ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS ARMY OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

krzyzewskiville

Oct 7, 2004
Winfield, KS
If Tuesday night didn't get you excited about what this team can potentially do, you don't know basketball. Wow, what a performance. It wasn't 2018 Duke/Kentucky, but I do think we can all agree this team is probably undervalued this year. Something not often said about Duke.

Coach K Fact #2 During Coach K's 45 years in coaching he's had an unprecedented 67 players drafted, 41 of them in the first round.

On to tonight. Army comes into tonight's game 1-0 after a win over division two SUNY-New Paltz Tuesday night. Any time one of Coach K's teams faces one of our military institutions, he uses these games for far more than confidence builders. Having started his career as a cadet and then eventually assistant and head coach at Army, this game is always extra special - more so the day after Veterans Day.

From a competitive standpoint, Duke should roll. It'll be fantastic to actually have FANS back inside Cameron Indoor and Duke enters a -24.5 favorite. If they can hit some perimeter shots, I think we cover.

Tonight's game is slated to tip at 7pm est and will air on the ACCN.

Duke 89

Army 61

GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We get off to a slow start from being a little hung over from the big win the other night but our defense plays well. We pull ahead half way through the first half and don't look back.

Duke- 76
Army- 55

I think Duke comes out playing well at first but calls off the dogs and most of the guys sit in the second half due to having to play back to back nights.

Duke is -24.5

Duke 81
Army 55

Reactions: jeffrey236
This is the type of game you like to see the bench players play well. Would like to see AJ get some good minutes. Would like to see Roach make some growth. Theo should continue his good play. Mark could use a bounce back game. Bates Jones and Blakes can get some time. Be nice to see Baker hit some 3's, but I'm aggravated that he was hesitating shooting in the Kentucky game. It just is what it is at this point.
Duke: 94
Army 75

Tight first 10 minutes, and then we pull away for an easy win. Duke 86 - 63

I would love for Joey to see some threes go in tonight. I am really feeling like he needs to prove his relative worth in a few of the pre-conference games if he expects to see any meaningful minutes in ACC play.

If Bates Jones hits some 3's we're going to see a third guy off the bench controversy ha. We need guys who can hit 3's/jump shots off the bench and Joey needs to start hitting some or lose his spot. I've been a big Joey supporter, but we need more from him. The next few games are his chance, but he needs to have more confidence in big games. One of the things you cannot predict is how people will do in the big moment. Look at Keels; he looked like a senior out there.

Last edited:
I think this game is around a 10-12 point game at halftime and it will be low scoring. Something along the line of 35-24. Think that we toss up a bunch of 3 pointers in the 1st half and shoot a low percentage. We will pull away during the 5-7 minutes of the 2nd half and stretch the lead out to 25-30 points. We empty the bench with 5 minutes left in game and we end up winning by a score of 75-46.

This guy haha - @skysdad has been doing this for years lol. I love it
LOL hart. I have been predicting the same score as K-ville for good 10 years now. You are the first to notice. It even took K-ville a few years to pick up on it. OFC

Last edited:
16-11. Banchero and Keels have hit 3's. Early word is we look sloppy. I'm not watching the game but am checking the box score. Now 20-11. Keels with 4 and PB with 10.
Now 25-18. Moore with 5.
We are 3 of 11 from 3. This is becoming a concern.

Last edited:
getting 3 happy.....shot 13 the entire UK game....already 11 with 4 mins to go.

Found feed on YouTube.

joey baker should be 8th or 9th deep player. Good kid, but not a high level D1 player....

Reactions: JimboSlice00
Mark Williams with 2 points and one rebound. Against Army.
38-25 at the half. Looks like we went on a mini run before the half. Moore and Banchero in double figures. Keels with 8. Jones with 3, Baker, Williams, and Roach with 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: sheyduke
I feel at this point Keels and Johns are the only two doing all they can for the team. Keels is officially my favorite player. He’s playing D and trying to keep the whole team engaged.

Reactions: christophero
The line was 25, and we're up 13 at the half. Not super, but we could open it up in the second half. Theo and Mark both with 10 minutes. If Mark doesn't pick it up Theo may start tomm.

Duke looks lost. Do we not know ball movement. It looks like we took a step back. Teams are older an experienced. It shows this game.

4 points total at those positions (C and PG) is not ideal.
We have more turnovers than assists.

Offensively we're looking really stagnant. Too much ISO play. Forcing stupid jumpers and driving inside without positional help on offense. Army is tough, but Duke should be beating them by 15-20 easy right now. Pretty disappointed with our offense tonight. Defense shows promise, but some issues there too.

seems like the win the other night and how they won hasn't sunk in...way too much standing around and 1 on 1 play vs ball movement and team play that we saw vs UK. Lots of teaching moments being created!

Mark with a score. He must have read my post about not starting at halftime. :)
49-37. Now 56-42. 10 minutes left. Nice run. 59-46 now. Roach now with 8.

Last edited:
Nice little reality check for this team. Some pretty big holes in key areas that need to be addressed!

23 3pt attempts so far. We are way bigger than them so why not pound inside? Another noticeable area of concern...no PG per se...lots of players can bring the ball up but who is running the team? Most top teams have a PG who runs the team or maybe even two...very important in all NC contenders.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Keels 3 of 11 let's not pencil him in to the lottery just yet. He'll get there. AJ has not scored. 8 of 23 from 3 point land at home.
Now 65-50.

23 3pt attempts so far. We are way bigger than them so why not pound inside? Another noticeable area of concern...no PG per se...lots of players can bring the ball up but who is running the team? Most top teams have a PG who runs the team or maybe even two...very important in all NC contenders.
Moore needs to be running the show full time. He showed the ability to do it in spurts the past two years, he just needs to get more reps in game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT