ADVERTISEMENT

Kyrie

Cavs picking up DRose as expected. Will be a fun period of rumors and reports on what he cavs are being offered for Kyrie.

So then what do you think LeBron wants Kyrie to do?
I think this is a coordinated plan at best, knowing Lebron is not going to return. At worst it's Kyrie being extremely smart and saying, I'm not going to wait around for a year being in limbo. He's 25 entering info the prime of his career. He's not going to waste it, so he's being proactive.

I'm telling you guys the Celtics are the team for Kyrie. They are young, no defined super duper star. Look at their roster. He fits in. OFC

I'm telling you guys the Celtics are the team for Kyrie. They are young, no defined super duper star. Look at their roster. He fits in. OFC
I wonder what kind of trade would make sense for both sides?

Would Kyrie and Thompson and a 1st rounder be worth it for Isaiah Thomas and Horford? The money works out for Boston. Kyrie, Hayward, Jaylen Brown, Crowder and Thompson with Tatum, Smart and Morris off the bench. Not bad, but I'd stick with their current lineup and go out and trade Thomas mid year for a scoring guard's bad expiring contract and a 1st round pick.

Last edited:
I wonder what kind of trade would make sense for both sides?
Well certainly Isaiah Thomas would be involved, and possibly crowder, maybe a few of their picks. They already had to part ways with Bradley. I'm wondering if the asking price for the cavs is too rich for the Celtics at this point with what's on their roster. I don't see him going to Boston to be honest.

Well certainly Isaiah Thomas would be involved, and possibly crowder, maybe a few of their picks. They already had to part ways with Bradley. I'm wondering if the asking price for the cavs is too rich for the Celtics at this point with what's on their roster. I don't see him going to Boston to be honest.

Boston is Cleveland's number one competitor in the East at the moment. You have this Bronspiracy going already so I'll buy in if he doesn't go to Boston. But you're wrong in thinking LeBron is orchestrating this so I'll continue with my thought.

This makes Boston top dog if the move happens and the Celtics don't lose too many key pieces. Irving and Thomas are a direct exchange but the Celtics lose some with Horford for Thompson. Can Kyrie become a floor leader. He showed that ability some at Duke and the Olympic squad but he's so far removed from that, it'll be interesting to watch his transformation, if it happens. Thomas had to do a lot for the Celtics, but their real strength will come with a PG who can score and it distribute. Kyrie can do that better than Thomas so this could be a big change for them. For now it looks almost like a stalemate with Kyrie getting his wish to be a showpiece.

Boston is Cleveland's number one competitor in the East at the moment. You have this Bronspiracy going already so I'll buy in if he doesn't go to Boston. But you're wrong in thinking LeBron is orchestrating this so I'll continue with my thought.

This makes Boston top dog if the move happens and the Celtics don't lose too many key pieces. Irving and Thomas are a direct exchange but the Celtics lose some with Horford for Thompson. Can Kyrie become a floor leader. He showed that ability some at Duke and the Olympic squad but he's so far removed from that, it'll be interesting to watch his transformation, if it happens. Thomas had to do a lot for the Celtics, but their real strength will come with a PG who can score and it distribute. Kyrie can do that better than Thomas so this could be a big change for them. For now it looks almost like a stalemate with Kyrie getting his wish to be a showpiece.
Answer a few questions for me then genius:
  1. Do you honestly believe that Lebron has nothing to do with this?
  2. If so- consider this- Lebron is keeping Kyrie in limbo. Kyrie is locked up for two years, bron just keeps doing his one year deals, doing whatever is best for Lebron, so what's Kyrie doing? He's saying screw this, I'll go somewhere else where I'm appreciated and wanted. I know, novel concept. Why am I waiting for Lebron do make his "decision" every year, and if it doesn't please him he can walk and leave me here high and dry. If bron really wanted to build something long term he would sign a long term deal and they'd stop signings old vets who are weighing down the roster for years to come- imagine if bron was like nah I'm out, and leaves Kyrie there.
  3. If not (you do believe that Bron knows/is involved) then it's pretty simple. Kyrie is the first moving piece- there were rumors of Kyrie and Bron telling other players not to come there- they know this show is over.
  4. As for the Celtics? They would get better and would get something for Thomas but does it really get them "that much better". I also doubt that two top teams in the east are going to actively make the other better.
  5. I never once brought up Tristran Thompson for Al Horford so not sure your point there is chief.

Reactions: Quavarius
Answer a few questions for me then genius:
  1. Do you honestly believe that Lebron has nothing to do with this?
  2. If so- consider this- Lebron is keeping Kyrie in limbo. Kyrie is locked up for two years, bron just keeps doing his one year deals, doing whatever is best for Lebron, so what's Kyrie doing? He's saying screw this, I'll go somewhere else where I'm appreciated and wanted. I know, novel concept. Why am I waiting for Lebron do make his "decision" every year, and if it doesn't please him he can walk and leave me here high and dry. If bron really wanted to build something long term he would sign a long term deal and they'd stop signings old vets who are weighing down the roster for years to come- imagine if bron was like nah I'm out, and leaves Kyrie there.
  3. If not (you do believe that Bron knows/is involved) then it's pretty simple. Kyrie is the first moving piece- there were rumors of Kyrie and Bron telling other players not to come there- they know this show is over.
  4. As for the Celtics? They would get better and would get something for Thomas but does it really get them "that much better". I also doubt that two top teams in the east are going to actively make the other better.
  5. I never once brought up Tristran Thompson for Al Horford so not sure your point there is chief.

LeBron's involvement starts and stops with his unwillingness to sign long term. It's pretty simple. I'm glad your expertise led you to that conclusion. Congratulations. Really.

Boston as the destination makes sense because it will be a long term move as the Celtics have shown the want and desire to sign to develop and keep it. If the move to Boston happens, which is likely, Horford and Thomas have to go to make the money work and to not decimate the roster or sacrifice picks. That's why Horford was included in my point. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Cute list by the way. Really organizes the nonsense.

Reactions: jamsession3
The biggest issue with trading Kyrie to Boston is Thomas and Rose. Bron is not a Thomas fan and Thomas and Rose are to similar.

The biggest issue with trading Kyrie to Boston is Thomas and Rose. Bron is not a Thomas fan and Thomas and Rose are to similar.
Thomas and Rose are not similar in the slightest. Like not even close. For starters Rose is a 20% 3pt shooter, often injured and a shell of his former self as an athlete. Isaiah just averaged nearly 30 ppg, is a very solid 3pt shooter, and is now into his prime.

LeBron's involvement starts and stops with his unwillingness to sign long term. It's pretty simple. I'm glad your expertise led you to that conclusion. Congratulations. Really.

Boston as the destination makes sense because it will be a long term move as the Celtics have shown the want and desire to sign to develop and keep it. If the move to Boston happens, which is likely, Horford and Thomas have to go to make the money work and to not decimate the roster or sacrifice picks. That's why Horford was included in my point. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Cute list by the way. Really organizes the nonsense.
Hilarious that you think the move to Boston is likely. If it's Thompson, Hayward and Kyrie, that's not really an upgrade. IT, Horford and Hayward isn't that much of a difference and I'd argue maybe with Horford they're better. If the Celtics are truly trying to get something done, they need enough cap space and moveable assets to try and get AD. I'm not sure they can with this move.

Hilarious that you think the move to Boston is likely. If it's Thompson, Hayward and Kyrie, that's not really an upgrade. IT, Horford and Hayward isn't that much of a difference and I'd argue maybe with Horford they're better. If the Celtics
Do like Christ - go a week without complaining Philippians 2:14

Denomination doctrines- a Pentecostal look 1 cot 13:10
truly trying to get something done, they need enough cap space and moveable assets to try and get AD. I'm not sure they can with this move.
:(:(:eek:

When the parents start bickering.

So that makes you Stephan A?

philadelphia-learn-23.gif

Reactions: pisgah101
Thomas and Rose are not similar in the slightest. Like not even close. For starters Rose is a 20% 3pt shooter, often injured and a shell of his former self as an athlete. Isaiah just averaged nearly 30 ppg, is a very solid 3pt shooter, and is now into his prime.

Rose and Thomas need the ball to be effective and neither are good defenders.

Put aside the 3pt shot, LeBron won't have the ball with them on the floor. Neither are going to a corner and waiting on a shot.

Sadly, Thomas is not worth a max deal either. Kyrie is 10x better than him.

Rose and Thomas need the ball to be effective and neither are good defenders.

Put aside the 3pt shot, LeBron won't have the ball with them on the floor. Neither are going to a corner and waiting on a shot.
Kyrie needs the ball as well to be effective.

I was always amazed (and peeved) that LBJ had more assists in the box score then KI. Don't understand why KI would let that happen. If Kyrie wants to run the show for a team and hope that he runs the show.

I will be honest, not a Lonzo fan. But if he keeps racking up 8-10 assists a game, I could be (Dad or no dad drama). Hope KI could do something like that as well. Heck -- Westbrook has high assists.

Just saying, if you are a point guard you should be able to dish the rock.

Reactions: hart2chesson
If LeBron thinks Dion and Kyrie we're issues, wait until Eric Bledsoe comes in town. He wants his shots...

Seems like that would be ok. LeBron will get his. He needs someone else who will get their's as well.
Well if the Celtics trade him Thomas as you say is definitely going to happen you'll get your wish. Him and a bum and shell of his former self derrick rose. Solid move by bron, either way destroying the cavs future. Maybe that was his plan all along. Win cle a championship and than stick it to Dan Gilbert for trashing him eight years ago.

Well if the Celtics trade him Thomas as you say is definitely going to happen you'll get your wish. Him and a bum and shell of his former self derrick rose. Solid move by bron, either way destroying the cavs future. Maybe that was his plan all along. Win cle a championship and than stick it to Dan Gilbert for trashing him eight years ago.

Stick it to Gilbert?! Have you gone certifiable? Gilbert trashing LeBron was for show and to keep the city involved with the team so that LeBron's return would be sweeter. The 3 years he was gone, Cleveland made not one move to replace LeBron. They were waiting for his contract to come up. Gilbert and LeBron are close. This isn't some revenge plot. I'm guessing you aren't a writer by trade.

Stick it to Gilbert?! Have you gone certifiable? Gilbert trashing LeBron was for show and to keep the city involved with the team so that LeBron's return would be sweeter. The 3 years he was gone, Cleveland made not one move to replace LeBron. They were waiting for his contract to come up. Gilbert and LeBron are close. This isn't some revenge plot. I'm guessing you aren't a writer by trade.
Are you just hitting refresh to see when I post now? Is that an option I don't know about, alert me when hokie posts?

Anyway, I understand why Gilbert said what he did when bron left, I get it. Doesn't make it any better and not to mention all of the great ones hold grudges- they never let them go and last time I checked bron holds grudges. He was gone for four years btw, and Gilbert wasn't sitting their twiddling his thumbs waiting for bron to return, he drafted Kyrie, Thompson and Wiggins and was trying to build around those two.

Not sure how many times I have to repeat this to get it through your thick skull but bron and Kyrie told other guys (namely Jimmy butler) to not come to Cleveland. They know full well that Bron is leaving. Pretending to be offended by not brining back David Griffin as the GM was a hilarious act of genius in his end. Everything bron does is an orchestrated act. It's not by accident.

Are you just hitting refresh to see when I post now? Is that an option I don't know about, alert me when hokie posts?

Anyway, I understand why Gilbert said what he did when bron left, I get it. Doesn't make it any better and not to mention all of the great ones hold grudges- they never let them go and last time I checked bron holds grudges. He was gone for four years btw, and Gilbert wasn't sitting their twiddling his thumbs waiting for bron to return, he drafted Kyrie, Thompson and Wiggins and was trying to build around those two.

Not sure how many times I have to repeat this to get it through your thick skull but bron and Kyrie told other guys (namely Jimmy butler) to not come to Cleveland. They know full well that Bron is leaving. Pretending to be offended by not brining back David Griffin as the GM was a hilarious act of genius in his end. Everything bron does is an orchestrated act. It's not by accident.

They drafted Anthony Bennett too. Explain that one away.

And I'll show you how to add poster alerts when you put the sauce down. I worry about you.

Reactions: pisgah101
They drafted Anthony Bennett too. Explain that one away.

And I'll show you how to add poster alerts when you put the sauce down. I worry about you.
That's true, I guess he's the first owner/GM to ever miss on a top pick. Smart logic.

Nah, but a good GM can recognize a horrible draft and get there young guys a great veteran in a deal.
Put your name in the running, I'm sure you could have gotten some trade value for players to go to cle at the time when the A. Sucked, 2. Pull of a trade using the top pick in a draft you just said was horrible leaving you little in return to begin with and B. No one wants to play in Cleveland.

Put your name in the running, I'm sure you could have gotten some trade value for players to go to cle at the time when the A. Sucked, 2. Pull of a trade using the top pick in a draft you just said was horrible leaving you little in return to begin with and B. No one wants to play in Cleveland.

Top picks and young players always hold value in trades my friend.

They were leaving LeBron cap room and Kyrie second contract room. Not sure of the issue here.

Top picks and young players always hold value in trades my friend.

They were leaving LeBron cap room and Kyrie second contract room. Not sure of the issue here.
The issue Nostradamus is that unlike you, projecting the future in the nba isn't easy for anyone let alone great GMs and if you pretend to think they KNEW bron was coming back you're crazy. secondly if they were so stupid on Bennett how were they so smart on Kyrie? Riddle me that genius.

The issue Nostradamus is that unlike you, projecting the future in the nba isn't easy for anyone let alone great GMs and if you pretend to think they KNEW bron was coming back you're crazy. secondly if they were so stupid on Bennett how were they so smart on Kyrie? Riddle me that genius.

Talent evaluation. You pay guys top dollar for it. You can't predict injuries but you can see when a guy is talented. Drafting aside, the Cavs had an obvious plan to keep cap room open for LeBron's free agency. Not sure why that's so difficult for you.

Talent evaluation. You pay guys top dollar for it. You can't predict injuries but you can see when a guy is talented. Drafting aside, the Cavs had an obvious plan to keep cap room open for LeBron's free agency. Not sure why that's so difficult for you.
Because no one was ever going to Cleveland, ever. Were they going to sign a max deal for C list talent?

Not sure why he lists the Spurs or Wolves if he wants his own team. Those belong to K.L and Kat

Kyrie is just forcing the Cavs hand. Either CLE committees to KI and LeBron or break up the big 3, and Kyrie is first, while he has leverage. He's counting on the last scenario. KAT has expressed and interested. Kyrie is a great fit with the Spurs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT