ADVERTISEMENT

Get well Cam!!

Well, Duke won, and everyon
Imagine RJ would’ve been more diplomatic but Hill was running his mouth all game. That missed layup couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. :)

Oh, I agree completely. Hill was such an ass. And then begging for a foul when Zion didn't even touch him. I still think he heard footsteps, 'cause he saw Zion out of the corner of his eye, and didn't Zion block his layup earlier? Anyway, I loved that he choked.

OFC

Anyone else notice the look in his eyes? He looked like one of those Japanese dudes when Godzilla comes out of the water! Totally alligator armed that shot.

Anyone else notice the look in his eyes? He looked like one of those Japanese dudes when Godzilla comes out of the water! Totally alligator armed that shot.

It looked like he rushed it as if he thought there was 0.6 seconds instead of 1.1 seconds. He had time just didn’t catch it cleanly.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
We all saw the video with Cam in a brace and limping earlier in the practice. I think they said he consulted with docters. Lets wait for the info.

Reactions: ioliva
It looked like he rushed it as if he thought there was 0.6 seconds instead of 1.1 seconds. He had time just didn’t catch it cleanly.

He definitely rushed it. Part of it could have been hearing/sensing Zion in the background. But that’s the first thing I said to my brother....he decided to go more for the tip than the shot.

Zion talks a bit about Cam in his interview here. Not sure if there’s much to draw from other than him saying Cam was skeptical that he could play right before the game. Perhaps that means they considered it and it isn’t anything overly serious.

Reactions: Mullin5756
“He was kind of skeptical on whether he wanted to play,” Duke star Zion Williamson said. “I was like, ‘Cam, as a brother, if you can’t go out there and play, you won’t be letting us down because I know if you could play, you’d be out here with us. You’re not letting me or any of your other teammates down. If you got to sit out, we got you, man. We’re not going to lose this for you.’”

“His demeanor wasn’t the same. You could just see it. I always look at my brothers’ expressions and when I saw him he wasn’t Cam. I was very worried,” Williamson said after the game.

“He was kind of skeptical on whether he wanted to play,” Duke star Zion Williamson said. “I was like, ‘Cam, as a brother, if you can’t go out there and play, you won’t be letting us down because I know if you could play, you’d be out here with us. You’re not letting me or any of your other teammates down. If you got to sit out, we got you, man. We’re not going to lose this for you.’”

“His demeanor wasn’t the same. You could just see it. I always look at my brothers’ expressions and when I saw him he wasn’t Cam. I was very worried,” Williamson said after the game.

This is the quote that gets me thinkin’

So if he were injured, wouldn’t the medical staff made the decision to not clear him to play? Surely he was evaluated. The fact that HE chose not to play tells me that he was cleared to go and chose not to play. Protecting his place in the draft maybe?

If he’s hurt, he’s hurt. I don’t want him on the floor (of course not) — but if just chose to sit out because of a little quick pain that came and went, I’m going to be infuriated.

His draft status will not be altered at this point. Sure if he gets injured further maybe, but a sitting out to protect his status makes no sense. And we owe it to him to protect his back.

Me personally, if I guy isn’t mentally there then it’s better he sit. Sure doctors may have cleared him but if he didn’t feel right, I rather have someone out there that’s going to throw his body on the line without a thought of being injured. Maybe he feels better mentally today, and is able to build some confidence

Reactions: tripleb71
I'll say I don't think there is anything nefarious here. I can't imagine that a guy who has been so tight with his fellow freshmen for so long would simply decide not to play in the tournament due to draft status or any other theory. Zion seemed candid in saying he could tell he wasn't good to go and I'm inclined to believe him.

Get well soon Cam. We want you back!

Last edited:
That was a blocked shot by Zion. He didn’t have to even jump and Hill thought that shot was going to be in the 3rd row. That’s what you call intimidation my friends.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Not into the conspiracy stuff here.
Dont even see any smoke.

For those who do I have one question. What business sense would it make for a kid who basically disappointed based on his ranking to reinforce the biggest knock on him THROUGHOUT his career-his heart by wimping out of the highest game of his career.

I hope he was not just protecting his draft status. UK had a player who played with a hurt foot last night. That kid wanted to play. I don't think Cam wanted it. Hope I'm wrong. You can play hurt. White did, and in the second half he was noticeably still in the locker room for a good chunk of the second half, presumably getting treatment for his leg after playing in the first half. I don't think he would have played at all if not for Cam deciding to sit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lavar5150
Shutting it down now wouldn’t help his draft stock. Scouts already have 35 games of tape to judge him on.

Nick Ward is playing for MSU tomorrow, said he won't let a hurt hand stop him. We need all the players we can get

Hope we get back to full strength. Good news is MSU doesn't play a deep bench, either. They technically only used seven last night.

If it is his knee, I can’t imagine he’ll play. Sucks but just gotta play on.

Not into the conspiracy stuff here.
Dont even see any smoke.

For those who do I have one question. What business sense would it make for a kid who basically disappointed based on his ranking to reinforce the biggest knock on him THROUGHOUT his career-his heart by wimping out of the highest game of his career.

It’s just weird. Had he hurt it against ucf okay but why didn’t he alert anyone? The trainers could’ve been working on him all week. Instead of practicing he could’ve been resting. Based on the information we know, he felt it during shoot around. It seems like nerves more than anything. I hope he gets better but still very strange.

Reactions: springsportster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT