ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Matthew is in a big time funk right now. And the problem with him is, if he's not giving us offense he kind of becomes a non-factor. We need him to get going again.
Let's hope your Pick Em' picks get in a big time funk too.

Reactions: dukiejay
Not sure I like the term "unfair." I prefer "preparation". You don't win a national championship without a Sat - Mon turnaround. You do this not once or twice but three times. If I'm coach that's all we are talking about today, tonight is preparation and a test to see what this team is made of and if we are ready for March and April.

Duke 81
FSU 72

Riding the boys in this one. Hurt needs to show some toughness tonight and also hit some threes.

Duke 74
Noles 66

This is a realy tough spot. I dont expect our motivation to be what it should be early. We havent looked great at home either. I expect fla st to exploit how far we push our def out just like clemson and pitt did with back cuts and lots of switching. Hopefully wendell will help with these issues. Dog fight and we hit another shot at the buzzer
Duke 75
Fla st 73

Duke isn't losing this game tonight. These are 18-20 yr old young men. The mental fatigue may have been there if it was anybody other than the GOAT roaming the sidelines. He's not having that.

I think Duke will do the exact opposite and come out playing their tails off. See alot of people are already talking about the draining experience from Sat night in the media and if Duke will have the Energy. I think they will and some. Time will soon tell. I'm going with Duke covering tonight.

Gotta stick with my pickem prediction.

Duke 82
FSU 85

Hope I’m wrong.

FEAR going with you my friend. Just human nature for our kids to have trouble getting so focused after 48 hours earlier beating our most enemy rival at their place. Noles by 4, 76-72, and please let me be wrong again.ESPN HD as part of BIG MONDAY.

Unfortunately Bilas on the commentary....In my opinion LaPhonso Ellis should work Duke games. Just himself, smooth delivery, seems like a good person.and does not try to upstage game with a massive ego! OFC

This game will tell if this team is "mentally" strong. If they are, they will find the energy they need. If they are aggressive and attack, and defend like they are capable of, Duke will get a big win tonight.

Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: hart2chesson
Should be a helluva game. Look forward to watching this one.

That was one emotional game the other night which had to enact a bit of a toll. We shall see.

FEAR going with you my friend. Just human nature for our kids to have trouble getting so focused after 48 hours earlier beating our most enemy rival at their place. Noles by 4, 76-72, and please let me be wrong again.ESPN HD as part of BIG MONDAY.

Unfortunately Bilas on the commentary....In my opinion LaPhonso Ellis should work Duke games. Just himself, smooth delivery, seems like a good person.and does not try to upstage game with a massive ego! OFC
Well the tv will be on mute. After Saturday I will never listen to that a** clown again.

Not sure I like the term "unfair." I prefer "preparation". You don't win a national championship without a Sat - Mon turnaround. You do this not once or twice but three times. If I'm coach that's all we are talking about today, tonight is preparation and a test to see what this team is made of and if we are ready for March and April.

Duke 81
FSU 72
These quick turnaround games suck but I agree that they’re necessary to get prepared for the postseason because in the ACC Tournament we’ll playing on back to back days for as many as 3 days and as you mentioned every other day for 3 straight weekends in the NCAA Tournament. The biggest test will be the ACC Tournament because if they can handle playing back to back days then they should be able to handle playing every other day for 3 straight weekends.

Duke isn't losing this game tonight. These are 18-20 yr old young men. The mental fatigue may have been there if it was anybody other than the GOAT roaming the sidelines. He's not having that.

I think Duke will do the exact opposite and come out playing their tails off. See alot of people are already talking about the draining experience from Sat night in the media and if Duke will have the Energy. I think they will and some. Time will soon tell. I'm going with Duke covering tonight.
I hope you are correct in your thinking but if we do lose this game tonight I expect K to first say something about how good FSU is, then get into the mental and physical fatigue from Saturday night but I may be wrong.

Hate these quick turnarounds like this, but it what is. I guess it gets our squad prepared for the NCAA tournament. Duke will still be riding on an emotional high from the other night. Duke wins, but it will be close.

Duke: 84
FSU: 79

Let’s go Duke!!

I say Duke wins 77-71. I actually like this schedule. While I do think it is brutal, I think it is a great preparation to try and simulate the Tournament situation. I think it is a very likely scenario that Duke has to win an emotional game on a Thursday and come back 2 days later to win against a more talented team. This is a great learning opportunity and for Coach to see what they need to work on and see how his team responds. Big Vernon should be well rested for tonight and eager to play a full game like he did the first half. I think Duke is trending in the right direction. (I hope anyways)

Let's hope to finally starting fast again. Work it into Vernon early and play off him. Hopefully Tre doesn't start the game off shot hunting unless he's just feeling it. Get the team in line then take over if that's what needs to be done. We should win this game. Duke by 7

This is such a crucial game, lose this game and kiss our 1-seed hopes goodbye. Win this game and were still in contention for a 1-seed. However, getting the 2 in the East (Madison Square Garden) with San Diego St as the 1 seed, sign me up for that all day!

I think were gonna win. However, win or lose. Let's all pray every day the next 5 weeks for good health. Lets roll into March fully healthy, lets not be missing anyone, or even trying to bring anyone back into the rotation (killed us last year). That's all we can ask for.

After a 48 hour turnaround, an emotional win, and a physical FSU team, I got a bad feeling. Hope it's just gas or something

However you cant doubt these guys!

Reactions: JCColsCane
Let's play hard from the opening whistle to the final buzzer. Get back on defense, hit our free throws and stop them from driving to the basket for lay ups. OFC

We can’t afford to come out slow against a team like Florida State.. we won’t be able to come back on them like we were able to do with UNC and BC.

Reactions: skysdad
Let’s gooooooooooo boys!!!!! Bring the noise crazies and let’s get it done!

Hurt not getting the start is the right move. Coming off the bench might help him get going.

I wonder how long until Bilas says “screen for the screener” or “that should have been a foul”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT