ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS SYRACUSE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

a quick 3 with 20 secs to go cost us down 3 to down 5....come on Coaches.....thats just poor execution and game management

Sometimes I feel like reddish is more like a jr Smith type of player. I’m not sure he’s even a good 3 point shooter more of a streaky one

Yeah... I just don’t see us winning this one but I hope I’m wrong. Offense just looks brutal

#1 - Coach shocking the world by putting in Baker was interesting... Bad pass turnover, missed 3 and failure to step up on a defensive possession resulting in a score all in 3 minutes. Block from the back looked nice at end of 1st half though. Too soon to write him off but I don’t like the first impression.

#2 - Tre Jones has NO BUSINESS shooting 6 threes. 26% on the season and 1-5 tonight backs that statement.

#3 - 9/15 2pt, 3/14 3pt ..... Can we please stop living and dying behind the arc when we are incredible inside it.

Seriously BAFFLES me that we are so obsessed with shooting 3’s that we’re willing to burn Baker’s redshirt instead of changing the offense or shot selection.

On a positive note, RJ has been terrific.

Reactions: vcugreg and ioliva
We play Baker to help us out and then have him committ all the fouls to put him in foul trouble. How does that help us??????
OFC

Reactions: germantondevil
#1 - Coach shocking the world by putting in Baker was interesting... Bad pass turnover, missed 3 and failure to step up on a defensive possession resulting in a score all in 3 minutes. Block from the back looked nice at end of 1st half though. Too soon to write him off but I don’t like the first impression.

#2 - Tre Jones has NO BUSINESS shooting 6 threes. 26% on the season and 1-5 tonight backs that statement.

#3 - 9/15 2pt, 3/14 3pt ..... Can we please stop living and dying behind the arc when we are incredible inside it.

Seriously BAFFLES me that we are so obsessed with shooting 3’s that we’re willing to burn Baker’s redshirt instead of changing the offense or shot selection.

On a positive note, RJ has been terrific.
The first impression? He's played spareingly in 1 half of the game. I thought your first impression was terrible also.

Just start hitting shots, so we don’t have anything to talk about!

I just don’t understand how we look this bad. I get Zions out, but this was our team before Zion committed. Execution is bad, our zone offense is bad. No cutting, no flashing from the block to middle. I don’t understand it

Reddish 1-7, Jones 1-6....this team only has one scorer. Boeheim is smart enough to figure that out and shut RJ down, make someone else beat them...who? no idea since we dont seem to have anyone who can score consistently. At this point we are an average team at best, with one very good player. We used to shoot FT too...more than the teams we played...we dont penetrate so not getting there either.

We had another bad finish to a half...Reddish taking a shot with too much time left, and a good block by Joey that was called a foul. Hey, we're trying a lot of different combinations that we haven't used before, so there is definitely a learning curve going on here. All things considered, we're not in too bad of shape. Let's regroup at half, and take this baby.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
The first impression? He's played spareingly in 1 half of the game. I thought your first impression was terrible also.

He hasn’t played all year, since the redshirt is burned he deserves to make his case for playing time. Deserves the chance for judgement to be delayed... I’m rooting for him. But if your first impression of him in this half so far is positive, I’d like to know what you saw.

I really don’t understand the Baker thing. Maybe he plays more in the second half but wasting the redshirt for 3 minutes in the first half?

We have got to stop shooting so many threes. I hate agreeing with Greenberg but he’s right about RJ touching the ball every possession.

I would never had guess we would be so horrible at shooting 3. I know we need to be focused on 2 point shots but teams like Syracuse will gladly pack it inside the arc and offer free 3’s. That jack hasn’t played says everything. That Joey has played says how bad things are.

I am sorry fellas, I love K but this is as much on him as it is the kids. We look lost on both ends of the floor.

I am sorry fellas, I love K but this is as much on him as it is the kids. We look lost on both ends of the floor.

Its strange that losing just Zion has lead to so many changes in personnel and the introduction of Baker. Experimenting at this point in the season is quite puzzling. Some adjustments were needed but these combinations are all brand new.

Reactions: springsportster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT