ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ARMY OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

We might cover the spread after all lol. Moore with a triple double.
82-56 final. Seems like we closed out well. Moore and Roach shot well which covered for a rough shooting night by Keels.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Moore was outstanding and J Roach had a really nice second half. Defense is going to be outstanding this year! Baker has not improved.

Not as pretty as we all thought it would be but we still win. Vegas was on point with the spread though lol

Ball movement is really bothering me. Set plays can be really stagnant and our guys like to try to force their skill to score instead of working together to get open. I feel like it happened at uk a bit. Would like to see more plays forced to mark to get him going

Btw anyone watching unc vs brown? Idk I just have this feeling brown can win. They’re playing well so far!

Ball movement is really bothering me. Set plays can be really stagnant and our guys like to try to force their skill to score instead of working together to get open. I feel like it happened at uk a bit. Would like to see more plays forced to mark to get him going

Btw anyone watching unc vs brown? Idk I just have this feeling brown can win. They’re playing well so far!
That’ll improve as the season goes on (I hope). It’s the one downsides to having a young team that hasn’t played together all that long. They’ll get there.

Yup 21-21 now. Nothing better than we winning and the cheaters losing.

I know it was mentioned numerous times last year but damn is Bacot ugly!!!

I think this Duke team has the potential to be special. Frustrating when they can't get it together consistently on both ends though. The defense could be top tier by season's end. Offense needs work.

I think this Duke team has the potential to be special. Frustrating when they can't get it together consistently on both ends though. The defense could be top tier by season's end. Offense needs work.

Really early and first true "combat" so what we have seen is encouraging. Lets be great in Feb/March..until then we need to learn and grow, preferably while winning! :)

That’ll improve as the season goes on (I hope). It’s the one downsides to having a young team that hasn’t played together all that long. They’ll get there.

My thing is Duke has lacked good ball movement for quite some time. I hope you’re right

damn brown is going OFF! they’re just making EVERYTHING

Really early and first true "combat" so what we have seen is encouraging. Lets be great in Feb/March..until then we need to learn and grow, preferably while winning! :)
When you know you’re playing the next day there’s a tendency like it or not to pace yourself somewhat so all in all a good not great performance. Plus letdown after UK so to win by that margin is solid

Reactions: Mac9192
Yeah I think we did fine last night, especially considering the bad shooting night from Keels, and the lack of Griffin. Let’s also remember way back to 2018, the Army game after Kentucky, we kind of underperformed in that game as well, and I think we would all be happy if this team ends as good as that one was.

Yeah I think we did fine last night, especially considering the bad shooting night from Keels, and the lack of Griffin. Let’s also remember way back to 2018, the Army game after Kentucky, we kind of underperformed in that game as well, and I think we would all be happy if this team ends as good as that one was.
Hopefully with no major injuries and three more tournament wins than the '19 team had :)

Overall a good one. As good as Keels is he's still a freshman so these nights are going to happen. It is nice to have an older guy like Wendell to play like that. Banchero had 18 points and 12 rebounds I think. Good to see Roach play better. We cannot really afford a sophomore slump by Mark so hopefully he plays better tonight. Would like to see AJ get more involved as well he seemed a little lost yest. These games are a good opportunity for him. We need a 4th guy to step up and be consistent if we want to be a one seed type team.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
I guess my expectations were too high for roach and Williams. Roach almost feels like Tyler Thornton to me; he can bring the ball up and defend, hitting the three when open, but isn’t a breakdown guy who can cause the D to collapse. Mark just needs to settle down. Perhaps the off-season hype got to him and it’s time to reset.

Reactions: christophero
Off topic but I am really curious to see how Holmgren fares against Texas tonight. I guess it is relevant as we play them soon. If Chet has a big game and Mark doesn't, that could be an advantage for them. Of course the opposite could happen.

Last edited:
Finally watching the Army game I will have my thoughts.
1. Keels with a made 3 and then a missed 3. He has a little hitch in his shot.
2. Baker in the game for 5 seconds and turns the ball over. Coach is not happy.
3. Moore with a steal and a jam. Nice upperclassman to have.
4. Theo forcing a missed shot and getting down for a loose ball. I know he didn't score but he gives us value with his hard work and taking up space.
5. Banchero is far and away our best player. It's nice that Keels played great against Kentucky and Moore looked great today, but we need to get him the ball more.
6. The announcer on Scheyer and Carrawell recruiting. "They are amazing with moms." lol

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT