ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
There really isn’t a whole lot to say outside of the obvious. Monster win Saturday, this team appears to have turned the corner but it won’t get any easier tonight against a team and a defense that’s been difficult for us to beat at times in the past.

At this point, if we want to continue inserting our name even into the bubble talk, it’s all win or go home – unfortunately that’s the likelihood of the situation.

I did hear someone say yesterday that running the table, a close loss at UNC (god I hope not) and a couple of wins in the ACC tourney still left room for an at-large, but that’s it. Otherwise we would have to win the ACC tourney.

Tonight’s game is slated for a 7pm est tip and will air on ESPN. Duke currently sits as a -5.5 favorite – I’m going to ride the hot team on this one.

Duke 75

Syracuse 67

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though every game is a MUST WIN at this point, we must fight the "Hey We Beat Virginia" complex right out of the gate. That could be a recipe for disaster. Syracuse is plenty good enough to whip us handily if we're not ready. They spotted Notre Dame 17 points Saturday with 13 minutes to go, yet still won.

Cuse has more than enough talented players with shooting guard Buddy (run him off the 3 pt line)Boeheim, forwards Alan Jackson and the emerging Quincy Guerrier (an explosive NBA prospect). Oh yeah and theres that guy Dolezaj, who's been there about 10 years. Joe Girard is the other guard(didnt we recruit him?), and he can shoot it too.

Boeheim seems to always have his teams ready for Duke, and we need to again bring the same fire we've brought the last 3 games. I am very wary of this game because of the quick turnaround, (Miami deja vu all over again possibility), etc. Fortunately, we havent had to leave home, and Syracuse had to travel after their win Saturday. I will give us a shaky pick for a win, 71-67 because WE ARE DUKE!!!! OFC

Can Duke keep the winning streak alive? Game preview:

Reactions: hart2chesson
I think we need to stay focused. Bring that energy again from tip to final horn and we will handily. I would LOVE to see Brakefield with a Brake-out performance tonight. Boy I really like what he's shown the past few games. Somebody said he was looking like Winslow, man I love that comparison!

Duke 73
'Cuse 63

100% momentum game, no time to sit back and admire the win over UVA....should win by double digits but I would be happy if they win by 1....

Build off of Saturday. Like the way we are moving the ball. Hope that continues. If so, we win by 7 or 8.

Reactions: bullcity gamer
Gotta make outside jumpers. Mark should be good in the dunker spot tonight. We need double digit 3s to win this game. I’ll go with 12. That’s the magic number

Gotta win. Have to win 3 of last 4 and at least 2, maybe 3 wins in the ACC tourney depending on where our seeding winds up.

But the best thing is how this team is playing. Way better defense and a lot more confidence. Seems to help that Johnson is off the team.

Unless we make a long run in the tournament (final four) I hope some of these freshmen don't break out too much! ;) They are likely to think they are ready for the draft. I want most all of them back next year! ;)

Reactions: christophero
This will tell if we have learned our lessons from Miami. If we let them hang around there could be trouble. (banked 3 at the dome a few years back says hi) Let's get a double digit first half lead and maintain.

Reactions: skysdad
This will tell if we have learned our lessons from Miami. If we let them hang around there could be trouble. (banked 3 at the dome a few years back says hi) Let's get a double digit first half lead and maintain.

You are right. Coach K's not gonna let them forget. OFC

Too legit. Too legit to quit!!

Loving the effort. Play hard for 25 more mins and we cruise even if the threes don’t fall in the second half. Don’t let up.

Let’s go Duke!!

That had to be our best half. Defensive rotations were good and we are shooting the lights out from 3

Great half on offense. Need to stay consistent from 3 in the second half. Let it slip a bit on defense to give up 34 ....second half continue to execute and should be fine...nice lead to take into the half

Pace is so fast. Hard to tell if good basketball is being played. They are just firing 3’s every chance. Duke to 100 at this point.

The effort we’ve shown these past 3 games has been night and day from the first few months. Really hope they can keep it going to have some positive momentum going into next season.

Alright Duke fans, let's get this to 2 whole pages. GO DEVILS!

The positivity party never left, just didn't want to engage the negative nancies. Those freaks aren't here while we're winning!

If Alan can quote MC Hammer, this thread can get to 2 pages!

Reactions: AlanInNJ
quality over quantity...pages dont matter :) Closer second half but definite signs of a turned corner!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT