ADVERTISEMENT

Get well Cam!!

Now that Cam is hurt some fans are looking at him differently.

Not really, people questioned the circumstances of the whole thing is all. The biggest problem here is that the people who give ANY negative criticism of the team, individual players, coaching decisions are told they are not fans and in this thread have been treated like they're from THR.

Meanwhile the people being labeled as not fans or from THR have not once told the "anti-negative comments" crowd that they are not real fans. I mean it's totally cool if people want to have such hardcore loyalty that they never question anything, but there's also nothing wrong with criticism either.

Why does mud need to be slung on fellow posters & fans because they have different opinions? THAT is more like how they do things on THR. They fight with each other and bicker about ridiculous stuff. Why does that need to be done here?

well - if you listen to coach K's comments he is questioning it too. "nothing structurally wrong with the knee" means the knee is not going to be hurt by playing.

every player has a different pain tolerance/ability to play through injury.

Not really, people questioned the circumstances of the whole thing is all. The biggest problem here is that the people who give ANY negative criticism of the team, individual players, coaching decisions are told they are not fans and in this thread have been treated like they're from THR.

Meanwhile the people being labeled as not fans or from THR have not once told the "anti-negative comments" crowd that they are not real fans. I mean it's totally cool if people want to have such hardcore loyalty that they never question anything, but there's also nothing wrong with criticism either.

Why does mud need to be slung on fellow posters & fans because they have different opinions? THAT is more like how they do things on THR. They fight with each other and bicker about ridiculous stuff. Why does that need to be done here?

That’s simply not true. You want it to be true, but it’s not.

Reactions: dbav

Excellent post. Cam has been a solid player for Duke, but this whole ordeal is weird. I read an article yesterday on Yahoo where Cam gave an odd response. He said he hoped he could put the jersey on tomorrow, and went on to say if it was up to him he would go out there and play.
The other thing is he informed Coach K 30 minutes before the game he couldn’t play.

I’m sorry, but after reading all that has been out there, it sure sounds like someone is more than likely in his ear, and they aren’t part of the team.

Reactions: pisgah101
The BIGGEST problem here is the morons from the gameday thread. A couple are regular posters. And that’s the nicest I can be about it. Annoying and drives me crazy!!!!!!!

Reactions: retiredsoldier
well - if you listen to coach K's comments he is questioning it too. "nothing structurally wrong with the knee" means the knee is not going to be hurt by playing.

every player has a different pain tolerance/ability to play through injury.
Was watching ESPN and ironically they showed K talking to team before Canada where he said be as tough as your mothers- they show up all the time. Guess his mom never had jumpers knee

ANY DUKE fan taking shots at Cam is no Duke fan! Luckily, we can’t cuss cause I would’ve said more!

I just don’t get THOSE fans who attack our own players. What kind of fan is that?

I don’t know what’s going on with certain Duke fans, but this isn’t a good look.
I'm just now getting back on the board and this is pretty embarrassing. It's funny how we laugh at RR and IC, but yet turn around and do the exact same thing. You hit the nail on the head. I always thought the premium board was terrible with things like this, but being a part of both, it's getting to a point with some poster here, that the only difference is they are allowed to cuss there.

Reactions: dbav
I'm just now getting back on the board and this is pretty embarrassing. It's funny how we laugh at RR and IC, but yet turn around and do the exact same thing. You hit the nail on the head. I always thought the premium board was terrible with things like this, but being a part of both, it's getting to a point with some poster here, that the only difference is they are allowed to cuss there.

I’ve been wondering where you have been!

How is this ANYTHING likethkse boards? Lol some of y’all acting like we punched your momma
Have you read the comments on the premium board for any game day threads or this topic ? The funny thing is, I remember the Cam needs to sit crew and play Alex. So if that's what some wanted, what's the problem? Be careful what you ask for. Just my 2 cents.

Have you read the comments on the premium board for any game day threads or this topic ? The funny thing is, I remember the Cam needs to sit crew and play Alex. So if that's what some wanted, what's the problem? Be careful what you ask for. Just my 2 cents.

I’ve not been on there so I can’t speak for them. They may be awful. And Alex does need to play

I’ve not been on there so I can’t speak for them. They may be awful. And Alex does need to play
Well I can tell you not only in reference to Cam, but the game day threads can and have been pretty sad. It's one of the reason I react the way I do sometimes over here with some of the post. But to each his own. If I don't read it, then I don't have to worry about or just not respond.

Excellent post. Cam has been a solid player for Duke, but this whole ordeal is weird. I read an article yesterday on Yahoo where Cam gave an odd response. He said he hoped he could put the jersey on tomorrow, and went on to say if it was up to him he would go out there and play.
The other thing is he informed Coach K 30 minutes before the game he couldn’t play.

I’m sorry, but after reading all that has been out there, it sure sounds like someone is more than likely in his ear, and they aren’t part of the team.

What is this person in his ear saying? Seriously, I'd like an idea.

For all those suggesting this is Cam Reddish, "protecting his draft stock," what the hell does that even mean? There's 34 games worth of D-1 film on the guy.

Do some of you people think he decided he needed to hide something in the VA Tech game that hadn't already been seen?

A lot of sports fans hear a phrase and then beat it into the ground when it's not applicable.

This is a real thing when you hear things like, "Giles or Porter shouldn't play this year as a precautionary measure to protect their draft stock."

While not really all the realistic of a statement, it's the idea of having never been on the largest stage, had a major injury and not coming back to soon as to provide evidence that there is lingering effects that could have altered something about the dude's game, thus having an effect in his draft stock.

It's far more likely that Reddish was in a lot of pain and didn't think he could go.

I understand being frustrated about injuries. I even understand the looking back through time and think about guy balling out with injuries (Isiah in the finals jumps immediately to mind) but there is no reason to create a bunch of insulting conspiracy theories just because a current player doesn't measure up your own arbitrary level of when to play and when to sit.

Of course, based on post history of a few of the ones doing the most criticizing in here, I'm sure they see Cam's usefulness as something similar to a race horse, so maybe there's that, too

For all those suggesting this is Cam Reddish, "protecting his draft stock," what the hell does that even mean? There's 34 games worth of D-1 film on the guy.

Do some of you people think he decided he needed to hide something in the VA Tech game that hadn't already been seen?

A lot of sports fans hear a phrase and then beat it into the ground when it's not applicable.

This is a real thing when you hear things like, "Giles or Porter shouldn't play this year as a precautionary measure to protect their draft stock."

While not really all the realistic of a statement, it's the idea of having never been on the largest stage, had a major injury and not coming back to soon as to provide evidence that there is lingering effects that could have altered something about the dude's game, thus having an effect in his draft stock.

It's far more likely that Reddish was in a lot of pain and didn't think he could go.

I understand being frustrated about injuries. I even understand the looking back through time and think about guy balling out with injuries (Isiah in the finals jumps immediately to mind) but there is no reason to create a bunch of insulting conspiracy theories just because a current player doesn't measure up your own arbitrary level of when to play and when to sit.

Of course, based on post history of a few of the ones doing the most criticizing in here, I'm sure they see Cam's usefulness as something similar to a race horse, so maybe there's that, too

Wow. Great post.

It’s not negative criticism, it’s really not. There’s been plenty to debate all year, it’s been an eventful season. It’s the cess pool gameday comments where people can’t handle their frustrations so they take it out on a group of kids that are out there giving it their all. A group of 30, 40, 50+ year olds sitting behind a computer screen saying this player sucks, that player is soft. If people are upset that some are trying to stymie those types of comments I really don’t care, it’s garbage.

There’s been plenty of recent Duke teams that have had a far more me-first mentality, this is not that team. Cam has done nothing this year to deserve the type of bs off the cuff conspiracy theories that people were casting. None it was based on any actual information. Why were people making the comments? Because people were frustrated that one of our better players wasn’t going to be playing in an important game. Get over it.

It’s comically ironic how excited we get to talk about the brotherhood at Duke while we anxiously await tearing them apart at the first opportunity.

I think they would say - ‘hey dude if you don’t think your knee is 100% don’t risk hurting it more by playing’. Not saying that is what has happened but that seems to be the logical thing that would be said.

It will be interesting to me on how this plays out with Cam going into the draft. He is already going to be overdrafted based on potentional vs what he has shown at Duke. He has the additional knock of being a little Jekyll and Hyde dating back to high school - you just don’t know how engaged he is offensively game to game. If this is truly non structural and K was as caught off guard as he initially seemed Cam will have to answer hard questions during the eval period.

It’s not negative criticism, it’s really not. There’s been plenty to debate all year, it’s been an eventful season. It’s the cess pool gameday comments where people can’t handle their frustrations so they take it out on a group of kids that are out there giving it their all. A group of 30, 40, 50+ year olds sitting behind a computer screen saying this player sucks, that player is soft. If people are upset that some are trying to stymie those types of comments I really don’t care, it’s garbage.

There’s been plenty of recent Duke teams that have had a far more me-first mentality, this is not that team. Cam has done nothing this year to deserve the type of bs off the cuff conspiracy theories that people were casting. None it was based on any actual information. Why were people making the comments? Because people were frustrated that one of our better players wasn’t going to be playing in an important game. Get over it.

It’s comically ironic how excited we get to talk about the brotherhood at Duke while we anxiously await tearing them apart at the first opportunity.
Another GREAT post like jtre.

I don’t do much criminal defense practice anymore, but you would be my first challenge if you wound up in the jury pool. Your deductive reasoning is alarming.

Reactions: dukiejay

It’s not negative criticism. It’s fiction, based on not giving the kid the benefit of the doubt.

Awesome!

Cam isn’t sitting out to protect his draft stock. If anything, this situation hurts his draft stock. He shouldn’t have hit it from the staff though. It’s still weird, especially his response. You’d think he’d at least say he was doing everything he could to get ready to play. At least the guys seem more motivated to win for him rather than feeling hurt he didn’t play

Look if he doesn't want to play, go to the end of the bench and have yourself a seat young man. We do have guy on this team that play their hearts out for the name on the front of the jersey

Maybe he was correct. I'm just always suspect of someone who posts really in-the-know stuff in real time on a message board.
Pisgah is Coach K.

Pisgah is how you spell Krzyzewski in Polish. His family just wanted to simplify the name when they came here from Poland.

IMO, Cam has had a chronic, low level knee problem for a significant amount of time. He did not mention it to the staff until the pain got to the point that he was forced to say something about it. Should he have told the staff? Absolutely. It would have been dealt with rather trying last minute treatments. If the staff was upset, him trying to be quite and tough it out is the most likely reason. I think he plays today (at least I hope) after whatever treatments (icing, cortisone shot, etc.) he has been given for jumper's knee. If one does not come forth with their own info, people are always going to speculate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT