ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Bolden was pretty good and hopefully continues that trend. AOC is a shooter just needs to get better on defense.

I wonder if they are now a zone team here on out or was it just this game? It seems the guards stand around too much and don’t attempt to rebound very often when in the zone.

Glad they won !

Reactions: skysdad
Hey guys, we didn't solve all our problems tonight, but we did win, and that's a start. It's not gymnastics, degree of difficulty doesn't add points. I would love to have stomped this team by 40 points, but if we did...guess what...everyone would be questioning whether we should start Bags again. This one is over, NEXT.

OFC

They may underachieve, but you sound like a little b*tch so all good.
You're the one going to extremes over a difference of opinion and calling people names over a blog. Maybe you should learn to communicate a little a better. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be calling anybody that to their face so keep acting like a tough guy over the internet instead of having an adult conversation.

Very proud of Grayson. Hes still struggling with his shot from field some, but 10-10 at ft line.23 points on a nite we really needed him to step up minus Bagley! I personally like AOC starting and Grayson at point, because it gets Grayson's game going early! Duval becomes even more of a bear for defenses to adjust to by coming off bench. Also pretty good week for Bolden, and I salute the young man! OFC

Last edited:
Could you elaborate more on this please
The NBA sucks, because everyone wants to team up and make it easy. College sucks, because everyone thinks they don't have to work, it's a brief stop before you go to the NBA. No one wants to feel uncomfortable, despite there being tremendous value in it. It is disappointing, because the pressure no longer produces diamonds, it produces people searching for an easier route.

You're the one going to extremes over a difference of opinion and calling people names over a blog. Maybe you should learn to communicate a little a better. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be calling anybody that to their face so keep acting like a tough guy over the internet instead of having an adult conversation.

This is a "blog"? And stop with the tough guy routine - I'd had no issue for calling a whiny b*tch if you acted this way in a public setting. Just stop, it's boring.

I'll put you on ignore so feel free to keep up with your negativity. Good evening!

Last edited:
Reactions: PixelDevil
Very proud of Grayson. Hes still struggling with his shot from field some, but 10-10 at ft line.23 poonts on a nite we really needed him to step up minus Bagley! I personally like AOC starting and Grayson at point, because it gets Grayson's game going early! Duval becomes even more of a bear for defenses to adjust to by coming off bench. Also pretty good week for Bolden, and I salute the young man! OFC

Good post - Grayson was in attack mode tonight, and he looked much better!

Reactions: hart2chesson
Bolden was pretty good and hopefully continues that trend. AOC is a shooter just needs to get better on defense.

I wonder if they are now a zone team here on out or was it just this game? It seems the guards stand around too much and don’t attempt to rebound very often when in the zone.

Glad they won !

I think they looked more fluid offensively without two big men on the court at all times. Bolden played well, he has some decent low post ability.

Good win. Guys got rest that probably needed it. Hopefully, bags will be back soon. Bolden played well in the first half. AOC hit a few shots along. Allen played better than he normally did.

Thx So Cal!! It was good to see the captain had his swag back...As you say, he was in "attack mode!" OFC
Grayson knew Duke needed him tonight much more than we usually do and possibly this a factor in his improved play this evening, We really don't know what is stirring in Grayson head but isn't this possible part of his problem Sure there have been games where Grayson was a no show but maybe he's been relying on Bagley a bit to much and this has affected his confidence. Grayson was our former go to guy until we got the two bigs. Maybe we have found another lineup we can better, AND AT CERTAIN TIMES IN GAMES utilize to mix things up in a positive way. No, I'm not saying we are better without Bagley because we aren't but we certainly do have to rely on different players more without him being our main focus.

Grayson played pretty good tonight but he was 5-13 from the floor...still not very good...but did get to the line a good bit and cashed in there

And I thought our zone D was a lot better when AOC was on the floor than trevon...looked to be communicating a lot better with AOC

Grayson played pretty good tonight but he was 5-13 from the floor...still not very good...but did get to the line a good bit and cashed in there

And I thought our zone D was a lot better when AOC was on the floor than trevon...looked to be communicating a lot better with AOC
10-10 from the line. He was aggressive and was able to get fouled

Got the W. Team played hard. I see Carter doing pull up 3s in transition now. Confidence on 100. Game got boring towards the end. We looked like a Georgia Tech-esque team in the last 10 minutes.

Very happy with a road win but when are we going to put a complete game together again. There is no reason for the final score to be by 11 points. OFC

Reactions: BM16
We got a needed W. I think it's obvious Grayson must look for his shot. He was more aggressive in the first half, in the second half he was on his heels too much, as was the rest of the guys.
No matter who K has out there, Grayson still needs to be in attack mode, and the others need to see to it that he has good looks as well.
Bolden looked good too. Hopefully he keeps trending upward.
Must be sharper Wednesday night. Play the second half like we're down.

I was at the game. Great win. I was keyed in on K the whole time. He was VERY demonstrative during the first half when Duke was up like 15-20. When Tech made their mini run at the end, he was very calm. It was interesting to see. Much needed win!

We needed a win. The second half was far from pretty, but as @OldasdirtDevil said, this isn’t style points we’re chasing....although, it would have been nice to put them away earlier.

As for Grayson, he’s a scorer. Scorer’s find ways to score. I like his assertiveness tonight. That’s what we need. Going 5-for-13 and scoring 23 points while getting to the line is a positive. Shooting 5-for-13 and scoring 11 points without one free throw is discouraging. This was a step in the right direction for him.

Going to be nice being back in Cameron on Wednesday night.

Reactions: skysdad
I really hope we stay a zone team. We just seem more comfortable in it. Played well for about thirty minutes and then they thought they would test my blood pressure a bit.

A lot of positives to build on. Gotta keep building though.

Just finished the game. Glad we got a W! Holden was awesome and I liked the starting lineup. Bagley will obviously be back in it but duval needs to not be

Just finished the game. Glad we got a W! Holden was awesome and I liked the starting lineup. Bagley will obviously be back in it but duval needs to not be
Thankful for the win against a depleted Tech team. I cannot understand why we still have these long stretches during which it seems that our players just do not know what they should be doing. We still have a lot of trouble defending the three.

Reactions: pisgah101
Great six games left! We can do this. @ Clemson obv huge game.

39188553_57_F4_4_C66_B947_9_A2_F37_DEDC47.jpg

Thankful for the win against a depleted Tech team. I cannot understand why we still have these long stretches during which it seems that our players just do not know what they should be doing. We still have a lot of trouble defending the three.

I think that's the most frustrating thing for all Duke fans right now. We spend a lot of time pointing to individual play or questioning coaching, but there's a mental side right now that's really lacking with this group. IMO, it's probably the team's biggest hurdle moving forward. Last night should never have been close. To be up 63-38 with a little over 12 minutes left and see Georgia Tech cut the lead to 10 is beyond maddening.

I actually think we have a shot to win it all which I haven't thought in a while. However, I think it can only happen if AOC gets more minutes than Duval moving forward.

Reactions: pisgah101
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT