ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS PRINCETON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

This ball hawking defense is nice to finally see again in a Duke uniform. Forgot what is use to look like. When these boys decide to lock down on the defensive end, it's a thing of beauty. And Tre don't give the primary ball handler a break from opening tip until either halftime or the final buzzer.

The game is pretty much put away. No time to get sloppy and pajssive. Play hand from the tip to the horn no matter who is on the court. OFC

I like the minutes for Goldwire. He needs to improve on defense, but he's been steady all around.

Crazy, looked like we wouldn’t score 60, now welcome to the 90’s.

Bad first 15 minutes...then good last 5 minutes of half...then a pretty damn good 2nd half...on to Texas Tech Thursday night

Reactions: skysdad
What a second half. Everyone who played scored and how much better can that be. We shot well from the field, 3 point line and how about that free throw shooting? The team played so hard in the second half. I would love to see Duke win a game 150 -0 but that may be asking too much unless it's against skysdad, oldasdirt, harttochesson, soldier and toppscoach. I would put Show in but he would figure out a way to score. OFC

Sure didn’t seem like we scored 101, and did it with Cam still struggling. He went 3-11, and he’s real weak attacking the basket. Big test, according to the experts Thursday night.
If Texas Tech is as good as they are saying, then we will see how our half court offense is.

Of all the good things this team has going for it, the effort they give is their best trait.

I was DYING for Buckmire to score. Would have had every player post a point this game. Any stat-crazy nuts know of when that has happened for Duke?

This team’s half court offense inside the arc is insanely efficient. It’s basically the exact opposite of “the way basketball is trending to the three point shot.” What some say is a weakness, may be what sets this team apart in March in a good way.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I was DYING for Buckmire to score. Would have had every player post a point this game. Any stat-crazy nuts know of when that has happened for Duke?

I didn't even notice him on the court. I thought everyone who played scored OFC

He scored at arount the 5:40 remaining mark.
Buckmire has no points in the box score.

Interesting that Tre Jones is leading the team in 3pt% (not counting JRob’s blistering 50%). Tre hasn’t shot that many, but still an interesting development. We have to shoot better as a team from deep... Cam needs to find his shot.

We did shoot very well from the FT line tonight.

Robinson can play. Hope he gets some burn next year. I think he could be a quality rotation player.

Is it me or does RJ’s 20+ points each game seem to come out of no where? It comes so smooth.
With the way that the first half went I was beginning to think that we were going to have our first game where we didn’t have at least one player score at least 20 points then out of nowhere RJ scores 27 points. With the way that he can score I’ll be surprised if he has more than 5-6 games the entire season where he doesn’t score at least 20 points. So far he’s scored at least 20 points in 10 out of 11 games this season and he, Cam and Zion have combined for 19 total 20 point games through the first 11 games this season.

Reactions: DukeDenver
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT