ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS THE CITADEL OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
I don't know much about The Citadel, but I know they beat an ACC opponent (Pitt) by 15 (78-63) at Pitt. I know Coach Capel has his hands full there and its been a bit of a mess, but that's still impressive.

That said, I don't think we will have much issue putting the Bulldogs away tonight. The spread is again, not available when the gameday thread was posted, but I'm going to guess -27.

Tonight's tilt is a late tip, scheduled to begin at 9pm est. The game will air on the ACC Network.

Duke 90

The Citadel 58

Coach K Fact #6: Coach K has been named national coach of the year three times (89, 92 and 99).

Reactions: KDSTONE
I don't know much about The Citadel, but I know they beat an ACC opponent (Pitt) by 15 (78-63) at Pitt. I know Coach Capel has his hands full there and its been a bit of a mess, but that's still impressive.

That said, I don't think we will have much issue putting the Bulldogs away tonight. The spread is again, not available when the gameday thread was posted, but I'm going to guess -27.

Tonight's tilt is a late tip, scheduled to begin at 9pm est. The game will air on the ACC Network.

Duke 90

The Citadel 58

Coach K Fact #6: Coach K has been named national coach of the year three times (89, 92 and 99).
And the last time he won ACC COY was 2000. These two awards are the only ones haters don’t seem to mention when they mention the media loves K.

Reactions: skysdad
Alright don’t hate me but…. Trevor Keels reminds me of a basketball version of Tyler Thornton.

Not sure how good we are, but The Citadel is a well coached team. The stat that they’ve made the most 3’s over the last 6 seasons in D1 is impressive.

I imagine we break this game open but are allowing them to light us up like a christmas tree from 3.

great ball movement to start the half and some good defense around the rim....stretched the lead. A great first 5 mins

Reactions: christophero
just catching up to the game.....we gave up 42 to the citadel????????
They were shooting out of their minds from three. A lot of them off of our missed threes. Duke sticks to what they do best and boom, up by 20.

We look much better. We appear to be a second half team, but that won't work against everyone.

Citadel made the most 3’s of any opponent in CIS in one game, ever. Duke still won by 26 points.

Praying for the citadel coach - he collapsed on the bench one minute into the game and he looked not so good leaving the court.

A lot of recent Duke teams probably lose that game. Definitely not win by 26. If it were to happen, it happened on the right night.

Man...when this team gets on a run- their talent is unbelievable. Just the kind of game Paolo needed right before Gonzaga and OSU.

Looked good tonight. Keels has struggled last two games. Citadel shot out of their minds from 3 but from the scores of their previous games, it looks like they can definitely score a bunch of points. Hopefully we put it all together against Gonzaga.

Reactions: sheyduke
Baker with 9 points and 4 rebounds. That is exactly what we need from him. Theo with 8 and 4. AJ was quiet. Mark with another strong game. Keels not shooting so hot lately. Roach with a solid game. Banchero and Moore were great.

Reactions: DukeJim99
Baker with 9 points and 4 rebounds. That is exactly what we need from him. Theo with 8 and 4. AJ was quiet. Mark with another strong game. Keels not shooting so hot lately. Roach with a solid game. Banchero and Moore were great.

Anyone know why AJ only played 11 minutes, especially after how well he played last game?

I didn't see it so I don't know. Was he making mistakes?

He needs game experience and it's concerning to me that he's not playing more.

Keels was 6-9 from the field and 4-6 from 3 two games ago. He defends on the ball a lot and this game had a lot of pg responsibilities.

Pretty happy with the way the team
Looks and progressing. We will find out a lot more on Friday.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Anyone know why AJ only played 11 minutes, especially after how well he played last game?

I think the speed the citadel was playing with might have been fast paced for AJ coming off injury . Gonzaga will be a little bit better for him but I would imagine it’s all about conditioning and repetition for him.

Have there been any updates about the health of Coach Baucom? I read he has a history of serious heart problems so I'm worried it was related to that.

I think AJ fell in love with the 3 after his unconscious game earlier in the week. It's always going to be either Joey or him for the 7th man role (John will always be first off the bench to spell Mark). Joey had a lot of energy last night so he got more minutes even though he was cold from the field.

Moore is the type of dude we’ve needed for years. True upperclassman who has significantly developed during his tenure here. True captain and leader. 1st team all American at this point. Banchero, Williams, and Keels haven’t been too bad either. I expect AJ to be contributing more come late January/early February.

Maybe second or third team but agree Moore has been great. Nice to see a guy develop and not bail at the first sign of adversity. Baker too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT