ADVERTISEMENT

Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Friday?
OFC
Friday_After_Next_Poster.jpg

Reactions: sgrooms
What is your favorite bean ? Mine is pintos . My mom , grandma, mother-in-law all made good pinto beans. I like them with corn bread and biscuits. Lots of protein in pintos. Sometimes I add a few chopped onions in them. Posters here from the south understand what I'm talking about. I cook them long and slow until the soup is fairly thick and creamy. Sometimes I cook them with ham hock which for those who don't know is the bone end of a country ham. Adds a different flavor to them. Every now and then I will throw in some corn. Try it sometime it's good that way. Very important point here. Do not eat canned pinto beans such as Luck's brand. Doesn't do them pinto bean justice at all. Buy them dry. Loose new beans if possible. That's how they refer to them in the south. Wash them and soak them overnight in water. They swell up and cook a lot better. Remember to cook them slow and long. Refried beans are made from pintos. I hope this has been helpful for those who aren't familar with pintos and those of you who eat them and have all of your lives like myself I hope it brings back wonderful memories. Now what is your favorite bean? There are so many types of beans and so many ways to cook and serve them. Now I don't want to make this post a long boring essay like our thr friend does and if he reads this and is allowed to post maybe he can give his take on pinto beans or any other bean for that matter since he is from the south which I assume by his user name. Before I go I need to leave this with you. Pinto beans are good for your heart , the more you eat the more you fart, the more you fart the better you feel, eat pinto beans at every meal. Now I nor anyone else I know eats pinto beans every meal because if any one did they would not only an old fart but they would be the fart itself. :D OFC

Reactions: dukehokie
Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

Was in Greensboro recently. Ate at Darryl's. Had their homemade crackers with ranch dressing. I had no idea that a saltine could taste so good.

What is your favorite bean ? Mine is pintos . My mom , grandma, mother-in-law all made good pinto beans. I like them with corn bread and biscuits. Lots of protein in pintos. Sometimes I add a few chopped onions in them. Posters here from the south understand what I'm talking about. I cook them long and slow until the soup is fairly thick and creamy. Sometimes I cook them with ham hock which for those who don't know is the bone end of a country ham. Adds a different flavor to them. Every now and then I will throw in some corn. Try it sometime it's good that way. Very important point here. Do not eat canned pinto beans such as Luck's brand. Doesn't do them pinto bean justice at all. Buy them dry. Loose new beans if possible. That's how they refer to them in the south. Wash them and soak them overnight in water. They swell up and cook a lot better. Remember to cook them slow and long. Refried beans are made from pintos. I hope this has been helpful for those who aren't familar with pintos and those of you who eat them and have all of your lives like myself I hope it brings back wonderful memories. Now what is your favorite bean? There are so many types of beans and so many ways to cook and serve them. Now I don't want to make this post a long boring essay like our thr friend does and if he reads this and is allowed to post maybe he can give his take on pinto beans or any other bean for that matter since he is from the south which I assume by his user name. Before I go I need to leave this with you. Pinto beans are good for your heart , the more you eat the more you fart, the more you fart the better you feel, eat pinto beans at every meal. Now I nor anyone else I know eats pinto beans every meal because if any one did they would not only an old fart but they would be the fart itself. :D OFC
As a True Southerner Sky I appreciate your reference to good ol' pintos! Dried a MUST for the True connoisseur, and the diced onions a must on top...Cook em just as you said for a real thick consistency...Nothing like a bowl of em w/cornbread on a cold winter nite cheering on the Blue Devils!

And of course Sky in your dried beans section ya got your pinto beans, great northern beans, navy beans, mixed beans, blackeyed peas, and much much more!

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
As a True Southerner Sky I appreciate your reference to good ol' pintos! Dried a MUST for the True connoisseur, and the diced onions a must on top...Cook em just as you said for a real thick consistency...Nothing like a bowl of em w/cornbread on a cold winter nite cheering on the Blue Devils!

And of course Sky in your dried beans section ya got your pinto beans, great northern beans, navy beans, mixed beans, blackeyed peas, and much much more!

OFC

Sky we may need to rename you the bean man or either Mr. Pinto.
You left out that if you do in fact soak most beans overnight as opposed to the quick one hour method it seems to help reduce the flatulence concern should there be a concern, something about the gas it removes from the swelling of the soaking bean. Soaking beans overnight takes a good bit of planning so I usually use the quick soak method and thus fart a good bit. Personally I don't mind farting at all as it seems to help confirm the male testosterone thing and gives me a sense of accomplishment. Discussing pinto beans made me think of a misconception I used to have that hummus was made from pintos but it's actually made from chickpeas and I do not like the stuff as it really taste yucky and probably reduces male testosterone just as quiche does. Hummus is not to be confused with Hamas. Hamas is the Government in Gaza and the citizens of Gaza are called Gazans and not Gzanites or Gasatonians. Hummus is a favorite food in the Middle Eastern Countries and many Gazans eat hummus so you can think of it that Hamas eat hummus. My wife likes Hummus just as many ladies do as they don't have a male testosterone concern. I much prefer pizza but not pizza with hummus. I just thought I would share those thoughts and concerns with you and anyone unfortunate enough to read this.

Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.
You forgot shrimp n grits

OFC

Sky we may need to rename you the bean man or either Mr. Pinto.
You left out that if you do in fact soak most beans overnight as opposed to the quick one hour method it seems to help reduce the flatulence concern should there be a concern, something about the gas it removes from the swelling of the soaking bean. Soaking beans overnight takes a good bit of planning so I usually use the quick soak method and thus fart a good bit. Personally I don't mind farting at all as it seems to help confirm the male testosterone thing and gives me a sense of accomplishment. Discussing pinto beans made me think of a misconception I used to have that hummus was made from pintos but it's actually made from chickpeas and I do not like the stuff as it really taste yucky and probably reduces male testosterone just as quiche does. Hummus is not to be confused with Hamas. Hamas is the Government in Gaza and the citizens of Gaza are called Gazans and not Gzanites or Gasatonians. Hummus is a favorite food in the Middle Eastern Countries and many Gazans eat hummus so you can think of it that Hamas eat hummus. My wife likes Hummus just as many ladies do as they don't have a male testosterone concern. I much prefer pizza but not pizza with hummus. I just thought I would share those thoughts and concerns with you and anyone unfortunate enough to read this.

For some reason pintos don't make me fart a lot but if I eat some fried oysters look out. Farts sound like a weed eater getting cranked up. Deviled eggs will do it too. What else makes you fart. OFC

Sweet potatoes and onion rings make me fart. My wife has banned me from onion rings.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
As an Italian (half), there are some issues I will have with southern food, but very few. The biggest travesty is making lasagna with cottage cheese. It's disgraceful.

Tater salad. Translation Potato salad. Any way it's made, no matter what you put in it. I will fart. OFC

Reactions: dbav
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT