ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- ACC tournament Duke vs Miami

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
After yesterdays dominate win our hopes are all high going into today. Game is at 7 on espn2 with duke currently a 2.5 point favorite.

We’ve had two radically different games against Miami and it’s nice to get another crack at them.. the way we were run out of the gym in Miami seems to have been the turning point for this team and I’m sure they’re excited to get revenge which I think we will do

Duke-82
Miami-73

Reactions: GillJET
After yesterdays dominate win our hopes are all high going into today. Game is at 7 on espn2 with duke currently a 2.5 point favorite.

We’ve had two radically different games against Miami and it’s nice to get another crack at them.. the way we were run out of the gym in Miami seems to have been the turning point for this team and I’m sure they’re excited to get revenge which I think we will do

Duke-82
Miami-73
Up to 3.0

• Love
Reactions: pisgah101
Their guards ripped us to shreds @ Miami. We need some good defense from Roach/Proctor with backup from Grandison and Blakes to keep them in check. If Lively can stay out of foul trouble and alter shots that would be HUGE. I can't expect that we are going to shoot over 60% again tonight, but you gotta feel like our guys are comfortable in that arena after seeing so many shots drop yesterday. I don't want to look ahead, but let's get this one and get another shot at UVA in the finals!!

Duke 81
Miami 74

I think it will be close. Duke by 3. Pretty much everything went right yesterday, today should be more of a grind it out game. Pitt did not seem to put up much of a fight yesterday. Miami will do a better job at stopping us. Against Pitt we did whatever we wanted. Proctor and Lively are playing like vets right now. They both look very confident out there. Roach doesn't have to take over games so he can play within himself and pick his spots.

Last edited:
Duke 70
Miami 69

Mix in some 1-3-1 and 2-3 and throw their guards off.

I can watch it live due to travel, so no bueno.

Last edited:
Would like to see some zone to throw them off.

This is the first game I can actually watch live in three weeks. Feeling like I should just follow on my phone and watch the replay for the win. Argh!! No jinx!!!

Last edited:
What an absolute terrible 2 minute stretch for Ryan Young. Miami is way too athletic for him to be in this game. Yikes

Good timeout by Jon there. This is going to be one of those games. Miami is number one for a reason. They're talented, can shoot, have great guards, and they're playing good 5 out ball on us right now. We have taken care of the ball well the last few weeks and it has reared its ugly head tonight at the worst time. Their guards are just so good at picking your pocket and making you pay for poor passing.

with the size advantage, you'd think we would pound it inside but we seem to be struggling to enter the ball

That jump ball call was bogus. The Miami player blocked it but there was no joint possession. Should have been a basket for Young.

Officials completely suck.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
ACC officials might be the worst in all of college basketball and that's saying something. Because officiating sucks ass in college basketball.

Reactions: hart2chesson
This pace favors Miami need to protect the three and Miller .

Overall good half the scoring from yesterday has continued.. Miami is good though hope they make a deep tourney run but but hope the ACC run and I believe it will ends tonight

Reactions: Mac9192
We are up 5, we get the ball out of half, i have faith in the combo guard coach at half making adjustments...

Solid first half. Watch the lazy passes in the second half and keep up the scoring. We moved up 5 slots on Kenpom last night. Offense looking much better.

Miami making some tough shots

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT