ADVERTISEMENT

Official final four thread- Chris wins

Roll Tide...great showing and gave Uconn a game...just too tough and hard to outshoot them. The final will be decided by which big guy gets into foul trouble early...i remember it changed our game in the Final 4 with 2 quick fouls on Williams

Even if Purdue loses at least they had a deep run after several early exits. I've always thought Boilermakers was a cool nickname. After the football team clobbered a local liberal arts college a writer said they lost to a bunch of "burly boilermakers."

Last edited:
I just don’t see how Purdue can keep up with them but crazier things have happened.

UCONN. Think they follow states game plan and fluster Edey .

Purdue will need to click on all cylinders, and Edey needs to get Clingan in foul trouble.

Sadly, I expect UConn to win by double digits. They’re just too good across the lineup.

U Conn is good but I think a bit overrated. They still could win; but Purdue is no Cinderella they are an experienced one seed. I do think Hurley gets them to play hard. They only have 2 top 100 high school players starting, which makes you wonder. They are doing something right. Hurley does seem to do well in the portal and has some luck with keeping guys around.

U Conn is good but I think a bit overrated. They still could win; but Purdue is no Cinderella they are an experienced one seed. I do think Hurley gets them to play hard. They only have 2 top 100 high school players starting, which makes you wonder. They are doing something right. Hurley does seem to do well in the portal and has some luck with keeping guys around.
Thought this was interesting, so I took a closer look.

5 of the 8 UConn players who saw action were consensus top 65 or better (RCSI).

The 3 non-top 100 starters include two taking a Covid year (Spencer & Newton) and a sophomore who turned 21 last November (Karaban). Each of these three have double-digit scoring averages over their careers. I suspect they would get more love if their high school classes were re-ranked.

Reactions: christophero
duke-lost-its-last-and-sixth-ncaa-championship-game-in-1999-to-the-connecticut-huskies.png

Hold me

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT