ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

This has been an ugly game from both sides but a great effort by both teams. The beginning of the games shooting just killed us.

Reactions: Dad2ze
If we could have just got a couple more rebounds...but I'm still proud of 'no quit' effort.

OFC

Definitely lost the game with stupid shots, terrible rebounding and a terrible early outing

Reactions: DukeDenver
Just had a guy text me and said UNC Final Four. If they can barely win by out rebounding us by 35, no way in hell they get far in Tourney
UNX is a good team. Duke has just been in their head for 3 years. I can see them making a trip to the final 4 with this year's talent in college hoops. I'm proud of this team, hell most people were counting them out of even making the tournament.

Go DUKE!

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
UNC out rebounded us 63-29. They shot 87% from the free throw line, we shot 60%. With those stats it's amazing we only lost by 4. We still had a chance to win. We never gave up. Seeing Marshall get the last two was as it should be. Next game. OFC

Blind squirrels find a nut? They out rebounded and worked duke over on the boards....they earned this one, rebounding is effort and hustle and they were quicker to the ball

I didn't mean it as they got lucky. I guess I should have choose my words better. What I meant in that context is its our first loss to them in the last 4 tries... I'll be the first to admit we were outplayed and deserved to lose..

^^^ thank you. Duke was short handed and still kept it close

This season ain't over, but I sure hope Grayson comes back next year.
I Love his heart. Gonna miss seeing a Plumlee on the floor in Cameron.

Reactions: DukeCE2006
Again, this is on K. Great coach, but not his best coaching job.

I agree.. I think Coach deserves a little blame here. In the first half when we went big we played great. Jeter got 0 time in the 2nd half. Rebounding killed us, we didn't have to be even just 10 more then getting beat by 35 on the boards and going big coulda helped

Reactions: Crank_it_loud
UNX is a good team. Duke has just been in their head for 3 years. I can see them making a trip to the final 4 with this year's talent in college hoops. I'm proud of this team, hell most people were counting them out of even making the tournament.

Go DUKE!
The reason Duke won the first game and was in the second is because UNC can't shoot from 3. 3 pt shooting is the great equalizer and the fact they can't shoot will be their downfall. I don't see them winning the title and missing the final 4 is a very real possibility if they catch a hot shooting team

But we lost by four! I mean so we take out Luke put in Jeter who hits shots? Yeah we got out rebounded but what if we made shots or Ingram never got in foul trouble I mean who knows?

Reactions: DukeDenver
The reason Duke won the first game and was in the second is because UNC can't shoot from 3. 3 pt shooting is the great equalizer and the fact they can't shoot will be their downfall. I don't see them winning the title and missing the final 4 is a very real possibility if they catch a hot shooting team
Missing the Final 4 is a good possibility for 62 teams vs a hot shooting team.

Who has proven their self outside of jones? Who? Jeter? Obi? Weren't people complaint about Jeter ? Come on

Do you read posts or just bits of them? Jones looks like he's hurt, and when Duke went with MP3 and Jeter, they did well. Instead, K went small with 4 1/2 men, and they were pulverized on the boards.

I'm proud of the guys on the floor; they played hard and it's obvious they are spent. Probably a quick ACC tourney and hopefully a Sweet 16.

It's crazy how uptight some get when K is questioned. He didn't adjust correctly in this one. Time to move on, yes, but it's still frustrating.

Missing the Final 4 is a good possibility for 62 teams vs a hot shooting team.
It is but UNC has been put up on a pedestal all year even when they continue to lose to ranked teams. They are a good team but if you can't shoot from outside you aren't winning anything.

++
So wait, you think he needs to be IN the game to have rebounding success?

No that's not my point my friend. The players did not block out. How many tip ins did UNC make. That's a blocking out problem. I counted one time during the second when UNC got 5 chances on the offensive end of the boards before Duke finally corralled the ball. I know we got at least two fouls called on us because of UNC getting a third chance on the offensive end. What is Coach K or any coach supposed to do. OFC

++

No that's not my point my friend. The players did not block out. How many tip ins did UNC make. That's a blocking out problem. I counted one time during the second when UNC got 5 chances on the offensive end of the boards before Duke finally corralled the ball. I know we got at least two fouls called on us because of UNC getting a third chance on the offensive end. What is Coach K or any coach supposed to do. OFC

Sorry buddy, blocking out is hard to do in zone, and they hadn't size to counter defensively, or on the offensive boards. It's on K, not the players.

Good luck tonight mods. Ban every single flamer and troll tonight permanently. OFC

Reactions: dbav
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT