ADVERTISEMENT

Filipowski declares for NBA

Alan I believe he made a post on Instagram/Twitter with a picture captioned “Year 1” the picture showed him sitting down along some teammates, Jon speaking to the team after a win and they were all smiling.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
I wish Flip well. A tremendous talent. We don’t make the tournament without him, and also unselfish on the court.

Let’s also stop the “he’s unfairly criticized” talk though. There were quite a few times where he played like a third stringer, and many times he looked uninterested.

Denying this just makes one look like a homer.

No confirmation on Stewart yet just speculation. Power either .

No surprise here, appreciate him coming back for another year. A really good player and wish him the best. Thanks Flip!!

Reactions: JimboSlice00
First i wish him well...and sincerely mean that...but where is he going to play? He has no mid range, is poor from 3, cant post up and when he dribbles he turns it over, and he's no rim protector or great rebounder...I know he was playing out of position some say but truly what position is he? I think he needed one more year to define what he wanted to be, work on it and show the league that he has that ability...I just dont think he showed where his game fits the next level this year...time will tell

I wish Flip well. A tremendous talent. We don’t make the tournament without him, and also unselfish on the court.

Let’s also stop the “he’s unfairly criticized” talk though. There were quite a few times where he played like a third stringer, and many times he looked uninterested.

Denying this just makes one look like a homer.
Tim Duncan looked "uninterested" every second he was on the court.

First i wish him well...and sincerely mean that...but where is he going to play? He has no mid range, is poor from 3, cant post up and when he dribbles he turns it over, and he's no rim protector or great rebounder...I know he was playing out of position some say but truly what position is he? I think he needed one more year to define what he wanted to be, work on it and show the league that he has that ability...I just dont think he showed where his game fits the next level this year...time will tell
Apparently, NBA GMs think he has sufficient amount of ability.

Defensive rebounding metrics were outstanding both years he played.

It’s a weak draft . He can show teams next year while playing the pf what he can do . I don’t think it ever was in question he was gone after this season.

Reactions: Devilinside
He was absolutely over criticized and unfairly critiqued. He looked anything but uninterested as the kid was an absolute warrior every game I watched him play.

Reactions: GAAP
Flip played hard and was unselfish. His stats improved from his Freshman to Sophomore year. He earned 2nd Team All American and All ACC this season, that doesn’t happen by accident.

The kid played hard for Duke both seasons. I really hope he has a successful career in the NBA. He has good court vision, played very good defense, can score inside and outside, and can rebound.

Good Luck Flip!

I'm Polska born. Also carry the Ski in my last name. So I loved his tenure.

Classic player in years past would put it all together Year3 to carry us to Banners.

Better supporting cast in Year1 but he was taught hard lessons. Returned as a superior player but not quite good enough to overcome our lack of size.

Ranks in the: very good tier of Dukie PFs

Josh McRoberts
Roshown McLeod
Cherokee Parks

Reactions: jamsession2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT