ADVERTISEMENT

Kyrie

CatcherForLife6

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Apr 8, 2002
Iowa
ESPN just broke news that Kyrie requested for a trade. Wants to be focal point and doesn't want to play next to Lebron anymore. Shocking... any guess where/if they trade him?

Knicks, Spurs, Heat, T-Wolves are his preferred destinations. Why Kyrie?Why?????????????????

Doesn't wanna play next to LeBron anymore?? Ridiculous. OK, if LeBron leaves in the summer of 2018 then I get it but wait until then to start this crap.

Reactions: crazyduke3
Kyrie knows he'll be double teamed all season long the year after Lebron leaves. That will destroy his stats going into a player option contract year. CLE won't have the cap room to replace Lebron with enough talent due to huge contracts given to JR Smith, Thompson, Love, and Shumpert.

Spurs and the Heat would be good fits for Kyrie. I hope he can find the right team for him, but if he goes to the Spurs or the Heat, I don't think he would necessarily be the "Focal Point".

Reactions: sheyduke
Kyrie knows he'll be double teamed all season long the year after Lebron leaves. That will destroy his stats going into a player option contract year. CLE won't have the cap room to replace Lebron with enough talent due to huge contracts given to JR Smith, Thompson, Love, and Shumpert.

I don't think Uncle Drew cares about the double team. He wants to be the focal point.

Clearly He and Lebron are in agreement that they want out of Cleveland. This is the first step.

Reactions: Quavarius
I would trade kyrie and LeBron both and start completely over...LeBron is gone why not get something for him?

And IMO I don't think kyrie is "lead guy" type...just think he is better suited to be the 2nd option in a team...just my opinion though

Wonder if all the guys who killed KD for loyalty will do the same to Kyrie.

It's hilarious that they've lost two finals to GSW and they think they are on a sinking ship. What a joke.

It's hilarious that they've lost two finals to GSW and they think they are on a sinking ship. What a joke.

It will be a sinking ship after next year once the best player in the world leaves

Kyrie wants his own team...not going to the Celtics or GS. KD is not comparable to this situation.

Reactions: Quavarius
Kyrie wants his own team...not going to the Celtics or GS. KD is not comparable to this situation.

You think he's seeking the kings or the suns to play for? Doubtful. Once lebron leaves like it's already been widely reported he will, its his again.

But even then, is this for real? He has one of the all time greatest on his team, why give that up.

Haha this is nuts, GSW have eternally destroyed the Cavs. I knew the finals was a blow out but man they destroyed their players mentally BAD.

I think Kyrie just wants some recognition. I always thought Kyrie didn't get the credit he deserved. Especially in last years finals. They both played great but the highlight you see is the Lebron block not the Kyrie game winning shot. It will always be that way playing with James.

You think he's seeking the kings or the suns to play for? Doubtful. Once lebron leaves like it's already been widely reported he will, its his again.

But even then, is this for real? He has one of the all time greatest on his team, why give that up.

Haha this is nuts, GSW have eternally destroyed the Cavs. I knew the finals was a blow out but man they destroyed their players mentally BAD.

The Cavs are constructed to fit LeBron. Kyrie wants a team constructed to fit him.

KD was killed for going to a team that beat him to get a ring; Kyrie already has a ring and isn't trying to go to GS. KD wasn't killed for loyalty, but for what I mentioned above. Also, I had no issues with what KD did. We all want an easy job!

You guys just wait he'll be the goat lol lmao.

Bring serious though I hope they do trade him. It'd be interesting to see what he can do at this point in his career

Reactions: Dad2ze
LeFlop is leaving after next year anyway. If Kyrie stays, then he will be in Lebron's shadows on the trade market. He won't get mad offer and will have to resort staying in Cleveland. He's smart IMO. Go to Spurs who have a great team and you'll be competing with Steph in the West. He and Lebron will never play together again. FACT!

Has anyone considered Kyrie wants to be on a team in which the coach runs the players and not vice versa aka Minn, SA, Miami and a few others?

Bron couldn't play for Pop or Thibs 82 games...

Reactions: hart2chesson
Wont happen, but I sure would love to see him end up in Atlanta...I would probably even start watching the NBA again!!

The Cavs upper management is a mess, it's not GSW, LeBron wants out and Kyrie sees it coming and wants a fresh start on a team not in LeBron's shadow. I don't blame him. Cleveland is a bismal city to live in.

Reactions: Dad2ze
The more I think about this Kyrie situation and it could be wrong, is that neither Kyrie nor Bron are stupid. They both know that Bron is most likely leaving next year anyway. So let's look at the tea leaves- Melo wants only one location- Houston. He would have gladly asked to be traded to Cle earlier but he knows his buddy is gone too and there's no way in hell hes getting stuck in freaking Cleveland. There are no other real options and zero chance anyone will ask to be moved there. Secondly I think Gilbert knows bron is gone too and is going to make moves to save himself this time around. I'm sure this didn't come out of nowhere. Next, everyone loves Kyrie around the league- he's seen as a good guy. Lebron knows he will be the villain again if he bounces first so he's telling Kyrie now to get yours now. Nothing bron does isn't calculated- this is just the first domino (or second I guess after they didn't bring back their GM). Call it over thinking it if you want but I think that Bron is backdoor orchestrating a large portion of this and I wouldn't even be shocked to see bron traded before the season also.

The more I think about this Kyrie situation and it could be wrong, is that neither Kyrie nor Bron are stupid. They both know that Bron is most likely leaving next year anyway. So let's look at the tea leaves- Melo wants only one location- Houston. He would have gladly asked to be traded to Cle earlier but he knows his buddy is gone too and there's no way in hell hes getting stuck in freaking Cleveland. There are no other real options and zero chance anyone will ask to be moved there. Secondly I think Gilbert knows bron is gone too and is going to make moves to save himself this time around. I'm sure this didn't come out of nowhere. Next, everyone loves Kyrie around the league- he's seen as a good guy. Lebron knows he will be the villain again if he bounces first so he's telling Kyrie now to get yours now. Nothing bron does isn't calculated- this is just the first domino (or second I guess after they didn't bring back their GM). Call it over thinking it if you want but I think that Bron is backdoor orchestrating a large portion of this and I wouldn't even be shocked to see bron traded before the season also.

I'll definitely call it over thinking. This is Kyrie looking out for his own career. He has a contract option coming up and he doesn't want to go back to the days of the Irving and Waiters show. LeBron will help his guys out, sure I get that, but his moves are based on him and him alone.

Reactions: hart2chesson
I just think Kyrie wants to make the best of things while he has the chance. Who really thinks James is going to remain with the Cavs. I feel both the Spurs and Celtics among a couple of other teams would be a nice place for him to help that team become as good as the Warriors . OFC

Agree, this is an extremely well calculated move by Bron Bron.

He told Ky that he's leaving the Cavs next year so by requesting a trade now, Ky absolves Bron of all shame when he leaves Cleveland next year since he"ll now rightfully be able to claim that he has no help when he gets destroyed by the Warriors again in the NBA Finals.

Bron cares about Kyrie so he doesn't want Ky to be on a sinking ship in the summer of 2018 when Bron flees the Cavs. Ky will be stuck with Dan Gilbert and a bunch of bloated contracts in JR and Tristan.

Bron will get the ultimate revenge on Dan Gilbert next summer when he leaves and the Cavs are in shambles. The fans won't blame Bron since he took them to 4 straight NBA Finals and instead Gilbert will become the scapegoat.

Also if Ky joins the Spurs, there's a non-negligible chance the Spurs could upset the Warriors before Bron has to face them next year.

Guys I'm drunk but I feel like this all makes a lot of sense! :)

I'll definitely call it over thinking. This is Kyrie looking out for his own career. He has a contract option coming up and he doesn't want to go back to the days of the Irving and Waiters show. LeBron will help his guys out, sure I get that, but his moves are based on him and him alone.
It's no surprise you'd call me over thinking on this, from the same guy that thinks 2004 was better than 1999, but I'm not rehashing that boneheaded convo again.

Kyrie and Lebron are absolutely in lockstep here. They know they can't beat GS and neither wants to be embarrassed in the finals again, especially Lebron. Lebron knows that he and Kyrie and this current cavs roster can't win it- and now with no GM and all the marquee players spoken for, they can't get better.

Call it overthinking all you want, but you of all people shouldn't be this naive. Obviously, Kyrie is looking out for himself, thanks captain obvious, but this whole notion that Lebron is blindsided by this is comical.

Lebron has been linked to two teams. Lakers and Philly with Simmons.

KI isn't stupid but the Cavs will always be Lebrons team. The spurs belong to pop so KI won't be a focal point over Parker, Duncan, Leanord and the heat well their in decline. I could see the twolves making a play for KI

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT