ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS NC STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Had to watch on delay

1) terrible start
2) much more aggressive in the second half, especially Moore and Stanley. They played like coach was calling their numbers
3) loved seeing K with the jacket off, barking commands, pointing to spots on the floor, celebrating Stanley’s sick dunk... very involved coaching, and it rubs off
4) we need a couple more plays for stall ball other than the clear out by Carey for Tre to drive
5) JRob for President

We're not losing tonight. We lost 3 games the whole season until we lost 3 games in a 10 day stretch...all games on the road too. Everyone goes through tough stretches. A bad 10 day stretch isn't going to define this team. We take care of business tonight and Saturday night then we're back on track. Winning is contagious, and so is confidence. A new winning streak starts tonight. Go Duke!!!

Duke 89
NC State 71

OFC

Hell Yeah! I love our guys! This was a huge shot in the arm for our team's confidence, and a much needed win. Cheats coming up...GTHC, GTH!!!

OFC

Great job. Major gut check. When they broke it open when they went zone and were limiting them to one shot and attacking by getting ahead of their defense. JRob rocks!!

Last edited:
Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Reactions by some cause we didnt win by 30
tenor.gif

Good adjustment to go to zone in this game because clearly we couldn’t stop the pick and roll. I hope we don’t try to play it exclusively. But if Tre is going to play 40 minutes a night we need to throw zone in there for about 10 minutes a game so he can kind of rest. We played well tonight. We can be better. The media needs to ask Coach K why Justin didn’t play against Virginia

J-Rob needs to get every one of Javin’s minutes from this point on.. nothing against Javin, but Justin can do everything Javin does, better.. and makes the whole team better.

Reactions: 500HP_Devil
I swear, I hope it's not one negative post about anything after the game. You that like to be negative, find something better to do right now. You few guys have had 2 complete game threads, back to back to let the rest of us know how the season is basically done. So politely excuse yourself and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves again.

Second half may be the best half of basketball we've played all year. How 'bout that J Rob. You can tell he's worked hard on his overall game. Deserves more p.t. until he proves he's a liabilty which he has not been all year. You gotta go with who's playing best whether he's a five star or a walk on. Next up are the cheating heels. We can't take it for granted. You can bet your bottom dollar. Bottom one hundred dollars if you have Shows kind of money that the cheaters are gonna be pumped. Just need to whip their rear ends by a bunch to take the wind out of their cocky tails and send them on that short trip back to cheater heel. Bust that cheating momentum they think they got going. Stanley was AWESOME! OFC

I swear, I hope it's not one negative game thread post about anything. You that like to be negative, find something better to do right now. You few guys have had 2 complete game threads, back to back to let the rest of us know how the season is basically done. So politely excuse yourself and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves again.

I wish, Soldier, but it's just hard for some to crawl out of that negativity cellar.

OFC

It was also finally good to see Duke implement a plan B on defense, which was the zone.

Yep - good adjustment and first time this year maybe? The freshman may be be more comfortable in that defense since its the most common one played in HS and youth basketball

It’s official Cassius is from another planet. Good grief!

And JRob was awesome! Hope he continues to get more opportunities - seems like a very heady player that doesn’t make many mistakes and is always around the ball.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I swear, I hope it's not one negative post about anything after the game. You that like to be negative, find something better to do right now. You few guys have had 2 complete game threads, back to back to let the rest of us know how the season is basically done. So politely excuse yourself and let the rest of us enjoy ourselves again.
I’m with you on this. I think that if anyone posts anything excessively or overly negative then they should receive a temporary ban until just before the game starts on Saturday. lol

Yes, sir! I have no idea how we had such a crazy dip in confidence, but team seemed to get things back to normal, a bit, in the second half. Let’s get it all going, and anything can happen!

It kinda snowballed on us, Jnood. State took us to the woodshed in that 1st game, and then I feel we were still shell shocked against WF. We lost to UVA, but that was always going to be a very tough game, so I felt like we at least were trending a little better after that game. And you're right, anything can happen!

OFC

I loved the energy they showed even with the slow start. They just seemed different to me in that phase of the game.

K made some adjustments. No offense, but about time. Good to see the zone, some fire, and the ol man get rid of the coat. The zone stabilized us, threw them off just enough for us to punch the sh** out of them.
Now we need to build off this. I’m ready to beat the dog sh** out of the holes.
Beat them into submission.

Great game from pretty everyone who played. We just need to play every game with same aggressive mindset on offense, while constantly moving the ball and switch between pressure and zone on D and we should be good. So freaking glad we got this one. It was do or die time and our guys decided that it wasn’t their time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT