ADVERTISEMENT

Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 17, 2015
Sorry to make a new thread guys. I'm a long time reader, joined a while back, but this is my first time posting. So what's the news with Bolden? Are we still looking good to land him? I was lurking over on the Kentucky board and they seem to think they have him and that its a done deal. We really need him to complete what could be the best team in the last 20 plus years.

Would be nice to have bolden if he wants do come. If not, you can still only play 5 players and we have good options up front. Leads to more playing time and development for kids who picked Duke...not a bad thing.

Reactions: diehardDUKIEnKY
2008-08-16-deweydefeatstruman.jpg

I'm going to start calling Bolden
"the yeti "

Until he shows up on campus I believe his recruitment is a mythical figment of our imagination.

He is not torn or wavering. He knows where he wants to go. There is something holding this up. Both are great schools and both will have great teams next season. I believe he is waiting on something. I bet he doesn't decide till he knows who all are in and out at both schools. Maybe the the semester has to be officially over for a scholarship on either side to officially open up and that will be Middle of May for sure

I don't know about Duke fans but hope for bolden's sake he lives up to the hype. While I don't think either team "needs" him ......I hope he is able to contribute quality minutes for whomever he goes to.

I look at it like this. Dakari Johnson was rated just as high as a senior in the last loaded class We all see how that turned out. Don't get me wrong dakari would have made an impact ( in his 3rd) year if he had stayed. Last years U.K. Team could have used him. But just like dakari I think bolden doesn't want to stay in school that long. So I guess what I'm trying to say is. He better bring the goods if that is his line of thinking Because I don't think he is a " superstar " by any means. He is not oakafor or KAT type talent

Reactions: diehardDUKIEnKY
Bolden shows a lot more self-awareness than Dakari Johnson ever did. For that reason and a few others I think he's a very low risk to be a bust.

The crystal ball flipped in Dukes favor again
Does this mean Lee and Briscoe are coming back? WOW Bolden's recruiting is like a carnival or something. LOL to Rowe who chose central Connecticut state.

Slater and Lykins changed there pick back to Duke. This is the weirdest recruitment I can ever remember!

By the way, peanut butter on pancakes it's actually pretty good!

Slater and Lykins changed there pick back to Duke. This is the weirdest recruitment I can ever remember!

By the way, peanut butter on pancakes it's actually pretty good!
Does anyone have any reasoning as to why the picks back to Duke? The only reason I can think is that Lee is not going to get drafted and will be coming back

Does anyone have any reasoning as to why the picks back to Duke? The only reason I can think is that Lee is not going to get drafted and will be coming back

That is my thought to DukeRulesBasketball.

This is something I read on another board:

Kentucky's Marcus Lee is on the alternate list for the NBA Draft Combine, a league source told ESPN

This could be telling as well

That is my thought to DukeRulesBasketball.

This is something I read on another board:

Kentucky's Marcus Lee is on the alternate list for the NBA Draft Combine, a league source told ESPN

This could be telling as well
Let's keep our fingers crossed. Lol

I have two daughters, aged 32 and 28 and a wife thats a good bit older and we all like pizza, sometimes more often than others.

Reactions: dbav and skysdad
John Riek and Brad Beal are also vying for that last roster spot. He'd better hurry.

I want Riek. He's a banger, has a great cross over, can dribble and drive, play slap the floor defense, rebound off both ends of the glass, hit crunch time free throws, run the stall offense, hit the 3 pointer, mid range jumper and guard any position on the court. His is a hybrid point center power big shooting guard . If we don't quit screwing around we're never gonna get him to Duke. OFC

AS for the Crystal Ball, people change their minds. Couple of days ago, in the old thread, Sky didn't want to do a pizza post. Then, couple of days later, in this thread, he does a Bubba Gump pizza post. People change their minds.

Reactions: skysdad
We've talked about hot dogs, biscuits, pizza and there's a taco discussion going on at the other Bolden thread. Who knows where this thread is gonna end up? We haven't discussed chicken. That could be endless. I wonder what Bolden likes to eat? I hope it's not "nanner puddin. " If he does we may have a new player in the game who's on a mission now that he has pulled off the biggest scam of all time. OFC

Reactions: harttochesson
We haven't discussed chicken.

I believe wings were discussed in the other thread, when you combine them with pizza, well, I think that's what heaven must be like.

Much like sloth on the goonies, baby Ruth is my favorite candy bar, and I'm hideously deformed.

We've talked about hot dogs, biscuits, pizza and there's a taco discussion going on at the other Bolden thread. Who knows where this thread is gonna end up? We haven't discussed chicken. That could be endless. I wonder what Bolden likes to eat? I hope it's not "nanner puddin. " If he does we may have a new player in the game who's on a mission now that he has pulled off the biggest scam of all time. OFC
I don't eat fish tacos or fish pizza.

I want Riek. He's a banger, has a great cross over, can dribble and drive, play slap the floor defense, rebound off both ends of the glass, hit crunch time free throws, run the stall offense, hit the 3 pointer, mid range jumper and guard any position on the court. His is a hybrid point center power big shooting guard . If we don't quit screwing around we're never gonna get him to Duke. OFC

John Riek for president.

I did hear that Bolden was waiting to announce to see what one Dukie did this off season. And since President Brodhead resigned, all signs point to Marques Bolden filling his spot!

I like turtles

I had a pet turtle when I was a kid. He kept running away and I got tired of chasing him and just let him go on the last time he ran away. He must be in Canada by now. OFC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT