ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS FLORIDA STATE OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Has anyone seen the replay of the hurt supposed elbow? He didn’t even touch him. Huge flop. It’s all over twitter

Thanks for the replay. I was thinking possibly a flop because when the FSU player was putting on his contact, I didn't see visible injury on his face. If Hurt actually did hit him, I'm assuming there would be a good size knot or a cut on his face.

Huge win! What a 48 hours for this team... it’s games like this that make you grow up and grow up fast! Big big props to this team.. you got a nice 4 day rest period.. you fellas deserve it!

Just got to watch - man what a gutty performance. There was still some residual emotions from the UNC win, which I think manifested itself in the 20+ turnovers, but they grinded enough to negate that. I thought this was one of their better defensive games too. Really good win.

Reactions: Mac9192
You know we won a big overtime game away from home on Sat. against our only rival then we hadvturn right around in 48 hours and play a very good team in FSU. Says a lot about the toughness of this team. I cannot leave this thread without giving FSU the credit they deserve. They are a well disciplined coached team and just in case we have forgotten FSU played Sat. also and had to come to our place. Happy we don't have to go down there this year. OFC

You know we won a big overtime game away from home on Sat. against our only rival then we hadvturn right around in 48 hours and play a very good team in FSU. Says a lot about the toughness of this team. I cannot leave this thread without giving FSU the credit they deserve. They are a well disciplined coached team and just in case we have forgotten FSU played Sat. also and had to come to our place. Happy we don't have to go down there this year. OFC

They have a world class coach and they would have still brought it to us without what happened Saturday

This was a real quality win given the timing, the intensity and the effort required to beat a rival on the road and a quality team that always plays hard against us. Chapeau to the team and to coach k and staff for getting the team ready for this one.

Just finished the game. Sorry, our time is more valuable on the west coast when these games start at 4. Great win! Tre looked gassed the last 5 mins. Goldwire has improved so much from last year! I remember him airballing a layup and cringing every time he took a 3. Now he’s a legit threat from beyond the arc and hitting heavily contested drives to the basket.

Just finished the game. Sorry, our time is more valuable on the west coast when these games start at 4. Great win! Tre looked gassed the last 5 mins. Goldwire has improved so much from last year! I remember him airballing a layup and cringing every time he took a 3. Now he’s a legit threat from beyond the arc and hitting heavily contested drives to the basket.

How many points in the pick em contest did you pick up tonight? I picked up 6. :D OFC

I'm so freaking proud of these guys. They bend but rarely break and that's something to be proud of as a fan, players, and staff. That drives our 2 main hater fan bases crazy, which in turn is another blessing.

This board was so positive tonight and encouraging instead of the drive-by BS we usually see at times. Makes staying engaged here more enjoyable.

That was a good win off a short turnaround. Really good team win. Lots of contributions. I went over to RR and they have i think 6 threads about us. All saying we get all the calls and they didn’t even acknowledge the FSU player being out of bounds.

Reactions: Quavarius
That was a good win off a short turnaround. Really good team win. Lots of contributions. I went over to RR and they have i think 6 threads about us. All saying we get all the calls and they didn’t even acknowledge the FSU player being out of bounds.

Reactions: Showenuff
I knew unc and uk fans were obsessed with Duke, but the obsession is starting to become a little weird and sick! Lol
I was thinking the same thing? They are starting to go overboard. constantly trying to down Duke even at the cost of blatant lies. The ref crap has tired out a long time ago. I'm going to see if I can think of something else for them to focus on like relationships outside of immediate family members and getting past the kindergarten placement test. Too much focus on Duke can't be healthy.

Reactions: Quavarius
duke has been called for getting hit in the face 3 times this year, and the opponent actually made contact, so apparently this does happen. Whether it’s dumb or not!

I don’t want to jinx it, but take a look at Duke’s final 17-18 games in 2010 and 2015. One loss after January. Big road win at #2 UVA in 2015 to start a run to the championship. Beat a 13-11 UNC team on 2/10/10. I’m not saying this team is starting a 1 remaining loss campaign to cut down the the nets, but it sure would be nice.

I was thinking the same thing? They are starting to go overboard. constantly trying to down Duke even at the cost of blatant lies. The ref crap has tired out a long time ago. I'm going to see if I can think of something else for them to focus on like relationships outside of immediate family members and getting past the kindergarten placement test. Too much focus on Duke can't be healthy.
6 out of the first 23 threads on RR are about Duke and the game tonight. They’re so obsessed with Duke that they can’t keep their obsession in just one thread.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT