ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I predict one more loss before the NCAA's. No clue when it will come. The picks would be @ NC St, @ UVA, or in the ACC tourney to FSU or UL. That will give us 4 losses on the year.

We should be a 1-seed with only 4 losses, especially if that includes winning the ACC tournament beating both FSU and UL. A 1 would be great, however I'd still be completely cool with a 2 seed if were in NYC with San Diego St as our 1 seed.
We all know that all Duke's titles have come as a 1 seed. This year I think seed matters less than ever, it's all about match-ups and who will get hot in March. An upset or 2 in our bracket would be amazing too, considering last year our bracket went straight chalk.

Duke won in 1991 as a 2 seed, but the other four were all as #1s.

And you are right - being a 1 seed obviously doesn't guarantee success, but historically, not just for Duke, it is important. I think something like 2/3rds of champions since the 64-team tournament have been 1 seeds.

4 or 5 losses would normally be good for a 1 seed, but the Zags and SD St. playing in weak conferences has made that a bit weird this year.

Reactions: jwill133
Great two wins in three days. Thought we were toast Sat nite but team found a way to pull it out then refocus and beat darn good FSU team.

We will be in Greensboro this March!

4 or 5 losses would normally be good for a 1 seed, but the Zags and SD St. playing in weak conferences has made that a bit weird this year.

Didn't the unc cheater u get in as a #2 seed with 10 losses? If so they may get in as a # 16 seed this year no matter how many losses they may have without winning the ACC tourney. Yes it is far fetched but think of the crap they've got away with. OFC

Reactions: Laettner
Didn't the unc cheater u get in as a #2 seed with 10 losses? If so they may get in as a # 16 seed this year no matter how many losses they may have without winning the ACC tourney. Yes it is far fetched but think of the crap they've got away with. OFC
I heard swofford is currently working on a special past champion exemption for them to get in regardless of record.

Reactions: skysdad and hpnole
I gotta say, I love the way we came out there last night.

The FSU player just flopped his head back and the fers just didn't fall for it. Even Hamilton knew it. Reminds mef Zeller's phamtom clothesline when he looked like a spastic running through a spider web. The UK/unc cheater u crowd knows it too. They just want to whine about something. They are UK and tar heel fans. They can't help it . It's their nature. Bless their hearts. OFC

to the kids credit...he did get poked in the eye...just by bhis own teammate

Reactions: skysdad
FSU just isn't a good matchup for us, and we still won, with 21 turnovers.

I thought the final basket that Goldwire scored, a TOUGH lay-up going sideways in the lane, was the biggest play of the game. Believe that gave us the lead at 1 and we never lost it again.

I hope our guys get some much needed rest today and tomorrow.
Goldwire is my jawn.

Reactions: dbav and jwill133
I honestly am fine as a 1 or 2 as long as we stay East, but we know 1 seeds have better odds.
I know things change on a daily with bracketology at this point in the season, but right now, if Duke was in the East region, I would not be a fan. Houston and Arkansas would be very tough outs, and then possibly a sweet 16 matchup with Seton Hall! What’s funny is the one seeded San Diego State is the easiest opponent IMO Duke would have to face vs the other teams Duke would have to play in order to get to that matchup with San Diego State in the Elite Eight. Having said that, I really don’t think San Diego State would ever make it to Elite Eight.

It’s an optical illusion! Hurt should be charged with assault, maybe even attempted murder, the big jerk!

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT