ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS PRINCETON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
As those of us that have been following Coach K and this program for decades know, we follow the same pattern in terms of how games are played - and have - since the invention of the wheel. Yet, the final exam/holiday wait party just about kills me every year following a month straight of great basketball.

Then we typically host our final "pre Christmas tuneup" in NYC somewhere (often MSG) and it's off to conference play. Well, I'm sure we're all glad the break is over and we can get back to the most important thing of the season. Basketball (*COUGH *COUGH) I mean baby Jesus's birth.

On to today! Facing our second-consecutive Ivy League team, Princeton will bring experience and discipline into Cameron tonight but I'm fairly confident about this one. Duke comes in favored by -29.5 points and for you gamblers out there, we've done pretty good over all against the spread (not that I pay any attention to that stuff :D).

The Tigers enter tonight's game against the Blue Devils at 5-4 overall and Duke comes in at 9-1. Tonight's game is slated for a 6pm est tip and will air on ESPN2 HD.

Duke 91

Princeton 59

GO DUKE!!!!!!

Zion tonight.

081462_130702043550.jpg

As those of us that have been following Coach K and this program for decades know, we follow the same pattern in terms of how games are played - and have - since the invention of the wheel. Yet, the final exam/holiday wait party just about kills me every year following a month straight of great basketball.

Then we typically host our final "pre Christmas tuneup" in NYC somewhere (often MSG) and it's off to conference play. Well, I'm sure we're all glad the break is over and we can get back to the most important thing of the season. Basketball (*COUGH *COUGH) I mean baby Jesus's birth.

On to today! Facing our second-consecutive Ivy League team, Princeton will bring experience and discipline into Cameron tonight but I'm fairly confident about this one. Duke comes in favored by -29.5 points and for you gamblers out there, we've done pretty good over all against the spread (not that I pay any attention to that stuff :D).

The Tigers enter tonight's game against the Blue Devils at 5-4 overall and Duke comes in at 9-1. Tonight's game is slated for a 6pm est tip and will air on ESPN2 HD.

GO DUKE!!!!!!

The score. You didn't predict the score. I don't know what to do. OFC

Last edited:
The guys will have a little rust, but I look for them to shake it off by the 2nd half. Would like to see some outside shots go down for us, and to make a decent percentage of fts. And most of all...no injuries.

Duke 93
Princeton 67

Go Duke!

OFC

I can understand that. As the saying goes, it's not the years, it's the mileage.
We may have to make you an honorary member.:D

OFC
Ain’t that the truth, I feel like I’ve got a million miles on my body, too bad I can’t trade it in for a new model lol

The guys will have a little rust, but I look for them to shake it off by the 2nd half. Would like to see some outside shots go down for us, and to make a decent percentage of fts. And most of all...no injuries.

Duke 93
Princeton 67

Go Duke!

OFC

^ This. Should be a good tune-up for MSG on Thurs., with everyone getting their focus back. Duke will put this one away early, and will not take anything for granted.
Go Duke!
OFC

Just like Maui, the quick turn around between games will help The Blue Devils to realize the level they will need to play at in order to be successful once The ACC Tournament and NCAA Tournament arrive in March and April.

92-65.
We could easily go over 100, we pull our starters extra early since we play 48 hours later in NYC.

Reactions: timo0402
A little over 2 hours until late tip off. What's on ESPN2 we play. I hope it's not the world chinese checker tourney goin on . Those things can last a while. OFC

Last edited:
Duke 106
Princeton 71

Your prediction? 91-68!!

We are close on Princeton, but i agree with Hokie. I think we go over the century mark

104-69

I like your thinking. And starters or no starters, we’re still getting 100. Princeton had exams too ya know.

Reactions: DukefanKY
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT