ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL ACCT THREAD (excluding Duke games)

As someone not on the coast in NY, and who just shoveled 7 inches of snow (and is expected to see another 6-8 in the next few hours), I can tell you, it's inaccurate.

So as someone stuck in the middle of it, and surrounded by tens of thousands of people without power and receiving aid from the national guard, I can safely say it's not a dud.

As a guy who has reps in those aforementioned areas, and others that were supposed to get clobbered, I can also state it's been a dud in many, many areas. Are there pockets (eastern NY state)? Sure sounds that way, but compared to the widespread path it was supposed to have, I'll stick to my opinion. Doesn't matter either way, I just don't see it being a significant impact for people getting to NYC for games (especially tomo through Saturday).

Last edited:
Apparently Azubuike will be missing the whole conference tournament for Kansas. He is their only good big-guy.
Honestly, I think it's stupid Kansas is a 1-seed over us with 7 losses (I'm aware of the whole Quadrant-1 win difference, but I prefer the eye-test, and Kansas isn't great.)
But what if they lose their first round Big12 game and we win the ACC tournament.....

Is he hurt?

Also, you may not believe me, but I think Boston College, if healthy, is an NCAA Tournament team. Jerome Robinson, Ky Bowman, and Deonate Hawkins could start for any team in America.

It's a shame Terry Hawkins got hurt. I really think BC would have been a Tournament team with his presence. BC has amazingly terrible depth, especially at the guard positions. Bowman, Chatman, and Robinson have been averaging 39.6, 38.9, and 37.8 minutes per game in ACC Action, respectively. Their guards are really good, though; they have a legitimate case for having the best backcourt in the ACC with Bowman and Robinson... Just not sure how their legs will hold up after another 40 minutes. I'm impressed that they stayed composed after giving up a huge lead. I thought for sure State would take it after tying the game with a couple minutes left.

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Being a #1 seed in the West seems a little dicey, especially if a scary-good Gonzaga team gets a 4 seed in that region. I'd much prefer Xavier's #1 seed in the Midwest.

Sprained MCL in practice yesterday.
Per Kansas B-ball twitter account, he will sit all weekend and "should" be ready for the NCAA's. Sounds fishy..

Sprained MCL, is that similar to what happened to Bagley?

I believe so. Must be either very mild or wishful thinking on the staffs part. That's a huge blow for them!

Being a #1 seed in the West seems a little dicey, especially if a scary-good Gonzaga team gets a 4 seed in that region. I'd much prefer Xavier's #1 seed in the Midwest.
Agreed. I just think it's stupid if we get a 2-seed (we would most definitely be the #1 2-seed) and go in Nova's region. Nova would most likely be the #1 overall seed, them or UVA. Same exact thing happened in 2013 with us and Louisville.

If you told me today, that we could get a 2 seed, and Xavier would be our 1 seed, I would take the deal. Heck, I'd take a 2-seed right now if Kansas was a lock to be our 1-seed, provided it's not in the West.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Agreed. I just think it's stupid if we get a 2-seed (we would most definitely be the #1 2-seed) and go in Nova's region. Nova would most likely be the #1 overall seed, them or UVA. Same exact thing happened in 2013 with us and Louisville.

If you told me today, that we could get a 2 seed, and Xavier would be our 1 seed, I would take the deal. Heck, I'd take a 2-seed right now if Kansas was a lock to be our 1-seed, provided it's not in the West.
If they use the S curve for seeding like they say they do and we’re the top 2 seed then shouldn’t we be put in the same region as the lowest 1 seed?

If they use the S curve for seeding like they say they do and we’re the top 2 seed then shouldn’t we be put in the same region as the lowest 1 seed?
They no longer do the S-Curve since around 2012.
Believe all of the seeds 1-4 are placed geographically, after that it's an S-Curve.
Meaning, if we are the best #2 seed, we get first selection on where we go, and it's on geography, meaning we will probably be in the East with Nova.

Reactions: DiehardDukeFan4Life
Gotta say I am happy that we finished 2nd in the ACC, but last year I was in heaven getting to watch Duke play 5 days in a row. :D Cant wait until tomorrow!!

That was such a magical stretch. I had so much hope going into the tournament. lol

Relax man. We always get the easiest bracket!!! Didn't you know that??

Neither ND nor VT looks particularly impressive so far tonight. Seems like VT is trying to pack the lane like they did against us so Colson can’t get a ton of looks. Will probably be a close one down the stretch so hopefully they are both a bit tired.

Neither ND nor VT looks particularly impressive so far tonight. Seems like VT is trying to pack the lane like they did against us so Colson can’t get a ton of looks. Will probably be a close one down the stretch so hopefully they are both a bit tired.
Most people here said they'd rather play VT, but I'm not sure I want to go up against that defense again. Buzz knows how to stop the flow of a game.

Reactions: PHXDukie
I thought yall said Notre Dame would be a problem. I'm still trying to figure out why people were saying that

Colson looks no where close to the player I'm used to seeing. I feel a little sorry for the big man. It's got to be very frustrating for him to finish his career like this. I was slated to start my senior year in college and developed mono. I missed 3/4's of the season. I feel his pain.

Great comeback by Notre Dame. I’m happy for Bonzie. That happiness ends starting tomorrow.

I’ve been worried about this exact situation happening since the brackets were announced. ND vs Duke in NYC wasn’t the layup matchup that i was hoping for and would have rather play any but ND in this game.

I saw a thread on the main basketball message board about how if Boston College wins tomorrow the ACC will have 12 teams with at least 20 wins this season and the person that started it asked if there’s ever been a conference that’s had 12 teams with 20 wins before the NCAAT? So it got me curious what’s the most conference teams to have 20 ore more wins before the NCAAT started but I wouldn’t even know where to look to find out lol

9 point game! UNC has gone ice cold. Don’t know if the orange have enough firepower to come all the way back.

keep-calm-cause-notre-dame-sucks.png

Reactions: DukeRulesBasketball
Has anyone else seen the pic of hof coach Roy Williams trying to rip his suit coat in two? I think Dirt could have fun with this. I would post the pic if I weren’t so electronically challenged.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT