ADVERTISEMENT

***DUKE VS VIRGINIA OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD***

I watched this game with my parents and my little nephews in the living room. Couldn't cuss the whole damn game, didn't trust myself to speak without doing so, so I basically watched in silence. Stressed doesn't even begin to cover it! LOL

hey great win. this was huge for this team.

i was watching tre, he didn't move his R side a lot, but i saw him jump up and clap - he seemed to do those things without much discomfort. hopefully back soon!

It’s funny all of our Duke fans know the L to Syracuse was a joke. Duke was without our best 3 and 4 players aka (Reddish and Jones), and we still took them to OT, what top team would overcome those barriers? I’ll wait dumb****s.
Also took a miracle three pointer at end of first half that if doesn’t go in we win without ot

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Watching tonight kind of reminded me of ‘15 when Sulaimon was dismissed and we had UVA next and things felt down and Duke fought and showed their true selves. I know it wasn’t quite the same with knowing Tre will be back but reminded me of that game as I was watching.

If I would have heard the stats 2-14 from 3 and 18-31 from the foul line, I would have thought this was a bad loss.
BUT it was a BIG TIME WIN!!

I watched this game with my parents and my little nephews in the living room. Couldn't cuss the whole damn game, didn't trust myself to speak without doing so, so I basically watched in silence. Stressed doesn't even begin to cover it! LOL
Been there. People all around and I say “Mother Fuh” while looking angrily around the room at the people responsible for me having to hold back.

Reactions: Neners and vcugreg
Kentucky fans who stalk this board, we already kicked your pathetic asses by 34 points earlier this season. You idiots who try convincing yourselves uk is better than duke come NCAA Tournament time I also hope for a rematch between Duke and Kentucky, because Duke will win by 40+ points again in the tournament you f’n inbred losers. As for you uncheat fans who stalk this board, your 2-4 beatings are also coming in February-April, you guys have no one quick enough to guard our Blue Devils. Duke > unc + kentucky

Kentucky fans who stalk this board, we already kicked your pathetic asses by 34 points earlier this season. You idiots who try convincing yourselves uk is better than duke come NCAA Tournament time I also hope for a rematch between Duke and Kentucky, because Duke will win by 40+ points again in the tournament you f’n inbred losers. As for you uncheat fans who stalk this board, your 2-4 beatings are also coming in February-April, you guys have no one quick enough to guard our Blue Devils. Duke > unc + kentucky
Seeing as how we smacked both Kensucky and Auburn, watching it felt like the jv game before the big boys played

My question is and i don’t know if it’s been asked yet so sorry if it has but with our win tonight do you thing we should stay #1? Or should we bump down to 2 while Tennessee goes to #1? Either makes sense but if they take in consideration that we didn’t have cam and Tre play against Syracuse plus we beat uva short handed i think we play. Also Tennessee struggled today with Alabama

You’re wrong. Duke is a good team, too. The only thing UVA didn’t do well was defensive rebound. That’s it.

Cause they were on fire from 3. A season long 40% 3pt shooting team hit 18% tonight. Season long 78% on FT, but 65% tonight.
But yeah. Defensive rebounding was the only thing they did wrong. Not, you know, making jump shots and FTs for the first time all season.

If you take a hard stance that Duke will get blown out and it isn’t coming true, you spin your wheels.

Hard stance? I said we might get blown out, and that it was the first time in living memory that there was a chance of that happening in CIS. And yes, we won. All it took was the worst shooting for UVA in what? 2 Years? Maybe 3? We won by 2 vs a season long 40% 3pt shooting team hitting 18%. And that wasn't all D. They beefed some wide open looks. So did we, but that is about par, no?

My question is and i don’t know if it’s been asked yet so sorry if it has but with our win tonight do you thing we should stay #1? Or should we bump down to 2 while Tennessee goes to #1? Either makes sense but if they take in consideration that we didn’t have cam and Tre play against Syracuse plus we beat uva short handed i think we play. Also Tennessee struggled today with Alabama

Think it’s split. More data driven polls will lean UT. Coaches poll will go UT. Duke is 7-1 against the top 40. UT is 2-1. One loss with a mediocre schedule vs us going 5-1 against top 20 teams.

Hard stance? I said we might get blown out, and that it was the first time in living memory that there was a chance of that happening in CIS. And yes, we won. All it took was the worst shooting for UVA in what? 2 Years? Maybe 3? We won by 2 vs a season long 40% 3pt shooting team hitting 18%. And that wasn't all D. They beefed some wide open looks. So did we, but that is about par, no?
Put down the knife and step away from the keyboard...

There were very few good looks by either team. Our length bothered them. Cam wasn’t good offensively. They took advantage of switching for Bolden, and we ran our offense through Zion and RJ. The difference was they couldn’t stop our plan.

Last edited:
latest

Reactions: bullcity gamer
Matthew Hurt hopefully had a good time watching the win tonight alongside Duke commit Wendell Moore @HurtMatthew @thewendellmoore #MatthewComeToDuke

Reactions: dbav

Serious question are you a duke fan? I mean this week it’s been very questionable it’s almost like you were waiting for us to have adversity and you thought we’d get smashed by UVA but now sadly for you we won so you have to make excuses for them? Doesn’t make any sense

Cause they were on fire from 3. A season long 40% 3pt shooting team hit 18% tonight. Season long 78% on FT, but 65% tonight.
But yeah. Defensive rebounding was the only thing they did wrong. Not, you know, making jump shots and FTs for the first time all season.

Just admit....you were wrong. Really wrong. They were 2-of-6 from three when you posted that.

I posted my comment at halftime. They were shooting 58% from the field and had only four turnovers. You just said something really stupid and egregious. It happens. Everyone told you how stupid you were yesterday for saying this was the best chance we had for getting blown out since 1995.

You’re a decent poster sometimes, but you went complete idiot on this game.

Serious question are you a duke fan? I mean this week it’s been very questionable it’s almost like you were waiting for us to have adversity and you thought we’d get smashed by UVA but now sadly for you we won so you have to make excuses for them? Doesn’t make any sense

He’s a Duke fan (and grad). Not a very smart one, though. When any kind of adversity strikes, he loses his mind.

He thinks UVA was who they were tonight because of their own faults. It wasn’t Duke’s length, it wasn’t Duke’s defense and it wasn’t Duke making adjustments since Monday because their team changed.

He said incredibly stupid things leading up to this game and even doubled down on some. Now he looks stupid. Sometimes, it’s easier to play into the trap and keep digging. He’s almost to China.

Very entertaining game. I am quite relieved we didn't lose 2 consecutive home games in 1 single week ranked #1.

RJ and Zion willed us across the finish line today. What an advantage when you not only have the 2 best players on the court but there is such a large margin between them and the opponents best player.

I was surprised we didn't try to keep the same rotation and just insert Goldwire or Alex at the point but I imagine that is much easier said than done against a Virginia. Cameron Crazies brought their 'A' game too.

Nice win guys,my heart rate was thru the roof the entire second half! For those people that say that RJ is a ball hog,and that Zion is only a dunker...i say Keep it up guys,keep it up!Bonus.....Got me 5 big D.I Challenge points too!!

Reactions: dukehokie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT