ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS IONA NCAA TOURNEY 1ST ROUND GAMEDAY THREAD***

I'd love to see a stretch where Duval just goes wide open to the hoop every possession and see how it turns out. Seems like he can just make things happen. But then again he may turn it over every time lol

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
4 Turnovers through the half. My magic number is 12...stay under 12 and we win this game and 5 more...GO DUKE

Reactions: dbav
I'd love to see a stretch where Duval just goes wide open to the hoop every possession and see how it turns out. Seems like he can just make things happen. But then again he may turn it over every time lol

He's killing it today because Iona doesn't have a rim protector in the paint.

OFC

Reactions: LetsGoDukies
Great first half, if we continue to play like this then it’s going to be really fun to watch the next couple weeks

Had some lapses but still a good half. Duval with a nice half. I think he’s the key to if we can win it all or not.

Great offense the 1st half. Duval's having a great game. Scoring is balanced and that's good. Don't think Coach K is happy about the 1st half D. Iona must have watched some unc/Duke tape and are getting down the floor on transition offense, making that foul line jumper and taking 3's when they are open. I feel we come out the second half and shut that mess down. One wish . Please no matter what the scor is don't start the stall ball until about 3 or 4 minutes and try to score or get a good shot off. I'm happy though. OFC

Lanes in that first half seemed open. Loved seeing Duval take it to the tin. The threes are just icing. We are unstoppable when he's in attack mode and has room to operate. He's locked in and playing within himself, setting up shooters. So glad to see him come out this way after the beating he took by some on this board.

Foot on the gas out of the locker room and let's take this to 25 by midway thru the second. Pound em inside!

6VnbLhq.png

97byoR8.png

Iona's defense is ranked 218th in the country. I'm starting to see why... There should be quality, high-percentage shots on absolutely every possession.

I would have bet the farm Iona was shooting more than 55.2% and 44.4 from three. Seems that way anyway.

It also looks like we moved to a 3-2 rather than a 2-3 to get out on the shooters quicker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT