ADVERTISEMENT

Get well Cam!!

Sorry, but this smells. K was surprised by Cam’s own decision. He prepared all week for him to be starting. That doesn’t sound like a guy limping around as late as Thursday.

These things happen. Duke is not excluded to a little drama. Plenty of folks thought and posted about the belief of chemistry issues last season, yet they were told how wrong they were. Yet we heard the rumblings from the program after the season. Then those folks said “see we said so.” They were then told “the seasons over, move on.”

Cam not playing, in my opinion, is why we had the first half we did.

I like Cam, and have loved his effort all season. I’m only going off of the announcement before the game, and the Bleacher Report article.
If we couldn't handle Vtech without our 3rd scorer, we weren't Championship material anyway.

I can relate with Cam because that is how I approached viewing the game from work. I'm saving time off and long lunch breaks for the remaining Tournament schedule not a Sweet 16 game versus the Hokies.

Reactions: Shavcountry
ANY DUKE fan taking shots at Cam is no Duke fan! Luckily, we can’t cuss cause I would’ve said more!

I just don’t get THOSE fans who attack our own players. What kind of fan is that?

I don’t know what’s going on with certain Duke fans, but this isn’t a good look.

Saying he is soft is not downing him? Only protecting his draft stock is not downing him?

Maybe, just maybe, he hid a minor issue to a point or even just played it down. Maybe, just maybe he was sucking it up for a while cause Zion was out. Then continued to downplay it because Bolden was out. Then Jack got hurt. Maybe, after getting slowly better, or at least not getting worse, it suddenly flared up. Then, he has a choice. Mention it last minute or just go agsinst Tech and risk serious injury and missing 4 games instead of one.

Reactions: pisgah101
Just lavar calling him soft several times.

I mean that’s not really downing him though. Some players are soft That’s just true. Is cam? Idk I’ve never experience md what he’s going through but I’d think in a do or die tournament I’d have to be in excruciating pain to not go

Reactions: hart2chesson
Saying he is soft is not downing him? Only protecting his draft stock is not downing him?

Maybe, just maybe, he hid a minor issue to a point or even just played it down. Maybe, just maybe he was sucking it up for a while cause Zion was out. Then continued to downplay it because Bolden was out. Then Jack got hurt. Maybe, after getting slowly better, or at least not getting worse, it suddenly flared up. Then, he has a choice. Mention it last minute or just go agsinst Tech and risk serious injury and missing 4 games instead of one.

Nope you’re are theorizing not allowed!!!!

Reactions: Mac9192
At first I thought it was just an injury before the game no big deal it happens sometimes..... now.... Man the more time passes by and the more I hear and read on the situation.... I don’t feel good about this

Reactions: Baller224
"He's had a little bit of a problem with his knee," Krzyzewski said on Saturday. "It's not structural. Nothing structural. A jumper's knee, tendinitis -- I guess there are a number of different things. But at different times, it can inhibit you -- or you feel pretty good and then you can play, or you can work yourself through it. But yesterday we weren't able to do that."

ANY DUKE fan taking shots at Cam is no Duke fan! Luckily, we can’t cuss cause I would’ve said more!

I just don’t get THOSE fans who attack our own players. What kind of fan is that?

I don’t know what’s going on with certain Duke fans, but this isn’t a good look.

Amen Q. Amen. I couldn't agree with you at all on this. Now that Cam is hurt some fans are looking at him differently. You don't miss the water till the well runs dry.You are my type of Duke fan and I've really have enjoyed your Duke post over the years. You are the type of Duke fan that if our program hit rock bottom you would still be as a big of a fan as you are now. OFC

Im not going to take shots at cam, but if his knees been bothering him since Carolina, why not tell the trainers and start treatment weeks ago? He could’ve still been playing while the trainers took extra special care with his knee every day. I understand wanting to step up after Zion went down but I have no idea why he kept this chronic condition away from the staff for so long. It’s just weird. Can anyone blame coach k for being pissed? If the staff had known about it, it would obviously be much more understandable. It’s just strange, like there’s something more to it.

I’m a little disappointed that Michigan states nick ward said nothing will keep him out of this game while reddish isn’t answering as confidently. I know the way players answer means nothing in terms of their health, but You can see the difference in importance this game is between both guys.

My nephew had "jumpers knee" his senior year of high school and it is real thing and very painful. He never had to have surgery or anything but he struggled quite a bit with it. He had to ice it and take anti-inflammatory meds all the time. Was also given a cortisone shot.

In no way am I questioning Cams injury, but what we are discussing now was the knock on Cam coming out of high school. People questioned how bad he wanted to play at times and his tendency to disappear.

We used to have insightful, meaningful talking points on this board. Those were the days.

Reactions: skysdad
In no way am I questioning Cams injury, but what we are discussing now was the knock on Cam coming out of high school. People questioned how bad he wanted to play at times and his tendency to disappear.

That’s different than suggesting he’s laying down on his teammates. I’ve said all year that sometimes Cam coasts and his consistency has lacked. Those things have followed him. Not something like this.

Why does K being pisssed mean something smells? Wouldn't he be pissed if Cam hid something that he thought he could play through and it should have been treated? Isn't every member of this board pissed when one of our guys gets hurt, especially at a horrible time?

As far as the maybes go, that was kind of the point.

That’s different than suggesting he’s laying down on his teammates. I’ve said all year that sometimes Cam coasts and his consistency has lacked. Those things have followed him. Not something like this.
I don’t know if he is hurt or not and honestly don’t care. Duke has to win with what they have which is what Michigan State has done most of the year. If cam does not play and we lose it is not an asterisk. Michigan State has had their 2nd best player out and ward has been in and out.

Hoping for the best that Cam wakes up tomorrow feeling like a million bucks. The way the three ball played out today, we are going to need him.

Reactions: Mullin5756
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT