ADVERTISEMENT

What present players benefits Duke staying...

I think Jon could have more energy and fire towards our players and the refs when things aren’t going on our way.

I don’t think it’s Jon’s fault that we have a glaring hole which is no rim protection. Seems like he wanted one, but we couldn’t get one into Duke. I truly believe we’re only a 3-5 loss team and firmly in the 1 seed discussion had we landed one. It’s really that simple IMO. It’s like a sliding hill, everything goes downhill once we have to double the post, Flip foul trouble etc.

You can have all the talent in the world, which we have, but our roster makes zero sense. Too many small guards and not a single bruiser. Reminds me of some of the mid 2000s K teams that had elite shooting and talent but lacked athleticism and quickness.

I feel like our guys now have a lot of pressure on them to get out of the first weekend. Get to the second weekend and we are playing with house money. But all eyes will be on us if we have an intriguing second round game. How do our guys respond?

Reactions: AlanInNJ
I would take Mitchell back in a heartbeat! He's not the only player to underperform or miss a couple shots or make a bonehead turnover in the last two games if those are your benchmarks for wanting him to stay or go.
The 39.5% FT shooting over the last 8 games is worrisome.

I think Jon could have more energy and fire towards our players and the refs when things aren’t going on our way.

I don’t think it’s Jon’s fault that we have a glaring hole which is no rim protection. Seems like he wanted one, but we couldn’t get one into Duke. I truly believe we’re only a 3-5 loss team and firmly in the 1 seed discussion had we landed one. It’s really that simple IMO. It’s like a sliding hill, everything goes downhill once we have to double the post, Flip foul trouble etc.

You can have all the talent in the world, which we have, but our roster makes zero sense. Too many small guards and not a single bruiser. Reminds me of some of the mid 2000s K teams that had elite shooting and talent but lacked athleticism and quickness.
If we would have had a true 5, flip and proctor would have had much better years. We would have been as good as Purdue and UConn.

My frustration with not getting a 5, and Likely Jon's as well, is I think that was the missing piece to a 1 seed team. I was never on the Reeves train. We were so close to a complete team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT