ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NORTH CAROLINA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
Round two. This one may prove even more difficult then the first because ANY level of looking past us and false confidence because this isn't a "usual" Duke team.

Never the less, Duke/UNC gamedays are some of the best days of the year. Since it's the final game in Cameron of the year and since the crowd will be rockin', I think we find a way.

Game is slated for a 6:30pm est tip and will air on ESPN HD.

Duke 81

UNC 80

GO DUKE!

I can't wait for 6:30, I'm looking forward to Ol Roy's adjustments. I had a UNX friend yesterday say he wishes Roy would go back to Kansas. I said heck no, we want him on the sidelines as long as possible!

With Roy: Duke 75 UNX 74
Without Roy: UNX 82 Duke 76

Please tell me Roy is healthy for tonight

If Roy is not going to use his timeouts tonight, give them to Coach K!

Duke:72
No name:69

Let's go Duke!
GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!!

I can't wait for 6:30, I'm looking forward to Ol Roy's adjustments. I had a UNX friend yesterday say he wishes Roy would go back to Kansas. I said heck no, we want him on the sidelines as long as possible!

With Roy: Duke 75 UNX 74
Without Roy: UNX 82 Duke 76

Please tell me Roy is healthy for tonight
Same thing we used to say about Brad. Hell, if he leaves they might get a coach..

Way less confident this time around.. Hope we find a eat again..

Duke-88
UNC- 85

I want this one bad. If we could pull this one out, it will be fan base changing for unc. This is their last hope they know they are getting worked next season. Time to step on their necks.

Reactions: pisgah101
Keys to the game IMO.

Rebound on both ends, stay out of foul trouble, make free throws especially crunch time, get back on defense and stop UNC's transition, fill up the basket with 3's and Chase to contribute. Can we do all this. Of course we can. It's senior day and time to sweep the floor..

Duke 76
UNC 75.

My wife got me my first Duke jersey for my birthday!!!!!!! A blue Grayson Allen ( with his name on the back!) jersey. So pumped. I'll post it later!

Duke will find a way to win!'n

Someone, somewhere has clued Roy in to the idea of continuing to pound the ball inside to Bryce Johnson when it's working, but don't underestimate Coach K's ability to find a way to problem solve and stay a step ahead.

Our guards shoot well from beyond the three-point line, Chase gives us some quality minutes down low, and we win.

Duke 86
UNX 85

GTHC GTH!!!!!! Senior night and Marshall plays out of his mind!!

Duke - 85
UNC - 80

Any Amile holdouts left?? Anyway prob a bad sign if you are.. They put out a pic saying gameday and it ONLY shows Marshall which I'm assuming is for senior night

I'm not comfortable picking Duke, you know UNC wants this game really bad now, but then again they do have Roy. I'm nervous as heck, and woke up at 430 this morning thinking about tonight.

Reactions: DukeDenver
I'm not comfortable picking Duke, you know UNC wants this game really bad now, but then again they do have Roy. I'm nervous as heck, and woke up at 430 this morning thinking about tonight.
We have a great record in Cameron against more talented teams. We've got nothing to lose.

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
Keys to the game IMO.

Rebound on both ends, stay out of foul trouble, make free throws especially crunch time, get back on defense and stop UNC's transition, fill up the basket with 3's and Chase to contribute. Can we do all this. Of course we can. It's senior day and time to sweep the floor..

Duke 76
UNC 75.
I would also add slow the pace, attack the basket, and be efficient on offense (make them play defense)

My wife got me my first Duke jersey for my birthday!!!!!!! A blue Grayson Allen ( with his name on the back!) jersey. So pumped. I'll post it later!

Duke will find a way to win!'n

That's awesome and a tribute that she had enough foresight not to give you a black one. Duke Blue and White. OFC

Jay Will unveiled he is wearing a UNC jersey at gameday at Cameron....unreal. That is treason! I lost all respect for him... Drinking that ESPN haterade.

Reactions: CRAZIE4LIFE
j-will just made the easy choice, based on talent and depth. I'm pretty sure he hasn't been brainwashed!

Reactions: skysdad
Jay Will unveiled he is wearing a UNC jersey at gameday at Cameron....unreal. That is treason! I lost all respect for him... Drinking that ESPN haterade.

We have posters here that are predicting an UNC victory. They are not traitors. Neither are Jay Williams or Jay Bilas. They don't work for Duke. I predict Duke to win every time we play. some times I wrong. I dare to say if we all had to just come down to it and we had to pick most of us would pick UNC to win today's game. They should in spite of playing at Duke. They have experience, depth and want to win the ACC regular championship and be seeded #1. We have Coach K and his ability goes a long way and it wouldn't be a big surprise for Duke to win but logic tells that UNC will win. That's why commentators not only like Jay Williams but most of the others will go on logic. I propose a question to the board here. What if both Jay Williams and Jay Bilas predicted Duke like myself to win every game and when they broadcast Duke games all they did was praise Duke and Coach K to the extreme. All other fans would go nuts. THR is all over Jay Bilas when he says something positive about Duke or Coach K. as it is. Would you want Williams and Bilas to be like Len Emore and Hubert Davis when he was commentating with all that cackling? Yes I would have loved to see Jay Will show a Duke T-shirt but he did not. If I were Coach K I just may show the team the clip for motivation. Jay and Jay are Dukie's and there is no doubt in my mind that both will be pulling hard for their team Duke tonight. We should be proud that we have so many former players in the broadcasting ranks today. Mike Gminski and Jim Spanarkel are among the best. I've never heard Coach K complain about Jay and Jay. They just do their jobs. Sometimes they are critical about Duke's play but aren't we all? Off my pedestal. Go Duke. Go out and prove Jay Will wrong. OFC

Reactions: barkingpumpkin
Duke maybe isn't a great team, but they're, at the least, very good. They play hard, and they fight to the bitter end...and that is what impresses me the most about them.
Grayson Allen is a big part of that drive...just like he proved in the championship game last season. He's a great player and a warrior...and he's never lost to a Tar Heel team. Hopefully that continues today.

Carolina is supposed to be elite, and maybe they will be, but for such an elite team they still blow a lot of games they should win. And that has been the history of this particular team for several years. Down the stretch in games they seem to manage a way to lose. Choking has been their hallmark.
They may very well win this game, but I'll take the fighters (Duke) against the chokers (UNC) any day of the week.
Also, if I'm correct, I don't think Marcus Paige has ever won a game in Cameron. Here's to hoping that we keep that streak intact.

Duke 82
UNC 50

Go Duke!

j-will just made the easy choice, based on talent and depth. I'm pretty sure he hasn't been brainwashed!
I'm sure he burned the jersey once the cameras were off him and then showered a couple times.

I just want a win I don't care if it's just a one point win....Damn Thornton and Kennard HAVE to step up tonight like the first time we played these clowns....Jeter has to give "good" minutes and we need to attack all night long

Duke has looked a little ragged the last several outings. Either a home game against your big rival after a reasonable break is the tonic, or Duke hangs around for awhile before UNC pulls away late.

Well, I missed it the last time, but I'm going to say it again, Paige is still the key, especially tonight! Tarholes can taste this one(and it's bitter), they are favored and should be. At the start of the year I felt if Duke could split the series this year, it would be a great year, especially since the Tarholes could still win it all.
If you think the Holes are not going to bring it tonight, you are badly mistaken, I believe they will be at their best. If we lose, I hope we can keep it within 10 points, but I also should add that I believe we will bring it tonight! Marshall in his last game, everyone will be playing for him, everybody is finally on the same page, shooting the lights out, Chase on the boards and scoring, oh hell, I'll just say it, have the Fire Dept. on hand, it's going to get extremely hot in Cameron tonight!! The crazies are out in full force, and Duke finds a way!
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Just hoping not to have a heart attack. Want to see next year's team also.
OFC
PS: Denver: The whiskey is ready, Bulleit small batch rye. Awesome.

Just hope we are hitting from the whistle. The last couple of games we haven't gotten off very well. OFC

I'm probably late but Adam Rowe tweeted officially that Amile is missing rest of the season and duke will seek a redshirt.

Reactions: Dad2ze
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT