ADVERTISEMENT

Top Recruiting Classes Are Getting Old

McRoberts was a cry baby. Didn’t care for his play.
McRoberts had the only stat line in college basketball that he had his sophmore year
13ppg 8rebs 4ast 3blks 1stl....if he had managed 16-18ppg i think he may have been looked at more favorably imo...i loved the kid

Reactions: jamsession2
Right! There is no one way to win. Me personally, I’ll take my chances with talent. Duke has consistently won 20-25 games a year and hasn’t lost 10+ games in a long time! Not all programs can say that!
i agree w/ that too Q ...barring the bubble season and K's 1st 4 seasons... only 3 seasons of double digit losses...1995-1996 18-13, 2006-2007 22-11, and 2015-2016 25-11.....sustained greatness, we have a shot every year

Last edited:
I think we need to fully embrace the portal, because this hope guys stay 3 to 4 years thing is for the most part not working. We have 2 guys back, perhaps 3.
I get it. But I think Jon is trying to have multi year guys. We had 4 starters back this past season, and have 2 rotational guys back for this upcoming season.

College sports are a train wreck, and short of your fringe guys raking in good $ from NIL, I don’t know what the answer is. I’m not sure anyone does.

Malik Brown averaged 9 and 7 for Cuse. From what I have read he is a small ball 5 like Amile. Could play a Young type role.

Last edited:
I get it. But I think Jon is trying to have multi year guys. We had 4 starters back this past season, and have 2 rotational guys back for this upcoming season.

College sports are a train wreck, and short of your fringe guys raking in good $ from NIL, I don’t know what the answer is. I’m not sure anyone does.
The NIL is completely fine. The transfer portal, one year then transfer, is a bad move for stability. I still believe they need to sit a year.

Reactions: BNM79 and AlanInNJ
The NIL is completely fine. The transfer portal, one year then transfer, is a bad move for stability. I still believe they need to sit a year.
I agree with this. I also fully support high school players going direct to the NBA/G League if that's what they choose, and also a mandatory 2 years of college ball at one team for incoming freshmen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT