You can watch uNC for $22 Duke for $34… be smart

Friday-

UNC/VT/FSU vs Pitt/Wake/ND/GT- UNC
Duke/Cuse/St/Lville vs UVA/Clemson/BC/Miami- Duke

Tickets jump to 90-100$

Saturday- so many options but most likely

Duke/Clemson vs UNC/Wake- UNC winner

Tickets- $83-90
Pretty much agree with your picks, although I don't give Lville much of a chance. The upset I really want to see is Wake over UNC. Then us over Wake in the final.
OFC

How much will Jon be able to use the UNC loss to motivate this team going into this week? I am very interested to see who shows up for Duke!

Reactions: hart2chesson
Of course I always enjoy seeing the holes lose, but I'd love to be the team to beat those pricks. The thought of getting swept by that entitled group chaps my ass.

Their fans on Facebook need to be sprayed like mosquitos.

As long as Duke wins that first game, I think they will have a 3 seed secured. Two wins definitely secures that. As another poster mentioned, the committee does not value conference tournaments a whole lot.

Of course I always enjoy seeing the holes lose, but I'd love to be the team to beat those pricks. The thought of getting swept by that entitled group chaps my ass.

Their fans on Facebook need to be sprayed like mosquitos.
Great post Mac. I am old, and you're a young whipper snapper. However, like me your distaste for those @$$h@le$ grows with each passing day. They suck like their fans. "Entitled" was the PERFECT WORD!!

As far as this tournament, it may seem farfetched, but just a hunch. Watch out for Virginia Tech. Despite their struggles, I still have the utmost respect and admiration for Hokie coach Mike Young. They need to win it all to make the dance, but those guards(Catoor and Padulla), could get hot and light it up from three this week.

Still I have Wake getting to the finals with an upset over the Evil Empire. Jon Scheyer wins his 2nd consecutive championship with a title game win over the Deacs.

OFC

Also, as we enter this tournament, shout out to @timo0402 and the podcast guys. I wanted to tell TK how much I agree with him on the large role Mark Mitchell plays for us, "x-factor."

As TK noted on 5PPP Sunday, we need much more from Mitch than we got from him Saturday. What was it, 3pts 4rbs??? Mark, we need a steady 10 and 6 minimum from you, and that stifling D you play. In fact,Mark's play may be a very determining factor in this team's success rest of year! OFC

Flip gets all the attention and for good reason, but an effective MM is a game changer for us. These kids should have a massive chip on their shoulders heading into tourney season.
"Massive Chip," YES, I LIKE IT!!! TK, btw when is next podcast??

OFC

Reactions: sheyduke
Duke won the ACC tourney last year. They have a chance to win it this year. It’s only 3 games.
They need to tough it out, play hard, out coach the other teams.

Reactions: timo0402
Looks like Kenny Payne is out at Louisville. Wonder what's Nolan going to do?

On a similar note, I have heard from someone close to the situation that Keatts is out as soon as State loses. Not sure what they would do if State miraculously won the tournament, but that is very unlikely to happen. Not sure of the validity, just sharing what I've heard.

Nolan , I think part of him saw Payne as his way into an NBA coaching job as well. I wish the best for him.

Unless Syracuse can mount a big comeback in the next 6 minutes, it looks like we'll be playing NC state.

Another NIT year for the Cuse. We should be able to beat State

Last edited:
Cuse fans can't blame Girard any more for their troubles. Well he lost too lol. Always liked the kid. Had a nice career.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Doesn't matter WHO we play the rest of the year. The way this Duke team plays(sleep-
walks thru at tipoff thru 1st half sometimes),its quite SIMPLE as @timo0402 said on 5PPP: "40 MINUTES OF INSPIRED BASKETBALL" required of these Blue Devils!!

OFC

One would think we can handle State. A close loss in finals to UNC or Wake and we are solid 3 seed. A win against UNC in the final and we have a shot at a 2. Lose before the finals and we are a 4 IMHO.

What team will come out to play is the question for every single remaining game? Will it be the team that took the life out of UVA in the first 10 minutes? Or the team that spots UNC a 15 point lead??

Alan, I hate to disagree with you but the top 4 seeds will probably be finalized tonight or tomorrow. The last 2 rounds of the tournaments don't seem to matter much. That would be too much heavy lifting for the old folks in the bracketing room. :(

Reactions: AlanInNJ
As far as the thread title I’m guessing Ayers, Valentine, and Luckey.

😂

Last edited:
Think we are a 3; a 4 if we lose today. I think we win today. We will not be a 2 seed imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT