ADVERTISEMENT

What is your favorite way of watching a Duke game?

Haha!! JK....I had no idea how old you were!!.....I can barely remember 28......hell for that matter, I don't remember 45 all that well!!
Ahh DukeFanKY, stop being so humble to the young grasshoppers. We are both the same age and have remarkable memory like an elephant. Be proud of that. Now be asvised, nowhere in my post will you find I said a live elephant lol.

Reactions: Neners
Obviously there is nothing like being in Cameron for a game. Otherwise I’m in my den sitting in the floor leaning against my couch. Same spot every game. No one is allowed over to watch the games with me. I don’t think my wife realized when she met me what a freak I was about The Duke games. She understands now.
Hahaha sounds like me ...”don’t talk to me!!!” It’s bad man. Everybody likes to watch (me) watch the games....

Clackity clackity clack clack clack. Maybe one day I will mature and join the seasonsed OFC. :)

Reactions: skysdad
Like a few others have said, I try not to read/post on the board too much during games because I get distracted by reading what people are posting and don’t pay as much attention to the game which goes along with my other posts about not liking watching games at bars.

In person is obviously the best. Unfortunately, that doesn’t happen as much as I’d like anymore.

To be honest, it just depends on the game. If we’re playing UNC then I’m watching it alone or with my wife. My kids are at the age where they’re getting busier and busier, so I find myself watching those 7pm games more and more on tape delay....after they’re in bed. I don’t do bars as much as I used to.

This is me as well. For better or worse, with three small people, I rarely get to watch a game live. The benefit is I zoom through commercials, but I don't get to engage in the game threads and things like that until later.

I am also one that prefers to watch at home, by myself. I'm an anti-social crazy person during games.

If it’s a UNC game then I watch it alone aka with my dog. Almost all other games I’ll watch with the family. I can’t stand hearing noise from anyone during the UNC game.

I enjoy watching games with my parents if I am visiting them. My father turned into a Duke fan by watching the games with me throughout the years. It was a cool moment to witness Duke cut down the nets in person in 2015 along with my dad, we gave each other a hug right after the final buzzer sounded, a Father and Son moment I’ll never forget. When the Blue Devils play the Tar Heels, my brother (Tar Heel Fan) and I will usually talk trash to one another throughout the game and we will make a wager on the game, speaking of it he still needs to shave his head completely bald after Duke defeated unc on Grayson’s Senior Night last year. Does anyone else turn the volume of their tv all the way up when watching a Duke game at home haha?

I enjoy watching games with my parents if I am visiting them. My father turned into a Duke fan by watching the games with me throughout the years. It was a cool moment to witness Duke cut down the nets in person in 2015 along with my dad, we gave each other a hug right after the final buzzer sounded, a Father and Son moment I’ll never forget. When the Blue Devils play the Tar Heels, my brother (Tar Heel Fan) and I will usually talk trash to one another throughout the game and we will make a wager on the game, speaking of it he still needs to shave his head completely bald after Duke defeated unc on Grayson’s Senior Night last year. Does anyone else turn the volume of their tv all the way up when watching a Duke game at home haha?
No but I turn it all the way down if bilas is calling it.

I used to get so worked up, that I had this dog....true story.....there didn't even have to be a game on....if he head the ESPN music....da da da...da da da...he would immediately get up and go up stairs!!!
Mine doesn’t hide but he gets really confused/excited. When Duke won in 2010 and 2015 and Rivers shot at UNC I was screaming for joy petting him, picking him up by his front legs dancing with him and giving him all sorts of treats. He just hears me screaming “DUKE!!” and being really happy. Since his name is Duke he thinks he did something awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT