ADVERTISEMENT

This Duke team is one of the more dangerous teams to watch out for in the Country.

I’m just So happy for this team guys/gals and for Jon. What a great run they are on. There’s been a ridiculous amount of injuries this weekend and we all were sweating big time ourselves with Kyle on Friday afternoon. But Duke has dealt with injuries all throughout Nov/Dec/Jan that impacted their development and gave them some L’s along the way. Without lively for 8 games, without Dariq for a while, without Jeremy for several. Hell I had forgotten Duke beat Pitt without Jeremy in their lone meeting this year. Aside from of course wanting to see them hoist the trophy, I strongly felt Duke needed to keep playing games this weekend because the arc of improvement is still taking place and I think they got better and were able to cut some nets while doing it. What a special group this has become.

Scheyer now the fourth Duke Head Coach to win an ACC Championship and second Duke HC to win it in his first season. (Vic Bubas -1960). Only three HC’s ever won the tournament in their first year with Bill Guthridge being the other in 1998. Duke now with 22 ACC Championships, the most in league history. (Heels have 18, wuffies 10) Duke has rewritten what Tournament Tradition is in this event. Absolutely remarkable!

One of the big moves Jon made was what Krzyzewski did with him at the end of 2009. K gave the ball to Jon after the Nolan Smith at point experiment had failed. It led to an ACC Championship and set the foundation for that magic carpet ride in 2009-2010. Jon put the ball in Proctors hands so that Jeremy could roam, shoot and attack more. They started trending up when that move was made and Lively started to come on as a defensive force and Kyle is just a beast to handle. And they all finally enjoyed good health at the same time. Mike Krzyzewski is surely elated tonight and aren’t Jon’s parents amazing? What love for their son.
Well Said... I'm just Praying for Good Health!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT