ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
This one is going to be short and sweet. I personally think it’s a completely unfair scheduling snafu that has teams playing Saturday evening in an emotionally charged rivalry game (it happens throughout the conference to all at some point) and then force them to play again 48 hours.

Anyway, I’m glad we’re back home tonight but we all know how well Coach Hamilton is as a coach, and this Seminole team is no different. They’re incredibly athletic and good shooting guards, suffocating defense and typically a good big that can matchup and block shots in the paint...Tonight will not be any different.

Duke currently sits at an -8 for tonight’s game which I believe is high. FSU always place us well, has an experienced coach and most of all, as we said, plays defense exceptionally well. Offense can be streaky in college basketball and often teams shoot better at home. Defense on the other hand, defense travels. It doesn’t matter where you’re playing, defense is the great equalizer that can level the playing field. With that, I’m going back to my prediction against the Holes. We will win and not cover.

Duke - 74

Florida State - 71

GO DUKE

We got our hands full for sure. Can't afford to start out poorly against the Noles. That said, we're due to kick their asses for a change. Might as well be tonight.

Duke 75
Florida State 69

OFC

Reactions: germantondevil
Elite 8 type game with the two day turnaround. We will see if this team can focus since FSU is gonna bring it. Duke in a close one.

This was going to be a very very tough game even before the emotional win Saturday night. One thing I will say is, this team having depth and playing 10 players is huge compared to the 7-8 players in past years.

Not going against this team

Duke - 77
FSU - 73

Classic FSU team, good size at every position, great defense and no single dominant player to key in on. Trent Forrest is their engine I guess.

Thank goodness this one is at home.

We need to be efficient on offense and rebound on defense. We are more talented, but they are scrappy as heck. If we can force them to shoot jumpers, we should be able to hit enough 3s and FTs to win. It’s a great matchup for Hurt if he’s feeling frisky.

Duke 77 FSU 76

Gotta stick with my pickem prediction.

Duke 82
FSU 85

Hope I’m wrong.

Going to be a battle. Make free throws and play aggressive defense, and I think we pull out a close one. GO DUKE!!!!
OFC

I don’t know how you can recover with such a short turnaround. I’m not recovered, and I just watched.
I’m still picking duke though

Duke 77
FSU 73
My thoughts exactly. Hope they don't come out flat after the Tarhole game. The timing of this game kinda sucks.

Reactions: PixelDevil
I think we make our 3’s, but don’t shoot it well from the FT line. We still win by 5

Duke 75
FSU 70

The Crazies should be especially pumped up after the amazing comeback against the Holes. Huge game with the Crazies in full force!

Duke 79
FSU 73

Reactions: Liftee
Per KenPom:

Duke- 3rd overall; 6th on offense and 12th on defense

FSU- 19th overall; 38th on offense and 19th on defense

The computers certainly favor Duke. Not sure what’s KenPom’s line, but Bart Torvick also has us beating FSU by 9 tonight (81% chance of winning). FSU’s computer rankings are way lower than Duke’s when it seems like both teams should be closer. The computers don’t like FSU as much as the humans do. We’ll see what prevails.

Tough turnaround. Only thing to say: Boys, we are tied for 2nd with them. After tonight, one of us will be alone in 2nd. Who’s it gonna be?

Reactions: Quavarius
I agree with all the posts that this is a completely unfair turnaround for our basketball team. Who knows if Tre Jones could even get out of bed on Sunday, his shoulders had to be very sore from carrying us the last 10 minutes of the game.

No idea on what the final score is and I get losing hurts our chances at a regular season ACC crown, but after the effort the boys gave on Saturday night, if we look like we are walking in quick sand then so be it.

FSU: 75
Duke: 69

Unbelievably tough turnaround, but Duke missed out on its most recent chance for a marquee home win when Louisville came to town. I think it will be relatively low scoring, and FSU doesn't really have the depth advantage over Duke that they do over virtually all of the rest of the ACC.

Duke - 65
FSU - 60

Reactions: Quavarius
Cassius and Vern have big games because they fouled out and have extra rest......I mean it makes since in my head. Defend, rebound and hit free throws. I think we will be ready.

Duke 82
Cam Reddish U 77

Tough turnaround. Only thing to say: Boys, we are tied for 2nd with them. After tonight, one of us will be alone in 2nd. Who’s it gonna be?

Tre said we are hunting the regular season title this year...they didn't come to play vs the first true threat in Louisville and got down huge, so will they show an actual sense of urgency vs the other major threat in FSU?

I sure hope so, cause if we are truly hunting the regular season "title" then we should see a team that rolls from the opening tip.

We both played Saturday albeit we had a lot tougher game but they have to travel to US. Only Tre played more than his usual minutes. Carey and Stanley fouling out and Hurt barely played so hopefully they can carry the load a bit. Hopefully the game the other night gave both AOC and Baker extra confidence and they play well. Don't be sloppy with the ball and give FSU confidence early with some run outs from the turnovers and rebound.

DUKE 75
FSU 69

"One more year, one more year, one more year!"

This is what I will be chanting at the TV for the remainder of the season. Hopefully the message finds its way to Tre. As for tonight's game, I picked FSU in the pick 'em and I've been pretty terrible at that all year. So that means Duke must win. 73-68.

I'm going to disagree with a lot of you. I think Duke is going to be relaxed and pumped up. The pressure of playing in front of the loud and obnoxious UNX crowd will be gone and instead I'm sure the Crazies will be ready to celebrate the big win just 48 hours earlier and will be really hyped. This is a good indicator of where we are in mid February, whether we can play back to back games against elite teams. And yes, the UNX team we played on Saturday was elite, for 35 minutes at least. We got their best shot.

I don't have a score, but I know Duke will come out and play well and hard.

I was shocked the line opened up at -8.5. I was thinking maybe around 7. Maybe Vegas knows something? Maybe our quick turn around isn't as rough because it was a short bus trip home? Regardless...if this team is Final-Four good, we need to lay the SMACKDOWN on someone at home, remember the 2015 team beating a championship caliber Notre Dame at home by 50????

I don't think the game goes like that ND game, however, we still roll.

Duke 84
FSU 69

Avoid the slow start, keep it within single digits, and I see us pulling this one out in a nail biter. Hurt with 7 threes tonight in a Ryan Kelley type performance!

Duke 77
FSU 75

Brutal turnaround both physically and emotionally. Going to need the Crazies to show up and bring the energy for the team. Hoping we can gut this one out. Duke by a bucket.

For me this may be the toughest game of the year so far. 48 hour rest, coming off an overtime , energy draining win against our rival and happy it was a one. It would be even more draining if we had lost. Hope our guys got some rest although I'm sure some kind of practice is s must. FSU is ranked higher and very talented and will be coming in for the kill. The plea/call out thread from Laettner is dead on. We need the crazies to be at their all time best. 1st game after the misunderstanding.I'm also hoping this board is positive and gives out those good vibs.

Duke 74
FSU 71
OFC

Reactions: hpnole
The emotional fuel tank is empty. Got a sinking feeling we lose a close one tonight. We’ll have to see a Big Bang from 3 from Hurt, Joey or Alex to pull this one off. Not sure that’ll happen. I can’t see us being able to get up enough for this one after that incredible w at the K Dome. We’ll see.

I got Duke wining this one in a close game again.

EQYrUfpXYAAi8Q_

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT