ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread- Duke vs Houston SWEET 16

Sucks their best player got hurt. But survive and advance! I didn’t think we had much of a shot to even make it out of the first weekend so kudos to the team. Obviously we aren’t the favorite to win the whole thing, but anything can happen. Proud of this team no matter what happens from here.

What a grinding game. Even without their leader, their D kept them in the game. Points were hard to come by.

Roach was huge in the second half, and Flip and Proctor were warriors. Very disappointed in Mitchell though, but thank God Young was out there. His stats weren’t good, but his presence on the court was.

Duke was tough as nails for the last 35 minutes of the game.

Refs were for sure horrible! A win is a win
I’m not mad at all, it was completely trending in the wrong direction before the injury. That dude was killing our perimeter players. Like making them shake in their little Nike shoes.

Shead is a 20pt a game guy and their primary ball handler...no doubt it would have been a different game but i have zero sympathy because the way they play isnt basketball....

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Just got my heart out of my throat! 😅 What a game. Our pups played with some swagger and got a program win! That being said, I'm proud of all of our guys, our bench guys came in and gave us positive minutes. Blakes even came in and made some hustle plays and put a couple of crucial points on the board. Give Mark some grace, not his best performance, but he didn't hang his head and kept trucking! Let's down the Woofies!

I don't know about #6 but a final four would be incredible. Even a Elite Eight would be special, although to be that close and lose for the third time would be tough. But we've already had a successful season with this win. JM was nice; but this is a WIN.

I’m really glad they stepped up and made it happen! I got so mad it’s hard for me to be happy right now. I’m really happy I get to see them play again this year!

Reactions: christophero
I’m really glad they stepped up and made it happen! I got so mad it’s hard for me to be happy right now. I’m really happy I get to see them play again this year!
Mad? My friend, with bully ball and bad refs we just took down the Big 12 champs and #1 seed. Arizona, UNC, those teams that beat us are history.

Mad? My friend, with bully ball and bad refs we just took down the Big 12 champs and #1 seed. Arizona, UNC, those teams that beat us are history.
I like the course of things, just got myself too worked up. Sometimes you take dumb things to personal.

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT