ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE - ELITE EIGHT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Very good season. Lost to a very good team. Barely. They made a big three and we turned it over a few too many times. That's how it goes. C'est la vie.

Think it was more too it. Goldwire could of gave Tre a break off Winston for one, unexplainable why he got absolutely no minutes. Things like that is why I said the most talent and unexplainable.
Yeah he could've, and we should've given the bench more time all year to help in these situations. However, Zion and RJ gift wrapped the ball to Mich St constantly. If they had just taken better care of the ball, we would've have more shots and they would've had way less. In a 1 point game those TO's were 99% of the reason we lost.

Reactions: dukesince91
How you have Zion Williamson on the team and don't pound the ball inside or run a play for him inside is absolutely beyond me. Instead we shoot a three when the game is on the line when we've struggled from there all year long.
Yep and how many times this year has people posted here that threes and free throws would be what beat us in the end. Well a lot of people were right. Along with inexperience and gassed at the end. Coach doesn’t use the bench for shit anymore he lives and died with 5 in the 2nd half

I would have loved to have seen this team play it’s best basketball. Injuries played a factor too but I don’t think we ever reached the ceiling of what we couldn’t have been

You just kept waiting, and it just never quiet happened. I was hoping this was it. Unfortunately, it wasn’t even close.

Reactions: Duke1783
It seemed like RJ just struggled a little adjusting to being in Zion’s shadow. He forced the ball too much at times. RJ came in so herelded and is a great player but Zion Is a once in a lifetime type player or close to it. RJ is still great. Zion just should have touched it almost every time down. I don’t know. This just sucks.

RJ and his “ego” was not the problem. Constant injuries, lack of shooting, and turnovers finally caught up to this team. This team was nowhere as cohesive as they were to stay the season and how could they be. This was the first game they all played together since December. Meh.

Heart breaking to not see this particular team play basketball anymore. They were so good.

I enjoyed the ride.I thank all of these kids for choosing Duke and playing their asses off. They laid it on the line day in and day our and represented our University with class. It was a dream come true to see Zion at Duke and I am grateful.

Yep we were lucky to have witnessed Zion first hand. Such an incredible kid and talent. I’ll be an immediate fan of whatever nba team he joins.

Reactions: skysdad
will miss Zion and rue the missed opportunity with this team. It never developed an identity on defense or offense - a symptom of the OAD era. Looks like we rinse and repeat next year again with the incoming class and the role players we have left. With a once in a lifetime talent like Zion, its amazing that we didnt play through him more in the post.

Reactions: skysdad
We just need to keep ourselves in a position to win. We n
Cam Reddish was a waste, he is what Carmelo Anthony was the last 4 years of his NBA career. Perimeter player, never took anyone off the dribble to the basket.

I will be glad when the one and done is over.
Man why are you bashing individual players. No sense in naming the players. I think its ok to blame the TEAM as a whole but not individuals.

Reactions: BlueDevils725
Man why are you bashing individual players. No sense in naming the players. I think its ok to blame the TEAM as a whole but not individuals.

What did Cam Reddish do that was so spectacular? He shouldnt be going to the NBA but he won't get any better at Duke, either.

It was great posting on this board this year. I hope you guys have a great off season. Even though I'm a little sad they lost, life does go on, and if not for this board, I would never have met some stand up guys here in person. So for me, there always things going on much worse than my favorite team losing a basketball game. That's why it's called March Madness. It truly lives up to the name. You guys be blessed until CTC 2019. We were blessed no matter if it ended before we all wished.

Zion was fun to watch..I will miss him

Next years team won’t be very good and they all know it..

We had an anomaly in 2015 with one and done talent..overall it’s been a pretty huge disappointment if you take the whole...we did have chances the last two years but didn’t get it done..

Reactions: springsportster
It was great posting on this board this year. I hope you guys have a great off season. Even though I'm a little sad they lost, life does go on, and if not for this board, I would never have met some stand up guys here in person. So for me, there always things going on much worse than my favorite team losing a basketball game. That's why it's called March Madness. It truly lives up to the name. You guys be blessed until CTC 2019. We were blessed no matter if it ended before we all wished.

Take care, soldier. Hope to meet you at this year’s CTC.

Grateful to see Zion wear a Duke uniform. What an amazing player. He carried us to the Elite Eight. Wanted him with the ball in his hands the last couple possessions. We might still be playing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT