ADVERTISEMENT

***NCAA TOURNAMENT SWEET SIXTEEN - DUKE VS OREGON OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

Oregon 84
Duke 77

Duke fights, but Oregon takes control of the game in the second half.

I don't want to predict a score and possibly jinx our boys, so I'll just say I'm hoping for a great game and a win for the good guys.

Going to be a long 7 hours before this game tips off. I need to find a healthy distraction between now and then.

Yeah I'm off work early and ANXIOUS!!!! I don't get many nerves until about this part of the season. Since 05/07 I've always kind of looked at the round of 16 as the proverbial "hump"

Lotta beers today/tonight lol

You are all invited over to dukiejay's later this afternoon to dye Easter eggs with the kiddos. That should be a good distraction and help pass the time. Also, it's mandatory to be consuming an adult beverage during said activity.

Kids will be in bed by the time the second half of the first games are underway.

Yeah I'm off work early and ANXIOUS!!!! I don't get many nerves until about this part of the season. Since 05/07 I've always kind of looked at the round of 16 as the proverbial "hump"

That's exactly how i see the sweet 16 too

We have only gotten past the sweet16 3 times since 2005 (2010, 2013, 2015), so I'd call it more of a hill, but not quite a mountain. Regardless, I think we climb over anything tonight!

Tough call. I'll go with Oregon. I love the devils though! Go duke!!

Marshall once said he plays much better when he just reacts, and doesn't think too much. Well big guy, tonight is your night to do just that, because I think you may be the key to this game. I am so ready for this team to all come together, everybody on the same page, talking, rebounding, and refusing to lose!
Oregon is the #1 seed for a reason, but let's not forget, Duke has taken down two (2) of the #1 seeds in this Tournament already, and they are #1 seeds for a reason.
As long as we Battle until the end, that's all any of us can ask for, and that's exactly what I think will happen, Duke will survive and advance one more time.
Go Duke!!

JC-OFC

Coach K convinces Duke that the first half performance of the Yale game is who they really are and the only thing Duke has to do is not get amused when they get a lead. So Duke comes out and steam roll the Ducks. Kennard goes for 25.
Duke 88
Duck 67
After the game Coach K states to the media referring to Duke" They are who I thought they were!!
Now bring on OU or A&M.

Last edited:
Wow, surprised so many going with an overrated OU squad. Let's go Duke!!

Have you watched them play? Exact kind of team we don't want to see vs Grayson. Take it right to the rim, where we don't do very well defending. We gotta shoot real good to win this one.

I think K finds away to control tempo, Oregon sure as heck hasn't played a Duke caliber offensive team either! Grayson needs to be a rock, he's going to get blocked, bumped and abused. Get up, smile and hit a deep one the their face!! As somebody else said earlier..... Just keep hanging, make the bunnies and let it come down to free throws and execution.

For my heart, and beer stockpiles sake, blow them the F out!!!!

The game cant come soon enough. I've worn my 2015 National Champs shirts all day for the first two and wearing it again today. People out here just don't understand

Reactions: skysdad
Have you watched them play? Exact kind of team we don't want to see vs Grayson. Take it right to the rim, where we don't do very well defending. We gotta shoot real good to win this one.

I caught 11-12 of their (entire) games this year (I travel a lot to the PacNW for work). They can certainly win, but they're being overhyped here a bit.

Reactions: pisgah101
Here in North Carolina every newspaper I pick up are predicting the Ducks. Also every sports talk show I hear they are picking the Ducks. They are going to be wrong. One more thing of note and you have to live in North Carolina to understand this. The silent majority over the past two or three years have woken up and started crowing. Yes I'm speaking of those millions of Tar Heel fans who have had their heads in the sandy beaches of North Carolina have some how pulled their necks out of the sand and are walking and talking like Nature Boy Ric Flair in his prime. Here's hoping that they run into Dusty "The American Dream" Rhodes and this time just melt away. OFC

The game cant come soon enough. I've worn my 2015 National Champs shirts all day for the first two and wearing it again today. People out here just don't understand
I wore my 2015 national champ necklace the day Notre Dame beat the crap out of us so I didn't even considef wearing anything related to that today. Hopefully your shirt will bring us better luck.

Reactions: dbav
Give me black[/QUOTE

Please no black. It's the big dance and time to be serious. It's Duke Blue and White. We're Duke and it's time to get back to tradition. I'm nervous and anxious now as it is. If we come out in that death black I'm going to have to take the whole bottle of my nervous pills. OFC

Got mine on tonight also son. The Duke Blue one. OFC

This would be K's biggest Tourney "upset" ever. I think he finds a way. That way is Ingram and Allen.

The only thing that scares me about Brandon is when he creates his own shot with a fade away jumper... Jordan style.. He seems to shoot a very low percentage on those.
When he fades to his left he is money but when he fades right is when he struggles

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT