ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS MICHIGAN STATE - ELITE EIGHT OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

The one and done to me has turned into an easy way out for coaching as K has gotten older. This team had major flaws all year masked by a freakish athlete. Poor rebounding, low BB IQ type of plays and decisions and they could never put a team away when they had the chance. They lack the seniors needed to guide the team through a game like this.

Reactions: Alaskan_Assassin_21
Have RJ shoot the three instead of giving it to Zion inside. Can't count how many times I've complained about that decision this year. Ah well.

Duke got away with it a few times, but their play in the final two or so minutes of games has not been good this tournament.

Reactions: springsportster
Happy a group of juniors and seniors are moving on. Feel bad for our guys though. Good season but ready for the one and done era to end.

Agree completely. Just let em go to the league and build a solid team with some chemistry and continuity.

That was a dog fight. Proud of duke. Tre you need to come back!

Not sure why up 3 Duke was dancing around the perimeter. Zion needed to be backing them down from the high post and then making a decision with the ball. One and done doesn’t win championships. The college game is not all about talent. Anyone saying k failed should stop acting like an emotional child

I’ve really enjoyed watching Zion and RJ. I’m gonna miss these guys

Yeah our half court offense has been the problem all year...it’s beyond terrible..it’s all isolation and one on one..we don’t move the ball anything like UNC or UVA..that’s the most disappointing thing to me..we don’t run anything...

Reactions: Mpm277
I knew as soon as Barrett was fouled we lost. His free throw shooting is absolutely terrible. Oh well, sucks to see this team go out, there will NEVER be another Zion. Was a good season boys, MSU is a solid team and we fought like hell.

I think this was our last shot for a long time at getting a national championship assuming all the 4 freshman leave. Next years class is no where close to the last few years and K does not have more then a few more years left coaching. Beyond disappointed.

There's no way to sugar coat this.

K did not coach this team well. He basically through the ball on the floor and said, "you guys are great and your talent will win." Doesn't happen like that in college.

17 turnovers. MSU had 7.

They never learned to shoot FTs. Every single game they took a large number of ill-advised shots, esp. from 3. You have an entire year to teach them how to play within an offense and become smart. Gotta do better than that.

RJ is a fantastic player, but when he was fouled pretty much new game was over. I told my kids Id foul him right away if I was Izzo. Oh well, next year!

It’s call probability. The more you play a team and beat them it gives them more of chance to beat you when they play again. Duke has owned Michigan St. for over 12 years. I cringed when the brackets came out and saw them in our region. It was bound to happen. I hate it for the team.

Reactions: dukesince91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT