ADVERTISEMENT

***NCAA TOURNAMENT SWEET SIXTEEN - DUKE VS OREGON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Down 5 at the half. Not bad. Thornton has to play better. Allen too, or we well be out. Ingram keeping us in it.

I don't know how but we look like the team that is playing tight

its hard to play 6-7 players when 1-2 are just not at this level. Too many mistakes lead to other teams points...DT is just not an asset out there and Jeter it limited. If Allen doesnt get into the game or Kennard get hot then this may get away from us. Execution at the end of the half was awful...the last 3 possessions were pitiful

Kennard,Allen, and Jones need to be on the floor.

Thornton killed us to end the half.

Reactions: pisgah101
Thornton is freaking useless. His live ball TOs are ridiculous. I could make those passes. His butt needs to be on the bench. Oregon is not better than us I still expect to win. Come on fellas
I hope you're right. Any more of this crappy playing and my wife/kids will be pissed from all my yelling downstairs. Besides, I can't be angry at Easter.

Allen will show up in the second half. Marshall will not pick up an early third foul. Luke will impress. Ingram will carry on.

We were flat. And we are well in this game.

We got this.

Grayson looks weird tonight, got thus blank look on his face. He is not into the game at all.

It's Oregon's length. This is what he'll face next season every night if he wants to be in the NBA. He's not ready for it.

That said, we're down five points. Marshall picked up two fouls in two minutes. Grayson has three points on 1-6 shooting and missed a front-end. We've made 20% of our attempted three's. Plus, Thornton and Jeter look like November freshman. All in all, it's not horrible.

Reactions: Dukesince90
Grayson just isn't in rythym. We should pull away when he finds a groove. Everyone needs to loosen up and play! I actually think we should let Plumlee have a few iso plays. They aren't really challenging him.

We need plumlee in the game, Thornton and Jeter to not touch the ball, and we need a scorer not named Ingram. We've played like crap and are still very much in this game

I'm pretty disappointed at the half because I believe we hurt ourselves more than Oregon did. Grayson missing the front end of a 1 and 1 hurt too. He definitely needs to get it going in the second half. All that said...we're in not too bad of shape.

OFC

Settle in fellas, that really wasn't much different then I expected. We're young, I think will find emotion the next 20. Derryck gives ya good And bad, he really does great on defense. Derryck has made bad plays all year. Grayson has covered his tracks. We obviously can't win unless Grayson gets going, we all know that

I hope you're right. Any more of this crappy playing and my wife/kids will be pissed from all my yelling downstairs. Besides, I can't be angry at Easter.

I'm banking on Allen showing up this half.

Also he's doing a lot to help that draft status tonight

Duke can have a B+ game and walk out with a win.. So, it will be extremely disappointing if the season ends this game.

Its not like Oregon are a juggernaut...just a little more concentration and execution and we'd be ahead. Hopefully the players come out more confident they can compete and execute with more energy. That half had elements of youth that we shouldnt be seeing at this point in the year

It's Oregon's length. This is what he'll face next season every night if he wants to be in the NBA. He's not ready for it.

That said, we're down five points. Marshall picked up two fouls in two minutes. Grayson has three points on 1-6 shooting and missed a front-end. We've made 20% of our attempted three's. Plus, Thornton and Jeter look like November freshman. All in all, it's not horrible.
Its friggin amazing its only 5 points.

It's gonna take all 7 guys, few plays from the ones were not happy with wil be needed. Still think it'll come to free throws and few good bounces

Whats with Allen's FT's lately...seems like he has missed a lot over the last few games

I feel bad for getting so hard on players b/c they're obviously doing their best...but I can't believe a 5 star top 20 recruit is SOOO bad at basketball. He looks like the weakest link on the floor every time. If expect a stud frosh to struggle against UNC, KU, etc but he'd struggle against southern Florida tech.
I also watched the recruit video for DT and loved his ball skills. Really thought he'd be better too...

Well, that could have been better. Actually, we are not in bad shape considering everything. Oregon just playing with a little more confidence, but I think talent favors us. I hope K can get them loosened up with his halftime adjustments.
If we come out and play to win, I still like our chances. Ingram must continue to be aggressive, and Grayson and Luke must come up big if we are to have a chance.
I'm not feeling that sense of urgency right at the moment, and I hope we don't wait too long to get it. Hang in there guys, I think it's gonna be ok!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Reactions: Dukesince90
This game appears to be above Thornton's pay grade. Kennard needs to shoot better and Allen needs to get going or this will get out of hand. I agree with DJ - Allen can ball but he is not ready for the league..not yet.

I know we didn't play to our potential and are only down 5. Did Oregon play to their potential or are they not as good as I expected?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT