ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA TECH OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

This is definitely a "solidify your seeding argument" kind of game. A true road win against a solid NCAA tournament team.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
We have more talent than they do, and we should have reason to play good and hard, a potential 1 seed is ours for the taking.
We go as Grayson goes. If he's on, like he has without Bagley, we should win by close to double digits.
K will be ready, will the troops?

This one has all the makings of a "white knuckler". Virginia Tech is a very good team, and remember, they went in to Virginia and knocked them off, plus they are hoping for a top 4 seed in the ACCT. This is not a trap game, because the Devils are fighting for the 2 seed in the ACCT.
Great to have Bagley back, and together with Carter, will cause the Hokies problems, but when they start doubling down on them, Grayson must take over! I really hope that Grayson and Gary, starting tonight, show everyone that if you double on the bigs, there is a price to pay. Don't be surprised to see just a "wee" bit of man-man defense from "K" in this game. ;)
As "K" stated, the team is tired, but I think Duke will have their focus and come out with a win.
Go Duke!
OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Be patient and pound it inside...they have absolutely no answer for our bigs.....NONE

they will Jack up the 3s and if they are hitting they can easily win..find the shooters on defense...if we do this we win...if not we lose

Contain Robinson also

I just want a win and for Grayson to have a good shooting night. He scored well while Bags was out and then a really off nigjt shooting wise the game Bags returned. I'd love to see some balanced scoring spread out between Bags, Wendell, Grayson and Trent.

"Because we now have a five-game sample on the books showing us that they do. After giving up 56 points at Louisville and 44 points at home against Syracuse, the Blue Devils are now allowing just 0.837 points-per-possession since Marvin Bagley III injured his knee and they went all-in on the 2-3 zone. For context, Virginia is allowing 0.860 PPP against giving up 37 points to Pitt on Saturday."

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports....ower-rankings-duke-is-the-new-no-1-wait-what/

Looks like we have been playing defense at a better than Virginia level these last 5 games. That's crazy to me. I've never been a zone believer because the odds of winning while playing a zone hasn't been great over history. But with our elite offense we may be that team that can make it work. We just needed a little defense. Every game we lost came down to the last minute after we gave up a lot of points. This zone is cutting down on those runs that teams would go on against us in the beginning of the second half.

I expect a lot tougher game than our victory in Cameron, but I still think we have to much talent not to win. DUKE by 8 to 10 points!!!
OFC

Be patient and pound it inside...they have absolutely no answer for our bigs.....NONE

they will Jack up the 3s and if they are hitting they can easily win..find the shooters on defense...if we do this we win...if not we lose

Contain Robinson also

This. Our zone is solid and our defense as a whole is waaaaaaay better than it was a few weeks ago. However it is a zone and if the opposition works the ball around they will find a good look at 3. V-Tech is going to shoot a lot of 3's, at home, will they make them. I have more confidence this weekend than I do tonight. There is no real way to account for how well a team will play in their home building. I just want to see us continue to do the things that we have done recently, take care of the things that we can control. If V-Tech shoots lights out and beats us, so be it. If we give up second and third looks or turn the ball over I will be far more disappointed. I am looking for a professional performance tonight, I don't think that is too unreasonable considering several of our players will be professionals in the very near future.

Duke: 78
V-Tech: 75

Sure don't want this to be a trap game. V.T. wants and needs this game . Does Duke want it more? Can't be looking ahead to Sat. for sure. I guarantee unc's not looking ahead. One game at a time. We cannot afford to go 0-8 or 2-10 to start the game . Got to get out to a dominating start. I don't know about you guys but V.T.'s coach seems like a whiner to me. He's gonna work the ref's using the under dog as an excuse to Duke getting all the calls. Does anyone know whose calling the game as far as announcers goes. I really do think we will have it together tonight. Play it smart and hustle, play hard, get the 50/50 balls, hit our free throws and hope no one gets hurt from both teams. OFC

Sure don't want this to be a trap game. V.T. wants and needs this game . Does Duke want it more? Can't be looking ahead to Sat. for sure. I guarantee unc's not looking ahead. One game at a time. We cannot afford to go 0-8 or 2-10 to start the game . Got to get out to a dominating start. I don't know about you guys but V.T.'s coach seems like a whiner to me. He's gonna work the ref's using the under dog as an excuse to Duke getting all the calls. Does anyone know whose calling the game as far as announcers goes. I really do think we will have it together tonight. Play it smart and hustle, play hard, get the 50/50 balls, hit our free throws and hope no one gets hurt from both teams. OFC

I don't really think buzz is a whiner...he questions calls like every coach does and sometimes just laughs when he feels his team got a bad call

I think all in all he is a good guy...he does so much for the community also

I despise VT with a passion but like Buzz

Reactions: skysdad
Ok getting close to game time. Happy we are getting the 7:00 start. Let's get out fast and hot as a pistol. See you guys at the half. OFC

I don't really think buzz is a whiner...he questions calls like every coach does and sometimes just laughs when he feels his team got a bad call

I think all in all he is a good guy...he does so much for the community also

I despise VT with a passion but like Buzz

It may be Pitt's coach I'm thinking about. He reminds me of former V.T. coach Seth Greenburg that used to whine as still does as a ESPN annalist. Just hope he's not doing our game tonight. OFC

Think this will be our test game imo ...not buying the hype just yet. extremely difficult game....senior night, must win, at vt, us looking ahead,hokies play us and Va extremely close all the time, good team, one best 3 point teams. Could keep going but you get the point . Was it a fluke?

Last edited:
Javin isn’t making that much of a difference on defense for him to be starting now. He does nothing on offense. They aren’t checking him at all

Reactions: GillJET
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT