ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

This is like a completely different team. I’m not sure I have seen a K team make such a dramatic change in the middle of the season and perform so much better over the course of just a few games! Some have improved, to be sure, like 2015. But this team was almost unwatchable a month ago and here they are playing hard and playing well.

Reactions: Liftee
Duke continues to roll.

Game recap, plus five observations and player of the game.

This team is peaking at the right time.

If Duke wins out, they could actually jump into the top four of the ACC standings! Insane. Of course Covid has been a big factor.

Reactions: christophero
At this point in the season, every game we win should be good enough. This team is improving, and no better time than now. Great game by Williams. Guards Roach and Steward had solid games too.

Duke definitely looks the part of an NCAAT team right now. No high seed would want to see them in the first round should Duke make the dance.

Duke definitely looks the part of an NCAAT team right now. No high seed would want to see them in the first round should Duke make the dance.

Maybe a little premature but I’m feeling confident. Who on god’s green earth is gonna want to see Duke as a 12 seed in their bracket??

Don’t make me quote Hammer again. ;)

Reactions: hart2chesson
I havnt seen Duke look like this in idk how long....Defensively...forever! If we (which I think we will make the tournament) we are dangerous! Damnnn the look even gets worse with JJ...

Mark Williams is gonna be a favorite player of mine.
Every game the passses I think more and more he’ll leave . He has 2nd round “potential” all over him. Not a star but an important asset on any team in the future...I wouldn’t be surprised at all of he left.

Anybody notice the difference in Jay calling our games this year? It’s more, I guess less of the bs “not trying to sound biased” lmao I guess he heard us!

Never have I been any prouder of any of the Duke teams i have followed over 5 decades!!! Coach K's preparation for this game
, with only 1 day off- was phenomenal!!! Not comparing their talents now, BUT Mark's moves, running the floor, wingspan remind me of Ralph Sampson on occasion.....How bout Roach and Steward breaking in those nets from 3!!!! Get some rest boys, much deserved, but bring it SATURDAY!!! OFC

Mark will start and he’s going to play himself into a first round pick this year. I can see it. He’s what the NBA wants in a big man. I can see him averaging over 3 blocks a game and dominating the paint defensively. While rim running and getting lobs offensively
My Mark prediction is becoming a reality. I knew it was only a matter of time

The ball Movement was spectacular. Really proud of this team, quick turnaround after an emotional grind just 48 hours earlier. Let’s keep it rolling!
I think Williams has a lot to do with the improved ball movement. With him lurking along the baseline, the other team has to stay close, which is giving our perimeter guys more open looks and better driving lanes. And I love his instinct to go right at the rim. On top of that, when he does get the ball away from the basket, he’s making quick accurate passes.

To those who said Coach K is washed up, that he can't coach up a team, that he can't communicate with the young guys, that he can't game plan any more, that he doesn't recruit the right guys... SHAME ON YOU.

Duke had 27 assist on 34 made baskets something like that . When the ball moves Duke gets better shots.

As for posting During games. You can actually watch this team and feel like it’s Duke basketball and they are playing together. Where as the others, it was easier to post then watch a team you knew was talented play so horrific and not together.

Reactions: jeffrey236
Quoting your own post gloatin is almost as weak as JJ opting out 😂
First of all, he did not "quote" his prediction; he simply referred to it. Second, he was not "gloating". That is something you do when someone else disagrees with your prediction, and your prediction ends up being correct.
Third, he was patting himself on the back, which is hardly a rare occurrence here. Calling him "weak" based upon a glaring misinterpretation of what he said is disingenuous and weaker still. OFC

To my eye Williams is a better NBA prospect than any of our guys including Johnson. We would be really lucky to get him another year after last night. He looked dominant.

First of all, he did not "quote" his prediction; he simply referred to it. Second, he was not "gloating". That is something you do when someone else disagrees with your prediction, and your prediction ends up being correct.
Third, he was patting himself on the back, which is hardly a rare occurrence here. Calling him "weak" based upon a glaring misinterpretation of what he said is disingenuous and weaker still. OFC
Lol 4th yes he indeed quoted himself.
5th I’m pretty sure everybody disagreed with his “prediction”
6th he’s “patting himself on the back” is he correct or?
7th speaking (coming to defense) FOR him how YOURE interpreting him contradicting your self is stupid
8th you’re misinterpreting “weak” and how I used it
9th I can keep going inspector interpretation gadget😂

Duke had 27 assist on 34 made baskets something like that . When the ball moves Duke gets better shots.

yes, they moved the ball well. I can’t count the number of times this year I was yelling at the TV “cut out all that dribbling!” That has changed noticeably the last few games. I remember one of my coaches yelling “they can guard the ball a lot better when it’s held by a guy dribbling it than when it’s being whipped around”. Last night was a great example.

Reactions: sheyduke
It's crazy how much better we have looked. 2 weeks ago I was starting to wonder if we would win another game this season. If Hurt is the only one who leaves we are set up perfectly for next season.
We honestly won't need Baldwin or Keels. Add Paolo and AJ to this more experienced team and we have a contender. Mark will be the key next year. If he makes that leap or frontcourt will be a menace on both sides

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT