ADVERTISEMENT

Get well Cam!!

Hard to believe a guy wouldn't play through pain - look at NIck Ward and PJ Washington as examples - so if there's nothing structural and this is a pain management issue, then Cam better play today or I suspect he won't get another chance, win or lose.

This is unbelievable!!!

Completely embarrassed for the dip shit conspiracy posters

Cam is absolutely dieing to get on the floor- gaurtnteed!!

“Cam is an odd duck” - what the F does this mean. I’m sure you know him real well

SMFH

I’m guessing he plays today- and plays very well.

Good sign! Please let it be a good sign! It’s a good sign right... I’m going to tell myself it is to calm myself down

Reactions: tripleb71
This is unbelievable!!!

“Cam is an odd duck” - what the F does this mean. I’m sure you know him real well

SMFH

I guarantee you he has more first hand knowledge of him than you. Guarantee

Duke’s social media team usually seems acutely aware of who they show in every picture. We almost never saw anything of Zion when he was out. I think that post is a pretty positive sign.

I have zero- never claimed I did. So that doesn’t mean much....

What’s the point in conspiring against one of our own- that has put in so much, and done so much to get us here??

He didn’t feel comfortable playing- he was active and very positive on the bench. He stated how badly he wants to wear the Jersey again etc etc etc etc etc

What the F do you clowns need to see???

Does your “ inside” info know Cams body better then Cam??

This is unbelievable!!!

SMFH

Yep I have my reasons to believe so

Reactions: pisgah101
I still haven’t heard a single explanation of why anybody is doubting Cam???

There was tweets of him limping and looking pissed off long before 30 mins before tip.

He went out against UCF with leg issues

Kids hurt- didn’t feel like he could play well enough to not hurt the team. He got his rest, got as much of the best care he could and hopes to be ready for tonight....

I looovvveee Cam- Solid ass dude

I can name 3 games we absolutely lose with Cam not playing...one of those is the dagger 3 to spark the UCF come back after the blown alley-oop. Without him we are not here and for that he will always hold a special place in this seasons run. He has earned the benefit of the doubt at least, even if he doesn't put the uniform on again.

I will never understand bashing our own.. grew up in Durham and have K signature about 5 times as a kid as well as many others. Sometimes they have time to chat sometime s they don't sometimes they are in a good mood sometimes they are not. Getting frustrated at a player who is hounded everyday because they won't sign, won't talk, won't give your kids a hug, or visit you for Christmas is ridiculous.

For all those suggesting this is Cam Reddish, "protecting his draft stock," what the hell does that even mean? There's 34 games worth of D-1 film on the guy.

What would he be protecting? Probably the fact that if he were to play and got injured his draft stock would be harmed if he were to never play again or if it was a type of injury that would severely hurt his ability to be a top notch player?

I'm not even part of the crowd who thinks there's something nefarious here, just open to the possibility, but that's a pretty obvious answer.

That’s simply not true. You want it to be true, but it’s not.

Which part isn't true? I made several different points in that post.

I don’t do much criminal defense practice anymore, but you would be my first challenge if you wound up in the jury pool. Your deductive reasoning is alarming.
You guys need to read the article. Not my words. And I can’t help you and others refuse to take your goggles off. Should you telling me you are a lawyer impress me?
A person has to really have the blinders on to not take K’s surprise and Cam’s words to not see that something Friday was not right.

We haven’t been told of any problems with Cam’s knee. That’s because it hasn’t been an issue!! He tweaked it Feb 20. If there was any concern for him playing after that, with all the social media out there, don’t you think someone would have known of this?

Reactions: pisgah101
I'm rooting for the guy, hes a Duke player, I never said I had serious issues with him or he had serious issues, hes just a quirky guy, that had nothing to do with his knee issue.

Ok, I wasn't going to post this and let the conspiracy theories continue to run wild, because no matter what, it still going to happen. Cam hurt his knee in practice Thur a little bit. He practiced Fri morning and tweaked it again and it started swelling. He knew he wasn't going to be a 100% and felt he would do more hurt than harm and decided he didn't want to do that to the team and informed the coaches of his decision before the tip. It could of been handled a little better, but it wasn't. This is coming from an outstanding incredible source close to the situation.

He talked to a few of the players including Zion and that's where you see the quote coming from Zion about what he told Cam. The dude was worried about letting his team down by not being able to play like he has, especially on the defensive end. Makes sence to me with the way Va Tech plays.

I'm glad the only opinion that matters is the ones from the staff and his teammates!

Last edited:
What is this person in his ear saying? Seriously, I'd like an idea.

For all those suggesting this is Cam Reddish, "protecting his draft stock," what the hell does that even mean? There's 34 games worth of D-1 film on the guy.

Do some of you people think he decided he needed to hide something in the VA Tech game that hadn't already been seen?

A lot of sports fans hear a phrase and then beat it into the ground when it's not applicable.

This is a real thing when you hear things like, "Giles or Porter shouldn't play this year as a precautionary measure to protect their draft stock."

While not really all the realistic of a statement, it's the idea of having never been on the largest stage, had a major injury and not coming back to soon as to provide evidence that there is lingering effects that could have altered something about the dude's game, thus having an effect in his draft stock.

It's far more likely that Reddish was in a lot of pain and didn't think he could go.

I understand being frustrated about injuries. I even understand the looking back through time and think about guy balling out with injuries (Isiah in the finals jumps immediately to mind) but there is no reason to create a bunch of insulting conspiracy theories just because a current player doesn't measure up your own arbitrary level of when to play and when to sit.

Of course, based on post history of a few of the ones doing the most criticizing in here, I'm sure they see Cam's usefulness as something similar to a race horse, so maybe there's that, too
I have never said he was protecting his draft status, nor did I say someone was in his ear. I like Cam. Let me say it again for all you that hear but don’t listen, I LIKE Cam. I don’t like this situation.
Read The YAHOO article. And K was surprised that Cam told him 30 minutes before the game he couldn’t go. There’s a reason no one knew about his knee before Friday. It’s because K said there’s no structural damage. So by K’s surprise, it seems that our coach didn’t see an issue until Cam informed him.

For the last time, and these are Cam’s words, NOT mine, he said he hoped to play today and IF IT were up to HIM, he would.

I hope he comes back and plays out of his mind and the anti cam crowd has conflicted emotions in their brains, that leave them feeling very uncomfortable.

What would he be protecting? Probably the fact that if he were to play and got injured his draft stock would be harmed if he were to never play again or if it was a type of injury that would severely hurt his ability to be a top notch player?

I'm not even part of the crowd who thinks there's something nefarious here, just open to the possibility, but that's a pretty obvious answer.

Which part isn't true? I made several different points in that post.

My point was that the explanation is ridiculous. He has tendonitis so somebody is in his ear telling him not to play because playing one or two games with inflamation might significantly increase the likelihood that he could totally blow out the knee and destroy his NBA career.

Yeah, I'm sticking with he aggravated it, was in pain and didn't think he could play on it.

I have never said he was protecting his draft status, nor did I say someone was in his ear. I like Cam. Let me say it again for all you that hear but don’t listen, I LIKE Cam. I don’t like this situation.
Read The YAHOO article. And K was surprised that Cam told him 30 minutes before the game he couldn’t go. There’s a reason no one knew about his knee before Friday. It’s because K said there’s no structural damage. So by K’s surprise, it seems that our coach didn’t see an issue until Cam informed him.

For the last time, and these are Cam’s words, NOT mine, he said he hoped to play today and IF IT were up to HIM, he would.

In the post I quoted you literally typed, "it sounds like someone is in his ear."

I then asked, for those suggesting this is him, protecting his draft stock to explain what they meant.

Who’s not?
Lol
giphy.gif

Ok, I wasn't going to post this and let the conspiracy theories continue to run wild, because no matter what, it still going to happen. Cam hurt his knee in practice Thur a little bit. He practiced Fri morning and tweaked it again and it started swelling. He knew he wasn't going to be a 100% and felt he would do more hurt than harm and decided he didn't want to do that to the team and informed the coaches of his decision before the tip. It could of been handled a little better, but it wasn't. This is coming from an outstanding incredible source close to the situation.

He talked to a few of the players including Zion and that's where you see the quote coming from Zion about what he told Cam. The dude was worried about letting his team down by not being able to play like he has, especially on the defensive end. Makes since to me with the way Va Tech plays.

I'm glad the only opinion that matters is the ones from the staff and his teammates!

Kid looks heartbroken in that video...

Reactions: retiredsoldier
Who’s not?

I'm going to say the Lavar guy who said he finds new ways to disappoint.

I'm going to say the Mad Russian guy who says there's no way he can start and has to be in Coach K's doghouse.

You seem to be on the fence. On one hand, you might not like him but he's means to an end (he helps your favorite team win games). That's an entirely different conversation for another time.

I do think it's cute how you defend anybody who says stuff you agree with when their insider knowledge is questioned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT