ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS LOUISVILLE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I'm with you on this. We were down 15+ after 10 minutes. Tied it up a couple times and lost by 6. We actually outplayed them most of the game, but that first 10 minutes killed us.
Exactly. We didn’t play that bad the last 30 minutes. We screwed our selves the first 10 minutes.

Reactions: dbav
I'm with you on this. We were down 15+ after 10 minutes. Tied it up a couple times and lost by 6. We actually outplayed them most of the game, but that first 10 minutes killed us.

We just never could get the one more stop. Did we ever have a possession to take the lead when tied in that second half? I don’t recall one. We exerted a lot of energy staying in the game. Proud of the fight....very disappointed with the outcome.

Just checking the box score didnt realize Carey only had 6 shots! wow....i know he had foul trouble but that certainly isnt how we have been successful up to this point. Just a weird and abnormal game to the way we have played the rest of the season.

Now time for some UFC prelims...because I refuse to give money to ESPN for PPV.
Have you ever heard of Sportztv? It is IPTV and costs 9.99 per month and you get every channel you can possibly think of including the Pay Per Views for free. I also use a VPN which makes it safe to use. It is awesome!

I’ve been saying this for a while and it’s not meant to hate on Tre but i just don’t see how he’s NBA ready. He’s not crazy athletic and he’s not a very good shooter. Feel like those are the main thing the NBA looks for. Again not hating on him but that’s my opinion.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke83
Just checking the box score didnt realize Carey only had 6 shots! wow....i know he had foul trouble but that certainly isnt how we have been successful up to this point. Just a weird and abnormal game to the way we have played the rest of the season.

He had five turnovers in the first half and two shots. It’s not that we weren’t getting him the ball.

But I certainly agree with you....he needs more than six shots in a game, but I think a quick glance at the box score doesn’t tell the whole story.

I totally agree. When you been through adversity in life and dealt with it and overcame, a GAME is too easy. As I always tell friends, it builds character lol.

I’ll never understand the people who think just because I don’t kick and scream on the floor after a loss that I somehow am not a realist. I’m very disappointed we played the way we did, too.

We lost... I’m frustrated with the past 2 games just like everyone else... there are flaws with this team, name me a team that doesn’t. There are about 15-20 teams that can win it and guess what we are still one of them. Every Team has ebbs and flows during the season.. it’s a 30+ game schedule over a 4 month span.. you don’t think games and weeks like this will happen. Take a deep breath, we play at home against Miami Tuesday and then a week off... let’s see how this team adjusts to this week... watch film, learn from it and move forward

I’ve been saying this for a while and it’s not meant to hate on Tre but i just don’t see how he’s NBA ready. He’s not crazy athletic and he’s not a very good shooter. Feel like those are the main thing the NBA looks for. Again not hating on him but that’s my opinion.

I got killed for saying the same, love him and his brother but I’m not sure he’d even get drafted right now. He was abused tonight

Hookup for the McGregor fight? I have $ on it but I’m not going to spend potential winnings to see it happen.
I have always used: firstrowsports.eu
You find the event, it will have several links. I always go with the second one.
You click on it and then it tries to open in a different ad browser. Keep closing it as fast as it pops up.
Then you will start seeing and hearing the event with a few ads blocking it. Just look for the very small red x. Click on them to remove the ads and there you have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: FearTheBeard
I think we all need to remember that all college players are 18 to 22 or 23 years old. Imagine on having to depend on your 20 year old child to always say and do the right thing to make you proud. It just doesn't happen does it? Its just a game kids play anyway.

I got killed for saying the same, love him and his brother but I’m not sure he’d even get drafted right now. He was abused tonight
I’ve said it before and i got killed for it. I just don’t see how he’s ready for the nba.

This team has shown that they can play with anyone in the country. They’ve also shown that they can play really poorly as well. Tend to go as Tre goes.

Reactions: denverexpat
I’ll never understand the people who think just because I don’t kick and scream on the floor after a loss that I somehow am not a realist. I’m very disappointed we played the way we did, too.
dukiejay, I'm the same exact way. It's a breath of fresh air to read through the threads and see there still are some with a positive outlook on what happened. Different strokes for different folks. I have to much to be grateful for to let a game upset me to a point to where I'm complaining on here. A win makes me lose my mind and run around like a kid. A loss makes me feel good about having more wins than those losses.

Have you ever heard of Sportztv? It is IPTV and costs 9.99 per month and you get every channel you can possibly think of including the Pay Per Views for free. I also use a VPN which makes it safe to use. It is awesome!

There is so much in this post that doesn't make a bit of sense to me. I am getting old.

Reactions: dukiejay
This team has shown that they can play with anyone in the country. They’ve also shown that they can play really poorly as well. Tend to go as Tre goes.

True, on off nights like this it would be good to see a change into a pass first team enabling PG vs keep forcing it to score. I'm sure we will see a different team against Miami

I have a similar service. Me and my brother split $25 a month and get every channel and every PPV. It’s how I get to watch the ACC Network games too.

tp I think you are 100 percent correct. All of Dukes really good players should play at least 2 or 3 more years. Also all other teams stars should go pro after this season, man we would kill it every game:)

Well the negative Nancy's sure have come out, I'm pissed about losing but geez, I think some people dont have a life outside of Duke basketball, they got down and bummed and start trashing the whole team like there is no tomorrow.
Maybe they need a Duke fan recharge. Some are about as inconsistent with their post as they claim the team is. Funny to read the different takes from some of the same posters based on a win or loss.

Players can go from being the man, too he is awful real quick. Its all good though.

Any thoughts on why we didn’t full court press more in the latter parts of the game? It was super disruptive early in the first half then we got away from it. I thought it was very effective.

Any thoughts on why we didn’t full court press more in the latter parts of the game? It was super disruptive early in the first half then we got away from it. I thought it was very effective.

My initial guess is that the press is best with certain lineups....and perhaps K felt his best chance to win was with those guys on the floor. I’ve been asking myself the same question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT