ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUSIVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Chris, thanks for leaving for the gym. The team needed that.

Maybe it will help us that the team took Louisville's best shot and came on strong at the end.

AJ is one great shooter and is the only one who cuts to the basket when someone is stuck under the basket without their dribble. I just wish AJ would finish better close to the basket and rebound better. Seems that he doesn't know he's built like a brick s---house.

Foul shots...oh man! Way to shoot yourself in the foot.

Reactions: christophero
AJ has become a very good 3 point shooter, which good because our other guards are not. Its weird, because AJ is who I thought Keels would be and vice versa.

Reactions: duke4life831
Louisville is talented. They were 5-1, and playing well when Chris Mack was suspended for the first six games. They quit on Mack. A very nice win for Duke. Excellent offensive rebounding

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
AJ has become a very good 3 point shooter, which good because our other guards are not. Its weird, because AJ is who I thought Keels would be and vice versa.
Yup and this is why him in the starting lineup is so important. He gives us a legit sharpshooting threat and that opens a lot for this offense. It gives space to Paolo to do his work and Roach to drive and kick.

Reactions: christophero
I sort of watched the game before but i was distracted by work stuff. I'll watch now and give some thoughts.
1. This was a great win for us. Louisville was fired up and looking to make a statement.
2. AJ has a really nice stroke. If he can do that consistently our ceiling goes way up.
3. Great put back dunk by Theo John. John with another basket. He came to play today. Nice assist to AJ. John with another dunk.
4. Roach with a great first half. he could be great by next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
We out rebounded them 47-34! Abii Okkkt time we dominated where we’re supposed to dominate! Lol. I didn’t get to see but bits and pieces of the game but was that a scheme or effort result? Or both?

The last 8 minutes was effort on both ends of the court. One of the best games Duke has played all season.

Reactions: Liftee
I attended the game yesterday. My thoughts.

1) Duke was in control of the game until Big Mark had to sit the rest of the 1st half due to foul trouble, this is when Louisville made a run to make it a game. I wish Duke would keep their peddle on the throttle when they have teams down.

2) The buzzer beater to end the 1st half was HUGE by Griffin.

3) Williams picking up the quick 3rd foul to start the 2nd half was not good.

4) Banchero disappeared offensively for the first 12 minutes of the 2nd half, and finally decided to want the ball the last 8 minutes of the game. Banchero needs to be more aggressive wanting the ball and dominating from the get go like what we saw in the Kentucky and Gonzaga games.

5) Griffin was the aggressor on offense for Duke. As many have pointed out, he is Duke’s Swiss Army knife because he moves so well without the ball and does not need the ball in his hands to be effective.

6) Louisville’s players and coaches were fired up for the whole game and they came to play. Duke got punched in the mouth and were tied 60-60 with Louisville, but Duke fought in the end and found a way to get the win in a hostile environment! Some Louisville fans told me after the game, it’s the best game Louisville had played all season.

7) Duke’s Achilles heels that will get them bounced in the tournament if not corrected: 1) bad free throw shooting, careless turnovers (the blue devils took care of the rock yesterday), allowing the opponent to dominate them on the offensive glass (Florida State), and poor defense (this has improved from the start of the conference season, but still needs some work).

8) There was a great Duke presence from fans yesterday in Louisville and a lot of good sportsmanship from the Louisville fans after the game.

I will be attending the game in South Bend tomorrow night in what should be a great road test for The Blue Devils. Notre Dame is undefeated at home so far in the season.

Solid post,glad you were able to attend! Notre Dame is a "trap game" for Duke, before the showdown at the Hell House. It's a HUGE GAME for the Irish because it's Duke, and former Duke asst and ND coach Mike Brey takes special pride in beating K. He's done well against us.

Duke needs to go in playing like the end of the Cards game. If we get a decent lead we need to step hard on their throat and not let up. Brey's philosophy will no doubt be to really soften K up with a touching farewell before the game, and then engage us in a dogfight from the opening tip!!

OFC

The thing about Paolo not being aggressive offensively is because teams are double teaming him and I thought Louisville did an excellent job at controlling is ability to drive . He impacts so more then just scoring . If he continues to find the open man teams will double on him less.

@2 skerz 3

Roach with another strong game running the team, you’re feeling worse by the game. And we know, you’ll say “I’m stalking” or make a sad attempt about emojis. Regardless, the fact remains, Roach is very capable of running this team.

Banchero was very aggressive in the second half. Nice to see him going after rebounds like that. We play 2 very good teams this week. Notre Dame has won 10 of 11 (or something like that) and UNC is a dangerous team, if inconsistent. ND is experienced and methodical. Win these 2 games and a one seed is within our grasp. We may need to win the ACC tournament to get a one seed. If we lose both we drop to a 3 seed. My guess is we get a split. Does Keels come back? He's already been out longer than expected. I'd like him to have a game under his belt before Saturday. If we had to lose one I'd rather lose to ND. I really want a win Saturday after last year. Roach and Williams have become consistent players the last 4 or 5 games, and that has made our team more consistent. Moore looks a bit better, he was sweating a lot yest. so he still may be getting his legs back. Our final piece of the puzzle is to get Keels healthy and consistent scoring from AJ.

Last edited:
Banchero was very aggressive in the second half. Nice to see him going after rebounds like that. We play 2 very good teams this week. Notre Dame has won 10 of 11 (or something like that) and UNC is a dangerous team, if inconsistent. ND is experienced and methodical. Win these 2 games and a one seed is within our grasp. We may need to win the ACC tournament to get a one seed. If we lose both we drop to a 3 seed. My guess is we get a split. Does Keels come back? He's already been out longer than expected. I'd like him to have a game under his belt before Saturday. If we had to lose one I'd rather lose to ND. I really want a win Saturday after last year. Roach and Willimas have become consistent players the last 4 or 5 games, and that has made our team more consistent. Moore looks a bit better, he was sweating a lot yest. so he still may be getting his legs back. Our final piece of the puzzle is to get Keels healthy and consistent scoring from AJ.
Duke will have to win out and win the tourney to get a one seed. It’s going to be hard to boost their resume . At lowest a three at the highest a two.
A lot will depend on Dukes bench because teams will start game planning for Griffin.
who comes off the bench after Keels returns ( him , Griffin or Roach?). I think it’s Keels .
Against ND and UNC Duke will have to be strong with the ball and rebound . Against UNC , Duke has Williams and Theo, that will help with Bacot but it’s their guards that worry me .
either way Duke needs to take both these games.

Not really much difference between a 2 and 3 seed. If you drop to a 4 then you could get a one seed in the sweet 16. A 2 seed sounds about right, assuming we take care of business this week. I have no doubt we get "good" Carolina on Saturday. Monday seems like a classic trap game; hope we are ready.

Not really much difference between a 2 and 3 seed. If you drop to a 4 then you could get a one seed in the sweet 16. A 2 seed sounds about right, assuming we take care of business this week. I have no doubt we get "good" Carolina on Saturday. Monday seems like a classic trap game; hope we are ready.
If last eight minutes of the Louisville game team shows up I’m not worried if the Clemson Duke team shows up I’m worried.

I don't think we need to win out to get a 1 seed. If we win out, we would be 31-3 going into the tournament. That's a ridiculously good record, even if the conference is down a bit. A regular season loss or two and an ACC tournament championship would put us 29-5 or 30-4. I think that would get it done. These other teams will have some losses themselves. Still really early to predict. We just need to win one at time.

I don't think we need to win out to get a 1 seed. If we win out, we would be 31-3 going into the tournament. That's a ridiculously good record, even if the conference is down a bit. A regular season loss or two and an ACC tournament championship would put us 29-5 or 30-4. I think that would get it done. These other teams will have some losses themselves. Still really early to predict. We just need to win one at time.
Yes but it’s the quality of the wins . And who Dukes loses to would come from. I think it’s safe to say Duke, Miami , Florida st are in the tourney . I don’t see Duke getting a one as I still think they take one or two more losses in conference .

Reactions: Fourteen44
@2 skerz 3

Roach with another strong game running the team, you’re feeling worse by the game. And we know, you’ll say “I’m stalking” or make a sad attempt about emojis. Regardless, the fact remains, Roach is very capable of running this team.
Emoji boy trolling and stalking per usual. You trying to make me out as a Roach hater is hilarious. Dumb is dumb and you’re dumb lol. Ignore list ya go emoji boy.

Agreed Not much difference in who we play if a 1 or 2 seed We need to avoid dropping to a 3 as the 14 seed usually way better than 15 or 16 and second round tougher as well most likely

Reactions: hart2chesson
Emoji boy trolling and stalking per usual. You trying to make me out as a Roach hater is hilarious. Dumb is dumb and you’re dumb lol. Ignore list ya go emoji boy.
You just did exactly what I said you’d do. Priceless. 🤫

I'm turning into a big Louisville fan for their next game vs. the Cheaters. The question is, will Louisville go back to mailing it in, or will they play with more confidence knowing they can go toe to toe with anyone?

Reactions: AlanInNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT