ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS IONA NCAA TOURNEY 1ST ROUND GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
We wait all year for the big dance-and it’s finally here. Last year I wasn’t very confident about what I thought that team could achieve. This year on the other hand, I truly believe we are the most talented team in the country.

That said, we all know that we have the ability to play that way and we’ve also shown an ability to fall apart. Hopefully today is the elite to Duke.

Today’s game is slated for a 2:45 PM est Tip and will air on CBS. We are favored by 20.5 points which is hefty in the NCAA tournament. I think we win by double digits, but don’t cover.

Duke 81

Iona 64

GO DUKE!!!!!!

It's finally here,what we've been waiting all season for..........6 solid games and we win,it's as simple as that.......today should allow our guys to get in a comfort zone that we can sustain for the next 2 weeks 96-73 DUKE.....

Time to March toward 6 fellas! It’s win or go home! Duke wins comfortably today!

Duke: 94
Iona: 69

Let’s go Duke!!
si6hts

The push for #6 begins. Hoping to see the boys get up big, stay up big and let the backups get plenty of burn.

Duke 94
Iona 68

Go Duke!!!

I wasn't confident last year at the end of the regular season, but the ACCT made me think, well, maybe.....

Last season's team had one really bad fault....they couldn't defend. But they were hard to stop offensively. This team could be hard to stop if they didn't help the other team out with so many turnovers.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Does anyone know if the March Madness app let's you watch replays of games?

Lets make a statement!

I agree. I think how we play the 1st game is going to set the tone for the entire time we are in the tournament. If we only win the 1st game by a few points we may have a very tough time the rest of the way. Iona should be out of this game mid-way through the 1st half. OFC

I don't know about you folks, but I am going to just enjoy this one, with the kids we have for the last go around. We are guaranteed this game only, so really get a good look at and enjoy your team. We are 0-0 with 6 to go. There should be no problem advancing, and advancing big, but crazy things have happened before. Duke will not be denied a 2nd game, and will roll in this one once they get the nerves under control.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
I'll take a 5 point win as long as no one gets hurt. Let's see some nice passing today! Go Duke!

Pound the ball inside. Looking at the Iona roster, they have 1 at 6'10 and 2 at 6'9. Bags, Carter and Bolden should feast today.

Well it's getting close to game time. Let's start off this game like we are champions. See you guys at halftime. OFC

Duke by 1 after hitting two free throws with 1 second left on the clock.

Jump out quick so Duvall and Carter don't have to play hard. We win by double didgits! GO DUKE!!!
OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT