ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs Clemson

pisgah101

Dec 26, 2005
Another tough game but this time back on the road.. after an impressive 2nd half win over Pitt we should learn if that was the start of a turn for this team or not. Game is scheduled for a 5pm tip on ACCN with Clemson a 2 point favorite at time of writing.

Clemson has been to me the surprise of the year in the ACC. They are a team I always like to root for outside of playing us and love when they can make the tournament. They are 14-3 and undefeated in conference. 2 of their 3 L’s I would consider “bad” against South Carolina and Loyola Chicago, the other L was against Iowa who is very solid, but we did beat them! Clemson is coached by Brad Brownell in his 13th season(can’t believe it’s been that long wow!) 218-166 at Clemson with 3 ncaa appearances (seems really low) and 1 sweet 16. Prior to Clemson he coached at Wright State and UNCW where he was quite successful at both.

Vegas tends to be right a lot and duke tends to not only struggle on the road but struggle at littlejohn. We have lost 2 of the last 3 on the road to Clemson (Pisgah was at all 3, those L’s suck leaving that place!!!) we have struggled mightily on the road this season. With all that said I’m going…

Duke- 77
Clemson-85

Clemson 60-Duke 65

Eliminate mass turnovers and don’t allow them to shoot threes all night . And go inside

We need Proctor to play like he did in the 2nd half against Pitt. Rebound, and limit turnovers and we can win this one, Duke 77 - Clemson 71. I am super curious to see which Duke team shows up today. Can Jon keep them motivated?

If we are sloppy and sleepwalking we lose by 15+.

Reactions: 9dukejames
My prediction today is different than earlier in the week.

I think Flip and Young combine for 30 plus and we rebound very well.

Duke 67-63

We need Proctor to play like he did in the 2nd half against Pitt. Rebound, and limit turnovers and we can win this one, Duke 77 - Clemson 71. I am super curious to see which Duke team shows up today. Can Jon keep them motivated?

If we are sloppy and sleepwalking we lose by 15+.
I think that this post pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Surprised Vegas things it’s going to be close. I really don’t know what to expect. I wouldn’t be shocked if we’re blown out; wouldn’t be shocked if we lose by a few; wouldn’t be shocked if we win by a few; wouldn’t be shocked if we blow them out.

I just want to see continued improvement. Winning at BC was a start and coming from behind to beat Pitt was impressive. If we steal one from Clemson, it will be because of our first conference road win at BC.

I think I have PTSD about being blown out there ha. I'm not sure what to expect today. We looked great in the second half of Pitt but we also looked very flat the previous 2 halves. Does this team have enough to beat a decent team on the road? We will find out. Proctor needs to play smart again, and we need the Flip of the Pitt game and the first semester. This team needs to show it can be consistent. If we lose by 12 plus I will be very disappointed. At least make it a dogfight. I heard the game is a sellout. Hard to believe with Roach out we will be fielding a team with no returning rotation guys from last year. Winning in a hostile environment would be great experience for these guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Heard we’re wearing The Brotherhood unis today 👀

After today, we’re off for one week and will face Miami at home on 1/21. Getting a win going into a week layoff will be huge.

Reactions: sheyduke
There's definitely a vibe out there that Duke is down this year. Today and Miami is a chance to prove them wrong. If we get steamrolled today they are probably right.

Reactions: pisgah101
Line has now changed to Duke -1.5 👀
Shocks me Q. Given our abysmal performance on the road it's crazy. Normally I would switch up and pick Duke, as the Vegas boys expect all the $$$ to go on Clemson!!!

However I just cannot be tripped up by the line, given our inexcusable road play. Scheyer and staff need to make a statement today!!! I will pull for 'em with all my might, but Clemson just has too much going for it. Tigers, 78-69. Yes, game is SOLD OUT.Amazing the bullseye on Duke even in a down year.

OFC

Yep game sold out.. I was looking to find a last minute deal on stubhub and prices have skyrocketed.. could buy a ticket for $40 end of December now it’s at $236 for the cheapest.. I’ve never seen anything close to that at Clemson this will be a true road game

It's a chance to prove our toughness and resolve. Coming back at home is one thing, but doing it on the road is another. We need to not settle for 3's. If we are down 10 early and are 1-7 on 3s we are not a very smart team. You can't keep making the same mistakes at this point in the season. If we pass the ball around and get a wide open 3 that's a good shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanInNJ
First 5 mins will determine if we've turned the corner...if not, could lose by double digits...if we have, then we take it in a close one...will be a real tough road test either way!

No five plus minute dry spells we can win. If we get one long dry spell then we lose by double digits.

A little late but if Duke plays like they did the other night they win this and hand Clemson their first loss.

Duke - 69
Clemson - 63

Just got home, got a Hebrew National frank and a Coor's Lite. How are we doing? I don't get the game out here. Mitchell with 2 fouls already, but 4 points.
15-13 Clemson. Flip with 7 and 4.

Last edited:
I like the fast start. Got to keep it close. 1-4 on threes so far. Looks like we're not settling for the 3 ball, which is good.

And if they win.. they storm the court. Doesn’t matter how we are this year we are still college basketball

And proctor whoa baby! Let’s go!!

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT