ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE - ELITE EIGHT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I think this was our last shot for a long time at getting a national championship assuming all the 4 freshman leave. Next years class is no where close to the last few years and K does not have more then a few more years left coaching. Beyond disappointed.

Agreed.

And, to double down, K is not developing the 3-4 year guys.

Look at MSU, Virginia, Va Tech, and a myriad of other schools. They develop players - many of whom are lower rated players than Duke's 3rd year guys.

Reactions: DukeCE2006
RJ started out the season way stronger mentally, then he finished it. I didn’t feel good about those freethrows.

Reactions: youngman42
This team was winning on talent and they were so good. Would have been scary if we ever learned how to run a half court offense that wasn’t straight ISO.

Reactions: youngman42
It is very explainable though, we handed them the ball a ridiculous amount. They didn't return the favor.
Think it was more too it. Goldwire could of gave Tre a break off Winston for one, unexplainable why he got absolutely no minutes. Things like that is why I said the most talent and unexplainable.

Reactions: dukesince91
How you have Zion Williamson on the team and don't pound the ball inside or run a play for him inside is absolutely beyond me. Instead we shoot a three when the game is on the line when we've struggled from there all year long.

I'm proud of our kids. I'm proud of these Blue Devils.
It was a great season! made some great memories of this season and some games that will be in my top 5 most memorable Duke games. I know there are a lot more important things in life other than basketball, but watching another final four slip right through our fingertips... I would be lying if I said I’m not broken. This is hurting!

Reactions: dbav
Funny how its Coachs fault and he cant coach anymore, I dont see any other coach doing anything with one and talent any better, we were a poor free and three team and no upper class help

Reactions: sheyduke
How you have Zion Williamson on the team and don't pound the ball inside or run a play for him inside is absolutely beyond me. Instead we shoot a three when the game is on the line when we've struggled from there all year long.
They’d have turned it over like the last 10 times they tried to throw it inside

Reactions: K Coach
Cam Reddish was a waste, he is what Carmelo Anthony was the last 4 years of his NBA career. Perimeter player, never took anyone off the dribble to the basket.

I will be glad when the one and done is over.

I enjoyed the ride.I thank all of these kids for choosing Duke and playing their asses off. They laid it on the line day in and day our and represented our University with class. It was a dream come true to see Zion at Duke and I am grateful.

I don’t know what’s worse. Getting blown out or losing a close one knowing ya had it won. Guess it doesn’t matter though. Losing is losing. In the next 5 months, I’ll be getting married, suffering through boring baseball, and counting the days till Football season

Same ole elite eight choke job, hopefully rj learns how to shoot fts at the next level. All this talent and couldn’t make the final 4

Guys I feel we have it away.. up three ... State misses three Duke players unable to grab board... Gane would have been over.

It was a great season! made some great memories of this season and some games that will be in my top 5 most memorable Duke games. I know there are a lot more important things in life other than basketball, but watching another final four slip right through our fingertips... I would be lying if I said I’m not broken. This is hurting!

I'm disappointed too, but, I'm much prouder. :)

Reactions: FearTheBeard
Just wished Zion had made the last few drives. These kids were one minute away from making the final four but it didn’t work out...still proud! These youngSTARS could’ve been run out of the arena but they weren’t! I have some amazing memories from this season...just have to wait a little longer on 6..

Reactions: dukesince91
The biggest issue, in my opinion, as has been the entire season, is a consistent 3rd scoring option. Zion had 24, RJ had 21. Surprisingly, DeLaurier had 10 points and 11 boards. He played an excellent game. Too much pressure was put on Zion and RJ though.

The tired theme is Tre and Cam. Both were good defensively all season, but those 2 were a combined 4-13. Not what we need offensively out of 2 one and dones.

This team gave it all they had every game. That’s more disappointing to me than anything. Unlike the previous 2 seasons, this team was fun to watch, mostly due to Zion.

In my opinion, he still goes down as the best to ever wear a Duke uniform.

RJ started out the season way stronger mentally, then he finished it. I didn’t feel good about those freethrows.
I would have loved to have seen this team play it’s best basketball. Injuries played a factor too but I don’t think we ever reached the ceiling of what we couldn’t have been

Reactions: Jnood
It seemed like RJ just struggled a little adjusting to being in Zion’s shadow. He forced the ball too much at times. RJ came in so herelded and is a great player but Zion Is a once in a lifetime type player or close to it. RJ is still great. Zion just should have touched it almost every time down. I don’t know. This just sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT