ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite THR Quotes

It really is impressive how you can take it to the bank that after every single game the refs will be brought up over there 95% of the time.

Originally posted by denniden:

The amount of bitching about the refs that come from the UNC fan base is remarkable. I guess they take being a poor loser to another level.
That has become their primary trademark. Which is very sad.

Originally posted by DiehardDukeFan4Life:
Originally posted by OldasdirtDevil:

Well, here are 2 similar...and to me, bizarre quotes from the 'Carolina to Honor Coach K Pregame' thread.

First one from GoToHeelDook

"1000 is an impressive achievement, tainted as they may be by multiple swept under the rug scandals and the fact that over 100 of those wins came at Army. But they can celebrate it on their own court."

So, a UNC fan is talking about multiple scandals swept under the rug? And the 100 wins at Army shouldn't count?
laugh.r191677.gif

OFC
GoToHeelDook obviously can't read, can't count or doesn't know how to look up facts (I'm gonna go with all three options) because Coach K didn't even have 100 wins at Army. He had 73 wins during his time coaching at Army. He's a UNC fan so we should cut him a little slack for not being to bright lol
I guess they are going to be even more upset when K celebrates 1K again in about 2 more seasons for 1000 wins @ Duke!!!

Originally posted by timo0402:
Are we still not a top ten team?
I don't think so. I mean, if not for the refs UNC sweeps us. Anybody watching could have seen that as plain as day.

Here's another gem from the village idiot SEAHAWK at DUMBASS RADAR.

And one cannot ignore the officiating. Johnson called early for an illegal screen. Okafor set the exact illegal screen > 10 times the rest of the game. NO CALL. Jones head jerks everytime someone looks at him. Gets the call. Our guys, have exact same drive, no call. UNC no longer can get the calls at home. I truly believe UNC is being punished by the ACC for this academic scandal. It is joke. The ACC has no integrity, I wish UNC would leave the league. The officiating was the difference the first game and greatly benefits Duke the second game. It is not that difficult to call a consistent game, but the officials refuse to.

And if Winslow is not suspended for his 2 flagrant fouls (of course one not called), then it will prove my conspiracy.

I hope this ass hat wears a helmet when he goes out in public.

This post was edited on 3/9 1:49 PM by Bludvls1

Wait a minute....Seahawk.....hmmmm, Could this guy be that Yakima Kanutt dude from several years back? both names tie into Washington State and those type of nutball comments sound just like him. Guy was a head case.

I just looked up the word stupid[/B] in the dictionary and it had the forum names of several THR posters. Does anyone know what that refers to.

They forget about hansb. When he walked on the court the other team already had 5 fouls. Oh but they were legit. They're a crazy bunch. I watched an old unc game(1982) the other day and Dickie v said that unc is rarely in foul trouble because Dean teaches defense without fouling. Laughed at that one.

Gary coming through with some delusional gold!

Nothing will happen to the program from the NCAA unless they invent a new rule (not that I would put that past them),nor should it.

Heres one from Gary-7, a few months ago. Best recruiting class in the country

This group is special. True 12-deep rotation. This team will not pare down to a top-8 nor should it.
Literally everyone on the roster has markedly improved thier games... and though many scoffed, I said early on that Roy snagged the best freshman class in the nation: the perfect number and each perfect fits and fills for needs.
Jackson is a quiet stat-stuffing machine, Pinson brings energy and athleticism, and Berry absolutely owns the floor - everyone else just plays on it.

Here's one from Dsouthr from a few months ago. He's one of the great prognosticators of Duke Basketball.

"I see most of the national media have already conceeded the ACC to the dukies? As always it seems, duke will playa soft early slate, any decent teams will find themselves either in durham or dukie friendly venues, K does not like to put his teams in jeapordy of early season losses so he has to manage their early schedule to make them look more powerful than they actually are.

Duke loses a ton from last season, a loss of more production than any other ACC team, heck maybe more than any team in the nation. Oh yeah, they bring in a really talented big man, a very quick PG, and a under sized yet talented 4/3. But when you take Parker, Hood, Thorton, and Dawkins away as players lost from last season's team, it leaves HUGE holes to fill. No matter how good you think Ochafor will be, can you really expect him to replace what parker gave the dukies or even Hood for that matter? Winslow for all his hype is a bit undersized for the 4, supposed to be a potential special defensive guy but don't often see undersized 4s being great defenders as freshmen. Jones is going to be a nice PG for them but the kid is really tiny and while a decent jump shooter that isn't his real strength. I am not sure he is head & shoulders above Cook and he isn't nearly as experienced as Cook.

Bottom line IMO this duke team will be defined NOT by the incoming frosh but will have to be defined by their returners. Will matt Jones blow up as a deadly out side threat, he wasn't that last season. Will jefferson really take his game up a couple notches, will Saluimon really blow up, or PLum 3...all things that my gut does not see as likely.

What I am kinda expecting to see if Ochafor being used a bit like Shewill was during the Reddick days, as a guy that passes back out & rebounds with maybe a few sets run for him, something shewill never seemed to get. I think you will see duke tossing up more treys than the last few seasons. Ochfor is a solid big kid but he is not nearly the create your own scoring op guy that Parker was, more of the shewill type guy. Kid struggles when going against players his own length or longer and there are many in the ACC. If a guy like Jefferson can not demand defenders stay on him and not go double Ochafor then duke could be in a lot of trouble. And as for depth at the big man positions, their depth is basically plum 3, definitly not a guy that has shown to be a great ACC player. Do they play Winslow at the 4 along side Ochafor, do they start freshmen at the 4 & 5, Winslow is a bit under sized for a 4, they pretty much give up rebounding, those jump shots from their back court will have to drop or it could get ugly for them and we know those jump shots don't always fall. It isn't like they have JJ, or Curry, or Rivers taking those jumpers, it is more like Matt Jones, Saluimon, Cook? That ain 't exactly $$$ already in the bank...

You never know how a team will come together but it looks to me like this new duke team is really over hyped, even for duke teams this one is really out there in the hype area. Parker was a freshman and Hood was in his first season of eligibility for them last season but keep in mind, not only was parker a very special talent but Hood spend all the season prior practicing with the dukies, it wasn't like he was a freshman not used to the college game or what duke does. NONE of the current crop of duke frosh are any where close to Parker and Winslow is a true freshman. They may look good against the blind sisters of the poor that they play in exhibition play but lets see what they can do against real college level competition before we assume they will be a team that can come anywhere close to the pre-season hype. "11/7 8:21 AM | IP: Logged

And a great one from Smooth As Butter saying Justin Jackson will be the ACC POY and possible NPOY. He's really a special UNC poster.

Justin Jackson will be freshman of the year

I'm predicting he will be the freshman of the year in the ACC and wouldn't be surprised if he was nationally. 10/31

This post was edited on 3/9 8:07 PM by gottagonow

I Bet DSouth doesn't have the nads to mea culpa that utter claptrap he wrote. lol

Reading that dsouthr post was fun. He made a couple good points. About the returning guys and having to step up. He was wrong in how they would though. They are role players, who go out and perform them. Okay, one good half point I guess.

All the rest, not so much. Okafor had the most plays called for him that any other player in college this year. So much for being a rebound and kick out guy huh?

Haha, wow that is the ramblings of an ill-informed wishful thinking idiot. Is there one single thing he said that proved accurate? Even one?

Originally posted by gottagonow:
And a great one from Smooth As Butter saying Justin Jackson will be the ACC POY and possible NPOY. He's really a special UNC poster.

I'm predicting he will be the freshman of the year in the ACC and wouldn't be surprised if he was nationally. 10/31

I remember a few seasons back where one of their posters said that before his basketball career ended Kendall Marshall would be one of the top 50 NBA players of all time. Danged I wish I could remember who said that. Do any of you remember? It's up there in my mind and just when I think I can pull it out it just melts away kind of like" ole butter" has done.
rolleyes.r191677.gif
OFC

This post was edited on 3/10 2:54 PM by skysdad

Here's one from Dsouthr from a few months ago. He's one of the great prognosticators of Duke Basketball.

"I see most of the national media have already conceeded the ACC to the dukies? As always it seems, duke will playa soft early slate, any decent teams will find themselves either in durham or dukie friendly venues, K does not like to put his teams in jeapordy of early season losses so he has to manage their early schedule to make them look more powerful than they actually are.

Duke loses a ton from last season, a loss of more production than any other ACC team, heck maybe more than any team in the nation. Oh yeah, they bring in a really talented big man, a very quick PG, and a under sized yet talented 4/3. But when you take Parker, Hood, Thorton, and Dawkins away as players lost from last season's team, it leaves HUGE holes to fill. No matter how good you think Ochafor will be, can you really expect him to replace what parker gave the dukies or even Hood for that matter? Winslow for all his hype is a bit undersized for the 4, supposed to be a potential special defensive guy but don't often see undersized 4s being great defenders as freshmen. Jones is going to be a nice PG for them but the kid is really tiny and while a decent jump shooter that isn't his real strength. I am not sure he is head & shoulders above Cook and he isn't nearly as experienced as Cook.

Bottom line IMO this duke team will be defined NOT by the incoming frosh but will have to be defined by their returners. Will matt Jones blow up as a deadly out side threat, he wasn't that last season. Will jefferson really take his game up a couple notches, will Saluimon really blow up, or PLum 3...all things that my gut does not see as likely.

What I am kinda expecting to see if Ochafor being used a bit like Shewill was during the Reddick days, as a guy that passes back out & rebounds with maybe a few sets run for him, something shewill never seemed to get. I think you will see duke tossing up more treys than the last few seasons. Ochfor is a solid big kid but he is not nearly the create your own scoring op guy that Parker was, more of the shewill type guy. Kid struggles when going against players his own length or longer and there are many in the ACC. If a guy like Jefferson can not demand defenders stay on him and not go double Ochafor then duke could be in a lot of trouble. And as for depth at the big man positions, their depth is basically plum 3, definitly not a guy that has shown to be a great ACC player. Do they play Winslow at the 4 along side Ochafor, do they start freshmen at the 4 & 5, Winslow is a bit under sized for a 4, they pretty much give up rebounding, those jump shots from their back court will have to drop or it could get ugly for them and we know those jump shots don't always fall. It isn't like they have JJ, or Curry, or Rivers taking those jumpers, it is more like Matt Jones, Saluimon, Cook? That ain 't exactly $$$ already in the bank...

You never know how a team will come together but it looks to me like this new duke team is really over hyped, even for duke teams this one is really out there in the hype area. Parker was a freshman and Hood was in his first season of eligibility for them last season but keep in mind, not only was parker a very special talent but Hood spend all the season prior practicing with the dukies, it wasn't like he was a freshman not used to the college game or what duke does. NONE of the current crop of duke frosh are any where close to Parker and Winslow is a true freshman. They may look good against the blind sisters of the poor that they play in exhibition play but lets see what they can do against real college level competition before we assume they will be a team that can come anywhere close to the pre-season hype. "11/7 8:21 AM | IP: Logged
I ain't got the time or patience to read this epic. Can someone condense this for me or just in a few words summerize it.?
smile.r191677.gif
OFC

Originally posted by skysdad:

I ain't got the time or patience to read this epic. Can someone condense this for me or just in a few words summerize it.?
smile.r191677.gif
OFC
Duke has unproven players. Will need them to gel. Should not concede ACC. Will have less talent than last year. Okafor will only be used to set screens. Duke will not live up to the hype. I (DSouthr) know all without actually knowing a thing.

That should do it, haha.

smile.r191677.gif
OFC
Here, I'll try to condense this for you.

"There's something you need to know about me, Joe Rogan. I smoke rocks."

I remember a few seasons back where one of their posters said that before his basketball career ended Kendall Marshall would be one of the top 50 NBA players of all time. Danged I wish I could remember who said that. Do any of you remember? It's up there in my mind and just when I think I can pull it out it just melts away kind of like" ole butter" has done.
rolleyes.r191677.gif
OFC

This post was edited on 3/10 2:54 PM by skysdad
Sky my wife and I (she is a year younger than me) usually have to put our heads together to get one complete answer out. We have found we have better butter together. Two heads to make one thought is sad isn't it.
3dsmile.r191677.gif

I don't really like naming individual posters but in this case its ok because they say such dumb ass things, absolutely amazing that a living person can have thoughts like Kersersosay#1, Gary-7 and that weird dude Chapelheeled. Its almost predictable that Keyser will say the same stuff over and over, something about the Greatest scandal of all time,The LanceThomas jewelry coverup. Gary-7 always says the officiating cheated the Tar Holes or the worst officiating of all time.
Scary thought that they may have offspring.

Anybody notice at around the 135 left in the game Mark, when they called Jah for rim interference, just before that Quinn was going in for a layup and got fouled so hard he got swiped from the screen? Damn what a foul.

Originally posted by Showenuff:
Anybody notice at around the 135 left in the game Mark, when they called Jah for rim interference, just before that Quinn was going in for a layup and got fouled so hard he got swiped from the screen? Damn what a foul.
I guess I missed it when it happened but I seem to remember seeing someone mention it. I think it was in the Justise thread that I saw someone mention it.

There are some GEMS over there right now. Their tears and hatred spewing are so delicious.

Originally posted by gary-7:
Originally posted by BillyL:

Yep . . confirmation that dOOk not only gets the calls from the refs, but, that dOOk invented the 'flop' . . which in turn enables the refs to have yet another avenue to favor dOOk.

Even when dOOk knows for a fact that they get the majority of the calls, the SnowRat still F-Bombs the refs as if he his team was getting hosed by the zebras.

Those are just a couple of the many reasons why they're the most hated team in America.
...and therein, Billy, may be the worst part of their schtick. He berates refs over even obvious calls early to beat them down psychologically and make them afraid to make the correct call later in the game. And the SOB still gets away with it. SMDH at how that still goes on.[/QUOTE]Exactly Billy. And now that he is the "greatest coach that ever lived", no referee is going to stand up to him.
Sort of reminds me of his mentor, Bob Knight. He also beat on the refs and the apple has not fallen far from
that coaching tree. At least Teddy Valentine stood up to Knight, but you will see refs give dook a call right
after he has been in their ear during a free throw.

The Tar Sissies are not talking much about their team right know because all is not well in Chapel Hill so they choose to talk childish about Coach K. This is a pure case K's success breeding UNC contempt. They are so jealous because they don't have anything else to fight back with except their anger at the man who beats them. They are such a miserable fan base at THR.

Let's get one thing perfectly clear here . Duke did not invent the "flop." That came many years before Coach K. even thought about coming to Duke. That was "ivented" by former Tar Heel and NBA coach George Karl. He stayed on the floor more than the wax does. I mean this guy was unbelievable. He would launch his body backward and slide across the floor for several feet and go into his act of being brutalized. The reason it's called the flop is because George Karl had long hair and it would flop as he bounced and slid across the floor. I called him George "The Actor" Karl. I've tried to find some footage several times but to no avail. BillyL like the rest of THR are Tar Heel fans. They can't help it. It's their nature. Bless their little hearts. OFC

Originally posted by timo0402:
There are some GEMS over there right now. Their tears and hatred spewing are so delicious.

Originally posted by gary-7:
Originally posted by BillyL:

Yep . . confirmation that dOOk not only gets the calls from the refs, but, that dOOk invented the 'flop' . . which in turn enables the refs to have yet another avenue to favor dOOk.

Even when dOOk knows for a fact that they get the majority of the calls, the SnowRat still F-Bombs the refs as if he his team was getting hosed by the zebras.

Those are just a couple of the many reasons why they're the most hated team in America.
...and therein, Billy, may be the worst part of their schtick. He berates refs over even obvious calls early to beat them down psychologically and make them afraid to make the correct call later in the game. And the SOB still gets away with it. SMDH at how that still goes on.
Exactly Billy. And now that he is the "greatest coach that ever lived", no referee is going to stand up to him.
Sort of reminds me of his mentor, Bob Knight. He also beat on the refs and the apple has not fallen far from
that coaching tree. At least Teddy Valentine stood up to Knight, but you will see refs give dook a call right
after he has been in their ear during a free throw. [/QUOTE] What makes this pure gold is that they believe this stuff too. They really do. They're not joking or being sarcastic one bit. I, for one, hope they never change.

tarhill11 tossed out some real gold today in the "The real deal on the 'scandal'" thread:

The problem in all of this is that the white administration did not want to manage/oversee a black department head for fear of being labeled racist. Now we have the real racists MW and JS out there bashing young black men who are using their physical talents to try and better their lives. UNC made a mistake by not managing the AFAM department with true oversight. That is its only sin, being too politically correct to manage properly. The real sinners in all of this is Jay Smith and MW who are obviously racist bigots who do not want to give people who are less fortunate, who dId not grow up with parents who put them in the best schools, and who are trying to use what talents God gave them to get a better education and get out of the cycle of poverty. Yes they are underprepared and everyone knew that going in but no everyone is trying to make it sound like some travesty. That is the true narrative and the one that is the reality. Our university is just too dumb to push that narrative, or too scared.

roll.r191677.gif

SeaHawk is on fire again today. He's going to give some of those nimrod's a run for their money if they don't step it up. These posts are just on the first page of the game thread vs. Louisville. Damn refs are screwing the Heels again.

"Great, just getting waxed out there. Lville outhustling UNC and of course Roy refuses to call a TO to slow down a run. Refs must be the same from the previous game, inconsistent and calling more on UNC."

"Berry looking good today. Britt looks like crap. God awful D. Of course, you can't blame them too much after the last game against Lville. Foul everytime they looked at a player wrong."

"Complete bull crap. UNC gets called for a foul everytime they reach in, but Lville nothing. Lville again in the bonus, doubt UNC will see it. Swofford needs to go."

"Have you seen the disparity in fouls and free throws. Rozier just pushed off stepped back and they called UNC for a foul. What a joke. Incompetent officiating is ruining this league. There is no integrity left."

Originally posted by HeLooks2MuchLikeDave:
We should have had a THR Quote Tracker going all year
Yes we should. Bless their hearts.
smile.r191677.gif
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT