ADVERTISEMENT

How long till..

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
We get official decisions? And what are y’all’s predictions?

Gone/NBA/Pro attempt- Flip, Roach, Proctor, Mccain

Transfer- Reeves, Blakes(Covid year I believe?)

Stay- Foster, Mitchell,

Wildcards- Schutt, Power, Stewart

Reactions: DBM0828
Hearing a lot of guys are leaving, but who knows. The other board (Elizabeth King) seems to think we will get 4 guys back. So I am hoping for Proctor, Mitchell, Stewart and Power. McCain and Roach are gone imo. I have a feeling Proctor comes back; I hope MM stays. If Proctor comes back Foster may hit the portal. If Proctor leaves we need Foster. I'd rather have both of course.

My hope is Foster and Stewart come back. I am in the boat I would like a junior Mark back but if it's he or Stewart, I'm probably going Stewart.

Someone mentioned Foster leaving? I cannot see a scenario where that happens. Hes going to be Duke's starting PG with all the minutes in the world surrounded by a wealth of talent. Very young talent though.

Who are our big MEN next year?

Reeves - Junior (injury prone)
Ngongba - Freshman
Maluach - Freshman

Is that going to get it done?

Reactions: jamsession2
I think our front court is more than set, especially if Stewart comes back. It's the back court. Foster (hopefully) and who else? I think Evans can play SG but he's not a primary ball handler, same wit Kon.

Pro/ Flip, Proctor, McCain
Transfer/Pro - Mitchell
Transfer/ Schutt, Blakes, Reeve and Power
Transfer or Stay / Stewart.

Duke could possibly be looking at 8-9 departures. No choice but to hit the portal .

I think our front court is more than set, especially if Stewart comes back. It's the back court. Foster (hopefully) and who else? I think Evans can play SG but he's not a primary ball handler, same wit Kon.
Plenty of sg, combo guards and pgs in the portal. Question is what type of players Duke can get out the portal .

A big and a guard are needed in the portal. Of course the guard might be in house already. Hard to say what Proctor and Roach will do. McCain is gone, I have to think Foster will stay.

Gotta get a portal big or something. If we waste a year of Flagg because we’re young(again) that will be frustrating as hell.

Would've liked for Duke to go after the Rutger's big that is in the portal. Veteran center from a high major conference and a very good defender.

Would've liked for Duke to go after the Rutger's big that is in the portal. Veteran center from a high major conference and a very good defender.
The Omuruyi dude? Would be a huge if we can find a way to get him but where would he play? Don't think Malauch thought he would be a bench player and don't think Omuruyi thinks he's a bench player either. We need to find a stud guard.

The Omuruyi dude? Would be a huge if we can find a way to get him but where would he play? Don't think Malauch thought he would be a bench player and don't think Omuruyi thinks he's a bench player either. We need to find a stud guard.
Yeah him. I think the two of them could share the C position if one is willing to come off the bench. The issue with the transfer portal is that most people entering it will want to start, and by recruiting them and landing them, you might cause a current player to transfer, which then means you have to fill another roster spot with another transfer, who will probably be looking to start as well, and it goes on and on.

I keep seeing Foster listed as a point guard, but I was never impressed with his ball handling skills when I watched him this season. Maybe I just didn't get to see him handle the ball too often. Regardless, if anyone is scared of competition or upset they won't start, let them and that attitude leave the program if they choose to do so.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
As mentioned before, Foster would likely only leave if we get guards back. If all the guards leave than Foster stays. It should play out this month. My preference would be Proctor and Foster, with Stewart, Mitchell, and Power. But that seems like a best case. The wildcard is if McCain or Roach return, but that seems unlikely.

Have we given up on J Shutt? Is he possibly the best shooter on the team after McCain leaves?

Have we given up on J Shutt? Is he possibly the best shooter on the team after McCain leaves?
He is still on crutches. Hopefully he can scimmage this summer. He did look good in preseason scrimmages. I would take Blakes as a back up PG, but he may graduate and try another school.

I think Proctor would be wise to come back. Who was the last Duke player that left early to be a late pick, that actually carved out a nice career - Gary Trent Jr.?

In this era of CBB, it's tough to know. Anyone could leave and i honestly wouldn't be surprised. Just hard to know

Don’t see it anywhere but Schutt is headed to the portal is the rumor

I really think Schutt wants to graduate from Duke. Look at the guys his size and style who finally excelled as a junior or even senior (the guy on UConn this year for example) and you see that Schutt still has a chance to make a difference.

I have no idea who comes back.

- I would give anything to get McCain back.

- I don’t think it’s a huge loss if we didn’t get Proctor or Mitchell back.

- I also want Stewart back but would understand if he transferred. I hope not…..

The portal can be a bit scary. Unless Jon and the staff are forcing kids out, I can see Reeves and Schutt staying. At least another year in a Duke uniform. Same goes for Blakes.

Stewart and Foster may come back as if they have something to prove. I just do not want their attitudes to hinder the growth of others. I saw Flip do some things yesterday that told me he could've been a cancer in the locker room.

There is nothing for Proctor, Flip or Roach to prove. They are what they are. As for Mitchell, it may come down to his support system and what they put on him.

I may be in the minority here, but I would love an experienced core of Mitchell, Proctor, and Blakes back. These guys got knocked out in the 2nd round last year, battled back and got within a half of a final four. And it would be nice for our blue chip recruits to come in and pull from guys who have been here and are hungry. I don't get why people are down on Proctor, he locked down those Houston guards. And Mitchell will never be a big scorer, but he is a good slasher and defender that doesn't pout when he doesn't get shots. You need role players. I think we get plenty scoring next year. I hope McCain stays, but the fact that Coach looked at a guy in the Portal signals that we will have a few guys jump ship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT