ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke vs Clemson

Just too young and too inexperienced, it’s a shame dariq is so passive. All you can do is hope we get some guys back, this team won’t be winning anymore acc road games

Reactions: christophero
Welp... Was fun while it lasted. Missed free throws Didn't help. One by flip then the one and one by Proctor

This group of freshmen just don't have that "guy". This group needed some upperclassmen they could of learned from. Just like Filipowski, he needed his version of Danny Ferry.

Just getting home...see we are 3-18 from 3....so maybe stop shooting 3's? We used to make more FTs than the other team shot...when was our last 20+ FT game? If this team relies on jump shooting then its not going far

Players have to make shots . I think we all can agree. This loss is due to an almost six minute drought without a field goal .

Really don’t think you can ask to much more out of Young, Blakes and Flip.

Reactions: pisgah101
It is what it is. Hopefully a home game next Saturday(unranked) will be what we need. When a program relys so much on freshman, and the top 2 overall in the land are overrated as what we have- its going to spell a long year.

This team will not make the tourney. I’ll eat crow later if they do, but they won’t.

Let’s watch Dariq and Lively get all kinds of “love” for potential on draft night, then let’s move on.

This team will not make the tourney. I’ll eat crow later if they do, but they won’t.

Let’s watch Dariq and Lively get all kinds of “love” for potential on draft night, then let’s move on.
They’ll do whatever it take to ensure duke and unc make the tourney

Holy shit , they stormed the court and we are 24 ! Really

Reactions: Dad2ze

To be honest . I’m really starting to think the word potential has become overrated

Abysmal last eight minutes of the game by Duke. Looks like we are going to drop out of the Top 25.

Abysmal last eight minutes of the game by Duke. Looks like we are going to drop out of the Top 25.
As they should . Sorry but they aren’t top 25 . Top forty however , yes .

I got my times mixed up and completely missed the game. Looks like another terrible offensive performance though

I’m not dogging him . However he does not attack the basket which is his strength and his shot fades.

One good thing . Scheyer was not on the bench a lot .
Lively, Grandison, Whitehead, Proctor, Mitchell all need to give more . It’s a learning experience.

No alphas it seems when we need them. Down 1 at the 4 min mark and then lost 15-7 in that last 4 mins. Who is our goto player to score? Who can drive and get us FT's? Too young at key positions and not good enough but experienced at others. This team is just a mismatched combination of players that doesnt seem to gel plus a coach learning on the job....recipe for what we see unfortunately..up and down periods in games with no consistency

These guys are typical freshmen. This recruiting class overall just wasnt as good as the last few. In the real world, none of these guys should be talking about the draft. Not one, Flip included, would see floor time in the NBA. We spoiled fans just need to accept that this is not a team that will make much noise in March unless something drastically unforseen happens.

These guys are typical freshmen. This recruiting class overall just wasnt as good as the last few. In the real world, none of these guys should be talking about the draft. Not one, Flip included, would see floor time in the NBA. We spoiled fans just need to accept that this is not a team that will make much noise in March unless something drastically unforseen happens.
Agreed.

A healthy Roach is what could be a drastic improvement for them.

Ugh. We battled, but 3 of 20 from 3 is just not going to get it done at this level. We aren't going to beat anyone outside of Cameron with that woeful shooting. Next play. I guess. Lose to Miami and that's 13-6 heading into a tough stretch. Must win game? I wouldn't mind this **** if 90 percent of our team doesn't fly out the door in May.

Last edited:
3-20....but yes...we should only shoot a 3 if its by design or wide open, It seems that a lot of our 3's are because we cannot get the ball inside, cant beat anyone on the perimeter and havent run any offensive set...so we settle for a 3 as the clock winds down...we dont have the luxury of anyone who shoots close to 40% so our 3's turn out to be just a long turnover most of the time. Said it midweek..if i was to defend Duke I would pack the paint and just let us shoot...we have no midrange game and our 3pt shooting is below average most games to say the least

We used to be known for shooting, that seems like a long time ago, at a time when shooting is more important than ever.

We have 3 of the top 5 rated freshman. Same as we had with Zion, Cam, and Barrett. Crazy how poor this year's class was. Lively might be the worst top-rated player in the history of rated players.

Frustrating loss and disappointing season, sorry for venting.

This one isn’t on the Coaching staff . It’s on the players. I thought we played good on defense. It’s the scoring droughts that are hurting this team and that’s due to youth .

If I was Scheyer I’d ask Whitehead, Grandison, Lively why they choose to come to Duke . Lively is showing signs of improvement but where is Whitehead’s scoring capability and Grandison shot when it’s needed?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT