ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS GEORGIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

It would be interesting to do a plus/minus on who is on the floor during these runs....it would certainly open the players eyes and maybe spark a little more pride in their defense

I get the stall ball intent, it’s going to win us the game by decreasing the possessions. But the bigger picture is we need to stay on the gas and we need to find the confidence to play all 40. We are not a great half court team, our passing in right windows is mediocre at best. We should be pedal to the metal at all times.

Can we please not talk about defensive improvements every time we beat a crap team. I'm sorry but as of right now this team is nothing more than a sweet sixteen team and until we have a good performance against a couple tournament teams I can't get behind this underachieving team. The good news is there's still a little over month before the tournament begins and there's still time for us to turn it around. But right now this is embarrassing.

There was no excuse for that shot clock turn over. For the first time I'm going to say it. That's Coach K's fault for going to stall ball. Duke don't know how to play stall ball. You should at least get a shot off even if it's a bad one. No one can ever convince me stall ball is good unless you a have a 10 point lead with under 1 minute. I'm pissed about that. Now play basketball. OFC

Can we please not talk about defensive improvements every time we beat a crap team. I'm sorry but as of right now this team is nothing more than a sweet sixteen team and until we have a good performance against a couple tournament teams I can't get behind this underachieving team. The good news is there's still a little over month before the tournament begins and there's still time for us to turn it around. But right now this is embarrassing.
Shut up and leave then, please.

Reactions: hart2chesson
The biggest problem with the zone, in my opinion, is it takes away our rebounding edge.

Reactions: Jnood
There was no excuse for that shot clock turn over. For the first time I'm going to say it. That's Coach K's fault for going to stall ball. Duke don't know how to play stall ball. You should at least get a shot off even if it's a bad one. No one can ever convince me stall ball is good unless you a have a 10 point lead with under 1 minute. I'm pissed about that. Now play basketball. OFC
Stall ball has gotten Coach K a ton of victories. I think it's one of the things that makes him the GOAT. Us fans are just greedy and want to win big. He just wants a W and so do I.

Game changed because we started playing absolutely terrible offense again....which causes our defense problems....

Stall ball is ok but my lord you can’t not get a shot off with the ball in your senior leader’s hands twice by the way.

Reactions: skysdad
Negatives: 2nd half defense and letting our foot off the gas. Positives: double digit road win without Bagley, good play by Grayson and Bolden and AOC, 9 guys playing, and our 20th win. I'll take it.

Honestly, I never felt like GT was back in it. It's a win on the road in conference. I'll take it.

Negatives: 2nd half defense and letting our foot off the gas. Positives: double digit road win without Bagley, good play by Grayson and Bolden and AOC, 9 guys playing, and our 20th win. I'll take it.
AOC played a good game? Looked avg to me.

I think we should get a shot off but I like stalling the ball under 3 minutes because it takes away possessions as long as you hit foul shots

Me too. I’ll take it!! Duke just has to learn to keep on their throats in the second half when they are blowing a team out and of course play defense!

Reactions: christophero
I’m pretty positive about a lot when it comes to Duke. But how you come away from that positive idk.....wins and losses aside we are still making the same mistakes. Until I see progress in these areas, I can’t call it positive. G Tech is not a good team, we should have buried them and kept them buried.

Duval was also a team best +9 against UNC so not sure it really means anything....

Reactions: ioliva
Unforced turnovers still concern me more than anything. We have to make teams beat us and not beat ourselves.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT